Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' favorite foods and drinks

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:09 pm

What were some of Elvis' favorite foods and drinks (both home-made, and when he would go out to eat)? Just wondering. :)

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 pm

spanish omlettes
fool's gold sandwich (the one he flew his plane for)
krystal burgers
ordered-in pizza
peanut butter & banana sandwiches
red-eye gravy

that's what i know off-hand...i think somebody wrote a cookbook of elvis' favorite foods...

i heard a story where his girlfriends would put ketchup on their fries to keep his hands out of their food, and he wouldn't eat the french fries if they had ketchup.

and i don't think he liked seafood, if i recall.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:43 pm

who cares???

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:45 pm

AndrewJ wrote:who cares???

Myself, and everyone else who's participating in this thread aside from you.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:52 pm

Wonder what toilet paper Elvis used???

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:55 pm

AndrewJ wrote:Wonder what toilet paper Elvis used???

Bet he could afford that two-ply stuff! :)

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:37 am

AndrewJ wrote:who cares???

Your signature explains so much.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:33 am

Wasn't he a Pepsi drinker? I prefer Coca Cola myself.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 am

I prefer Pepsi. It has always felt a little more refreshing than Coca Cola. But I rarely drink such beverages. (Never at home; sometimes when I'm out). Soft drinks companies are a scourge on the modern world.

Elvis had an appalling diet. But he got away with it in his youth. His habits started catching up with him as his metabolism slowed and was altered by drugs in the 70's, though.

(Note: "appalling" meant in a health sense. Considering the terrible social conditions he grew up in and the wealth he came into, it would have been hard to radically alter his eating habits as Geller seemed to naively imply he one day would. Elvis knew what he liked and ensured he had plenty of it. There's something to admire in that - despite the gluttony.)

Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:30 am

I heard he didn't like eating pie too much. Can't understand why. I love eating pie.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:06 am

elvis also drank gatorade and mountain valley spring water in their original glass bottles.

yeah, i do recall hearing him mention pepsi...or as he called it, "pepsi-cola". though at eic he was drinking out of a coca-cola concession stand cup.

elvis also liked his eggs and bacon well-done. the eggs were rubbery, and the bacon was burnt. he liked meat well-done as well.
Last edited by Elvis' Babe on Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:11 am

I can see where this is gonna go...

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:23 am

people like to bitch about elvis' poor eating habits...though think about it. he pretty much stuck to foods he knew.

he wasn't one of those caviar and itty-bitty hors d'oeurves bites by wolfgang puck kind of celebrities. and he was certainly not a health conscious organic foods type, either.

indeed, his metabolism backfired on him, but his food selections definitely reflect his background.

and i hate to admit it...but elvis' fattening food selections would be the sort of things i'd eat. i'm not proud of that, but i gotta say--fatty foods have a tasty appeal that celery sticks just can't compete with.

and let's face it. elvis lived in memphis. not exactly a vegan-organic health spot. and elvis stuck to his roots, even though he had the means to go away from it.

p.s. fried pb & banana sandwiches are delicious, btw.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:17 am

Tits McGhee wrote:I heard he didn't like eating pie too much. Can't understand why. I love eating pie.

He liked pie, just not Natalie.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:30 am

I remember(maybe it was on the defenative Elvis dvd set, can't recall at the moment)... but that he ate meatloaf and mashed potatos every day once for 2 years! I don't know if this was in the 60s or 70s. Don't forget that he loved cheese burgers and fries, but what red blooded American don't! The Goldman book said that he kept ice cream and those frozen pop thingies in his fridge in his bedroom... I can see that... but we are talking about Goldman here... :roll:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:32 am

TCB TED wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:I heard he didn't like eating pie too much. Can't understand why. I love eating pie.

He liked pie, just not Natalie.

...or Cybil Shepard....

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:40 am

JEFF d wrote:or Cybil Shepard.

I don't blame him there.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 am

Rob wrote:
JEFF d wrote:or Cybil Shepard.

I don't blame him there.

Yea, but she still looked pretty good at the time Elvis was(somewhat) interested, early 70s.... but now Natalie Wood! I would be all over that! lol :D

It was Shepard that had the total clueless/classless taste to actually go on talk shows and talk about this, and I think wrote about it in her autobio... :roll: I mean I don't think I would be going around on talk shows telling people that Elvis' didn't wanna go down on my stinky hootch if I were her! lol

See Kylan this thread didn't exactly go in the direction that you thought it would... I bet! :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:57 am

I think those ice cream thingies that he liked were called Eskimo Pies!! And yes, I think everyone wrote that he liked his food VERY WELL DONE!! I think one of the MM said that Priscilla didn't need to know how to cook, all she had to do was burn everything. This reminds me of something that Jackie Mason said, "My mother burned everything. She was a terrible cook. All my life she cooked Cajun. I never knew..."
sue

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:45 am

Carolyn,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sue

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:16 am

sooo...

raise of hands...who here has given in and tried the fried pb&b sandwich...?

and who liked it?

personally, i thought it was delicious.

hmm, perhaps i should try the bacon version sometime... :lol:

lisa marie actually said that she's heard so much about that sandwich, that she finally gave in and tried one a few years ago, even though she didn't remember her dad ever eating one.

-------------------

and yeah, elvis did say he spent a whole bunch of months eating nothing but meatloaf... i think the story was something about having called his relatives who were too poor to have anything but meatloaf for christmas, and he felt so guilty about having hams and just about everything imaginable, that he did a sort of penance to remember his roots by eating nothing but meatloaf.
Last edited by Elvis' Babe on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:35 am

PB&B sandwiches are GREAT! I heard Elvis would sometimes put bacon (?) and honey on them too? Or is that just a rumor?

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:37 am

EB - I've tried the peanut butter and banana sandwich, but haven't quite gotten to the fried part. That seems kind of extreme! But then again, I don't put a top on the sandwich. It's just a piece of bread, spread with peanut butter and with bananas mashed on top. It is delicious!! But I cannot eat burned meat!! I like my meat very rare!! Elvis would be horrified!! He would leave the table, I'm sure!! I do love most of the foods he eats, like hamburgers and french fries (no ketchup)!! Good Lord, I meant ate! I don't think he's still alive, but I do think he's still with us, if you know what I mean!!
sue

Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:39 pm

I've read he had an aversion to fish and absolutely loathed the smell of it. That's a shame as fish is just about the healthiest meat you could possibly eat - high in protein, low in fat and generally full of good oils (including Omega 3 molecules).

I'm gonna have to buy some peanut butter and bananas today! I could do with stuffing my face and putting on weight, actually! I think I am the envy of many people for that simple reason. :D