Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The beginning

Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:28 pm

... Now mr Tallhair is real pissy! On the 2nd photo theres a cut out portrait of a 19 year young Elvis looking up [ purple/ blue shirt, colorized] . This is one taken in a Shreveport photo booth. With him a young girl, holding her arms around his shoulder. The girl is cut off . The original [ size of a passport photo ] is mine, dammit!!! Bought it, together with half a dozen others, including the one that ended up on the cover of the Stand By Me cd [ with that same girl and Gladys] for 2500 dollars, in 1997. I did use the photo booth on the cover of the Dutch Its Elvis Time fanclub mag, years ago. And again as a full page illustration in my book The RnR Years/ My wish came true - vol one, [ 2003] 2500 $ aint no chicken sh*t, and Ive been never asked for permission to reprint this photo as part of a commercial project! Anyone out there with a copy of my book to show here? The photo is in the first few [ unnumbered pages] to be seen. Your side of the story please, Joe!... Im not in a good mood anymore. SH*T!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:33 pm

Thanks to Ger for that approach. Saying he's a little pissed off is understandable no matter what the circumstances are in this case, but to have the good sense to ask Joe for his side of the story before drawing a judgement is to be applauded.

I wouldn't be too pleased if someone has done this in the name of profiteering for themselves, it's not like its for charity. hopefully Joe will shed some light on this, i feel sure he can.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:26 pm

This is the picture from the excellent book, My Wish Came True - The Rock 'n' Roll years

A credit to mister Tallhair was the least he could do !!!!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:32 pm

Passed the book by on the way out of HMV t'other day, but I'd spent too much already and my sister wanted to get the hell out so I left it. Looked nice though.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:05 pm

Stan from Tintane wrote:hey, sh*t happens.

look at funkyangel-he's big on taking credit for posting pictures he got from elsewhere

Hardly a comparison, unless my bank account has been raided by funky for the privelage of looking at the photos hes posted

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Read it the first time, I'll rephrase, my bad english.

Hardly a comparison, Funky only takes credit for the pics (though he does often say that he's got them from the net but I guess he's said it so many times now...) whereas the other way is to take money for the pics.

funky makes no money and the other person does - how is it a comparison whether you said "credit" or not ?

I guess it could be a comparison. i mean you can compare black with white, you might find little in common but you can never-the-less compare all the same. :wink:

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:34 am

I thought the comparison was being made by you when you said "sh*t happens" and then quantified that with the bit about funky.

Yes I do know the other person makes money. He puts a price on that release.

I do also know that funky charges nothing.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:17 am

Huh ? I was just telling you what i thought after you asked, I'm not saying i was factually correct, though I did express it as an opinion and never a fact, so it was right as far as it being my opinion was concerned.

Funky is not profiting as far as i am aware and i don't think he's ever put photos on here that are unpublished either. not that that is any defense but its better than devaluing an unpublished pic by publishing it on here.

Yes, sh*t does happen but I'm trying to make the connection in order it has some relevance in this thread.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:10 am

Oh now that's a nice pay check day. :wink:

Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:02 am

Ger certainly has reason to be upset if he is the legal owner of the bastardized image featured in that new SUN collection.

Frankly, I cannot stand the majority of colorized photos -- only a few are done justice -- and it's clear that many in this set have been rendered in that fashion.

The FTD SUN box looks better and better, even if it's not out for another 12 months.

One last note -- who was that little girl in the photo booth, Ger?

DJC

The beginning

Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:15 pm

... 24 hours after I posted, still no reply from Joe on the 1954 photo from my collection... The Tallhair is still unhappy about this situation. Even more so than yesterday, now that John mentioned the photo is also visible in a full page Record Collecter ad, and god knows where else...?!

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:09 pm

Hey Ger, if you own the photo then it should be easy to sue Mr. Pizza.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:36 am

Go get 'em Tallhair, .......... I would.

--------------------------------

It sucks that The Elvis-World is like this, but it is.

--------------------------------

On a somewhat related note:

Believe it or not, .......... some of the colorizers of EP photos take the stance that since they improve an image (by coloring it), ........ then they create a new image and it somehow becomes their own as a result. (Keep in mind, they are also doing it WITHOUT the permission of the original photopgraphers / owners of the pics).

People will always rationalize excuses for freely taking what does not belong to them in the first place.

Sad, but ................ that is indeed the way it is.

N8
... just a fan ....

The beginning

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:47 pm

...And the good news is Joseph and I discussed the situation, and solved it over the phone. I will soon become the proud owner of a 55 caddy, with the compliments of JP. End of this topic.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:19 am

Thanks Ger, I forgot what colour you wanted, was it pink, red or white. Email me on this so I can load the container. Thanks again.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:23 am

Steve_M wrote:hopefully Joe will shed some light on this, i feel sure he can.

I told ya Hair Of Tallness - but i'd have gotten Joe to throw in 3 weekends on the trott to come round and wax the caddy personally. :wink:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:02 am

Sorry, but I owe the rights to this picture.

- bought the rights when I purchased the 8x10 on ebay 2 years ago.

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:45 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:Sorry, but I owe the rights to this picture.

- bought the rights when I purchased the 8x10 on ebay 2 years ago.

Yeah, could be, but you linked this picture with my personal link ... :D

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:47 am

Looks like she is saying:

"Ow, is that your thumb I can feel there ?"

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:58 am

Sorry, but I owe the rights to this picture.

You "owe" the rights?

- bought the rights when I purchased the 8x10 on ebay 2 years ago

Perhaps you could tell us who from?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:05 am

I think it was the seller, but don't quote me.

Steve_M wrote:I think it was the seller, but don't quote me.

Doh! I just quoted me.