Post here your Elvis' pictures

Why Priscilla left Elvis....

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm

At least Stone helped with the groceries.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm

Could be the start of a good topic.

A lot of questions are still there, what was the final straw, why did she decide to get out.
Was Mike Stone her big love or was he only the ticket to get out.

She gave up so many things to live with him that young and once married it lasted barely 3 good years because from 1970 there were major problems.

He was handsome, he was rich, he was famous, he was a loving father and a good husband, not my words but hers too, WHY did she leave him he was every women's dream.

I always feel there is more to the story .

As with Elvis every aspect of his life is a bit veiled in mystery and in many many contradicting stories.

So many rumours surrounded their break up...

Will we ever know the real truth??

I doubt it :roll:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:39 pm

Priscilla, being very attractive and deeply in touch with her sexuality from a young age (allegedly; Priscilla has always downplayed her real self, especially to Elvis), was always attracted to handsome, virile men. While Elvis was extraordinarily handsome, he wasn't everything Priscilla expected him to be. There was also a complete mis-match of personality. These two things caused her to look elsewhere for attention. The marriage was a sham less than a year after it had begun.

It's no surprise she went into the arms of a KARATE INSTRUCTOR -- given Priscilla's high requirements for virility.

Note: I'm making no moral judgements here. Elvis and Priscilla just weren't right for each other. The reasons were many. Priscilla didn't respond to Elvis' personality and needs, nor he to hers. They were simply incompatible.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm

He was handsome, he was rich, he was famous, he was a loving father and a good husband, not my words but hers too, WHY did she leave him he was every women's dream.

Neither of them was faithful, but Elvis especially was prolifically unfaithful, even during the first year of Lisa's life, when he was supposed to be blissfully happy. That can't have helped, but then Elvis couldn't sleep with Priscilla after she had lisa, which must have been even worse. Not only was he sleeping around, he wasn't sleeping with his wife at all! Not many 22-23 year old, recently married women expect to be living without sex, and to a husband who's away so much.

I'm sure neither Elvis, nor Priscilla regret having Lisa, but had she not been born so quickly, perhaps they'd have stayed married longer, as their physical relationship would have survived.

The fact that their wedding night met all of her expectations speaks volumes for Elvis, after he made her wait so long! I'm sure the lack of Elvis physique, or virility as Cryo put it, would have been overlooked had they still been sleeping together.

That said, I think Priscilla wanted more than anything a full time husband and father, not someone she didn't see for weeks on end.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:02 pm

DarrylMac wrote:

Neither of them was faithful, but Elvis especially was prolifically unfaithful, even during the first year of Lisa's life, when he was supposed to be blissfully happy. That can't have helped, but then Elvis couldn't sleep with Priscilla after she had lisa, which must have been even worse. Not only was he sleeping around, he wasn't sleeping with his wife at all! Not many 22-23 year old, recently married women expect to be living without sex, and to a husband who's away so much.

That's one of the things I was alluding to. Well put.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:39 pm

handsome male. and a totally different type of man. i can see, how much el must have hated him, taking away his wife. a hurt ego can be as bad as a broken heart.
DarrylMac wrote:

very well put.
as i see it, he was the first to cheat on her, which started even long before they were married (one of his comforting habits) and did not stop, when they were. elvis was everything else, than the typical marrying kind.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:42 pm

What did he see in her?

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:51 pm

I see two things :D

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:00 pm

changeofhabit wrote:I see two things :D

:shock:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:51 pm

Actually, I see three of them. The tit on the left has to go.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:03 pm

Cryogenic wrote:

Actually, I see three of them. The tit on the left has to go.

Ahh yes, Mike Edwards,
I agree, Cryogenic. :wink:

Re: Why Priscilla left Elvis....

Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Lew Nyack wrote:At least Stone helped with the groceries.

He stole his wife ,his kid, and even his TTWII rehearsal shirt... :D :D

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:35 pm

did you know, that mike was the older brother of actress sharon stone?
that he starred in many tv- and movie-productions (as stunt coordinator)?
that he was dean martins stunt double in the ´69 movie "the wrecking crew" (with elke sommer - hallo deutschland! - and sharon tate - who was murdered the same year by charlie manson and his gang -)?

here´s more about this sonofabitch :wink: :

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0832048/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0832048/bio

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:45 pm

Mike Stone ain't no stud. He's a...nice guy.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:02 pm

Good toughts of all of you.

Elvis was accused to sleep with others in 1968 but so did Priscilla by then too.

Couldn't the fact that Elvis found out that his young bride,( who he worshipped that much, who he had set on a pedestal almost like the Holy Virgin Mary) was having an affair add to the given he did not want to make love to her anymore.

People always say: "it is because of his refusal to have sex with her after the baby was born" that she was searching it elsewhere...

But only Pris came out with this story in her book.

Was it common knowledge when Elvis was still alive that this was THE reason the marriage failed that early.

Elvis did have sex with other women who had a baby alreaddy.

I always heard from different sources another story.

Elvis had high southern principles about virginity, motherhood and marriage.

Once Pris had made the misstep to cheat on him and he had found out he refused to sleep with her again. He forgave but could not forget and things were not the same anymore. He tolerated her still because of the baby they had but he rejected her sexually.

Pris stayed and tried to do her best I guess, but Elvis was deeply hurt and in a way punished her by refusing her what she really needed the most from him.

They went to Hawaii to make up but he just couldn't sleep with her again.

While over there she saw Mike Stone for the very first time in a karate tournament, and Priscilla being a very goal oriented girl since childhood had only one thing on her mind from then on.

Marriage with Elvis had no chance anymore.

He stuck on principles and hurted ego, she no longer satisfied being only in name and image Mrs Presley it was a done case.

That is of course my point of view, based on some stories I heard.

They "looked" beautiful together, but were a mismatch indeed.

Both sexually and character wise.

I think it only became clear once they were married because before I guess Pris stayed a bit in the background, was a good girl so to speak. Didn't really gave Elvis the chance to really learn to know the "real Priscilla".

And of course we have to ask the question did he really bother to sit down with her and give her the chance to really be outspoken.

It is my humble feeling that they never" really talked "about what really bothered them.

She way too young, he was way too famous. :roll:

He wanted a wife and a mother for his children , she was a busy bee and had creative talent of her own. I think in todays standards we would call her a career girl,

She needed to grow, have an outlet. She was not happy being only the wife of...

Their marriage did not have a chance at that time.

So bad.

She made the descision which was best for her I guess but it was not really the best thing for Elvis.

I still wonder, if Pris has ever regretted she left him.

Riley

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:57 pm

Priscilla's version of events can change startlingly. During her last interviews on British TV while promoting her "fine linens" she was saying her sex life with Elvis was wonderful. Even the interviewers could tell this was a radical shift from her usual publicity as could be seen from their severe expressions. No doubt they had done some research and knew what she said in her book. She even said, "How do these rumors get started?" and blamed the British gutter press.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:58 pm

that is so true, she started the story in her book.

She also stated , Elvis was faithful to her until he learn from her affairs.

But she said in EBTP more or less in covered terms that he was having affairs.

Never a word of Mike stone, nor the dance teacher.

Don't get me wrong, I cannot judge her because I feel I don't know her enough.

She stays an enigma to me.

Too many contradicting stories about both of them and like I said in the beginning will we ever know the truth??

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:20 pm

I believe the biggest hurdle in their marriage, was that she wanted to be an actress, he wanted her home with Lisa Marie. I'm sure when he started in Vegas in 1969, she met all of the bigshots that would attend his shows, and given her incredible beauty, was offered some tv roles, which by all accounts, made EP cringe. As far as EP not sleeping with her, they had sex that fateful night when she told him she was leaving him. She was lonely, and since he was on the road banging any woman he wanted to, having sex with Priscilla when he came home wasn't important to him, though she obviously felt differently.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:26 pm

I can hardly believe they were married for more or less 4 years and they hardly had intercoure :roll: :roll:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:36 pm

riley wrote:I can hardly believe they were married for more or less 4 years and they hardly had intercoure :roll: :roll:

Because he was getting plenty on the side, so he was satisfied.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Joe - I think it goes deeper than that. I think Elvis suffered from a well known psychological problem, whereby once the woman has borne a child, they are put on a pedestal as a mother. I think i read somewhere that its called the Madonna / Whore complex.

They were having regular sex throughout the pregnancy, but once Lisa was born, they stopped.

Yes, they had sex the night she said she was leaving, but not in a nice way.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:30 pm

Christopher wrote:did you know, that mike was the older brother of actress sharon stone?
that he was dean martins stunt double in the ´69 movie "the wrecking crew" (with elke sommer - hallo deutschland! - and sharon tate - who was murdered the same year by charlie manson and his gang -)?

I didn't know that :shock: Disgusting but interesting. If he would have stoled somebody other's wife, I wouldn't give a damn but when it comes to Elvis :evil: :evil: :evil:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:45 pm

DarrylMac wrote:
Yes, they had sex the night she said she was leaving, but not in a nice way.

According to Careless Love, it was forced sex.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 am

SpanishEyes - That's what I was getting at. Priscilla said the same thing in her book.

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:13 am

changeofhabit wrote:
Christopher wrote:did you know, that mike was the older brother of actress sharon stone?

I didn't know that :shock: Disgusting but interesting. If he would have stoled somebody other's wife, I wouldn't give a damn but when it comes to Elvis :evil: :evil: :evil:

I think by the time Mike Stone came around, their marriage was already in trouble.