Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:21 pm

I told my girlfriend that i want mine buried with me when i go............. she thinks i'm joking!!!

Promocollector

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:23 pm

Can I ask why you know you'll be selling your collection by the time your 57,and why will you have to do this?

I hope to keep mine as long as I'm breathing.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:27 pm

I told my wife to sell them on Ebay ! :lol:

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:31 pm

Mine is willed to my younger sister, and then to her son. I'm thinking at least 2 generations ahead.

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:43 pm

Very happy topic...

Don't really like to think about these things, but my advice to you Uncle Fester, do not sell your collection, 'cause I think you're gonna be sorry.
Maybe it's wiser to make a last will or something.
On the other hand: when you're 57 you're gonna reconsider and keep the collection another ten more years, and so on, and so on...

Bye,
Sonny

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:45 pm

AWWWWW Uncle Fester!!! I think you are just geeing into that mind set that we all do when we get older that "I'm to old for all this sh*t" well your never to old to keep your dreams alive or to have hereo is my feeling on the subject.
You have pent alot of time and money on your collection, just enjoy it! If you want to sell it be 1000% sure this is what YOU want to do! In the end you can always give it in your will to a libray, Graceland, a friend, fan, or a relative.....KEPP THE DREAM ALIVE!!!
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:49 pm

Or give it to us....
LOL

Sonny

Re: YOUR ELVIS COLLECTION...AND ITS FUTURE

Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:12 am

unclefester wrote:I am curious to know if fellow collectors have any LONG TERM plans for their collections? Being a middle aged old Fool (47) I have come to accept the fact that within 5 to ten years....I am going to sell my collection. I know this now, and I will be comfortable doing just that when the time comes. Anyone else made up their minds as to what the future holds for their Elvis stuff??......uf

To me it sounds that you are tired of collecting allready. Why wait 5-10 years, when the prices are probably at their peak right now?

Interesting Thread....

Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:35 am

I don't think UF sounds like he is tired of collecting, rather,.................just reaching a point where he is satisfied with what he has. I think that is great, because that is what it is all about.

BTW, Sonny - I like your Indy '77 Avatar. Nice.

N8
..just a fan.....

Thu Apr 24, 2003 4:25 am

I know they say "you can't take it with you" but I'm sure as hell gonna try.
I'll never sell my collection.
At this point my collection is purely sentimental.
I've had 45's and albums since Elvis was alive and don't plan on selling any of them.
The whole thing is insured and if I can't take it with me, I'll leave it to one of my kids.

Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:17 am

I have gotten more protective of my items over time, and could never foresee a time in which I would sell anything. But, you never know what the future holds! I would like to have my things preserved as well as possible for my two boys to enjoy for many years. Still, I would like to think I still have plenty of good collectin' years to go before THAT becomes an issue! Look back ten years to what you had compared to what's in your collection now......

Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:27 am

This is a timely thread to me. I've been thinking about this a little ever since E1.

I have been considering thinning out my Elvis collection sometime soon, like this summer. I'll keep the core of my collection, but I may sell some duplicates and many medium-rare items, and some hard-to-find items that really aren't too valuable. Also a couple early and truly rare RCA CDs, which ARE valuable, so the books say or said.

Is there any interest here? Please no flood of replies - the first couple yesses or nos is all I need to decide to proceed. I have no list prepared YET.
Last edited by ohnono on Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:18 am

I'll keep mine, including the vinyl and record player, as long as I live!
Then, my now 3-1/2 year old kid, who is already into Elvis, will have it!

Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:41 am

When I'm gone I'll let my kids fight over the collection... :lol:

They can sell it or split it or whatever they want to do with it.

:P