Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

HOW EPE IS SPOILING ERNST WORK

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:32 pm

As a fan, I find this kind of thing at least counterproductive in terms of image:

http://www.shopelvis.com/nshop/product. ... TUMESadult

Please, note the sneer of the model:
http://www.shopelvis.com/nshop/product. ... umes&page=

And, last but not least:
http://www.shopelvis.com/nshop/product. ... iew=detail

The sad thing is that this came from EPE.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:09 pm

What's worse: people buying this stuff!!!!!!!!
If it would not sell, it would not be manufactured.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:17 pm

EPE of all people should be doing all it can to stop this nonsense never mind condoning it by selling it!!

How on earth do they expect Elvis to be treated seriously as a musician and cultural icon while he's being marketed as a clown!

Sometimes you'll see people dressed as Elvis for fancy dress - in an outrageously inaccurate wig and a jump suit. People see this and laugh, is this really what we want??
Last edited by Johnny 99 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:25 pm

Why don´t we all send them an email explaning our views and expressing our anger towards this disrespectful use of our man?

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:28 pm

These adds give me an acute migrane

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:31 pm

"That's how your selling me isn't it?, like a monkee in a zoo". (I hope I got it right). Who knew these words from Loving You would ring so true.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:32 pm

how the hell can we give the guy the musical and artistical credit ,when idiots at epe sell this crap .god it makes me sick ive been a fan 4 over 35 years and aways defended him every time i could .this is disgraceful.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:09 pm

What's awful about these products is that they look so tacky. C'mon EPE, snap out of it for phuck sakes. Here's a thought, rather then the jumpsuit, how about a replica of the karate gi he wore in 69, what not famous enough for you?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:28 pm

The one i mind from years back...was the bog roll holder,that played LOVE ME TENDER.

Slippers,DUCK,and this pile of $$$$$$.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:06 pm

:shock:
:twisted:
"E-Fashion Network Headquarters"

:lol: :twisted:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 pm

biggazza2003 wrote:how the hell can we give the guy the musical and artistical credit ,when idiots at epe sell this crap

My feeling exactly.
Over the years, I've been trying to make the non-elvis listeners appreciate his music and -- look -- EPE sell him as a Fellini's clown.
I feel betrayed :evil:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

I think it's time we fans email these people. Given the headway made on EP's image the last couple years, why in Gods name would they be so frickin ignorant? I'm so mad right now at these ignoramouses.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:00 pm

They seem to refrain from showing Elvis photographs post 1973, but this is all right?

Unbelievable.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Joe's right :!:

There are a few things worth sticking up for in the
Elvis world and this is one of them. Let's get their address and even write real letters too in addition to e-mails. The cynic in me says they'll
never listen ("there's gold in them thar hills") but we have to say
something. It's also a pity that Lisa Marie is apparently powerless
or just doesn't care...

On a side note (and to show you how EPE is capitalizing on an
old trend), I had just put aside an interesting piece in Sunday's paper
about the demise of the Elvis impersonators in Atlantic City.

At least, the article made me look at it this way. Entitled:
"Goodbye, Elvis! 'Legends' To End It's Record Run," the New York
Daily News reported that Atlantic City, New Jersey's "longest running
revue ends on October 31st after 11 years. "The impersonations-fueled
show has been seen by more people in Atlantic City than any other show
since (gambling) came to the Shore in 1978," according to the News.
The article came, of course, with a shot of another moron in a jumpsuit
as "Elvis." :roll:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:10 pm

"After Elvis died, there were so many licensing deals signed that led to a lot of very tacky stuff. We're very careful. We only do licensing deals that make sense with the Elvis image."

Guess who said this?

Scott Williams, the marketing manager for Elvis Presley Enterprises. According to him despite having about 400 ongoing licensing partnerships, a full 98% of proposed Elvis projects are rejected each year.

Aren't we happy they're doing such a wonderful job for Elvis's image?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:10 pm

They've always marketed crap in the name of Elvis - look at all those teddy bears and straw boaters the Colonel had the Hilton decorated with. EPE are just continuing the grand tradition.

:( :smt102

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:51 pm

I find it disturbing.
That a company responsible for the legacy of one the 20 century biggest artists is selling such corny and most important, cheap stuff like that is outrageous to the fan and to his memory.
If its the desire of EPE to sell replicas of his famous stage costumes, they should at least go for the best avaliable, wich is of courser B&K entp., who haves the original patterns for the jumpsuits. Leave the low-price stuff for Wall Mart EPE!!!!

This is how it should be done EPE

Last edited by Sergio Luiz on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:53 pm

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... hp?t=17944

:P

Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:55 pm

So, let us all agree on some words to put in an email to these guys. If everybody send the same message to them maybe they´ll get it and put a stop to this kind of brainless shite.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:01 pm

Are you serious? Why are they going to stop?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:38 pm

The decision-making is baffling, for sure. Are they pondering these ideas around a conference room table in the corporate office, or in the bar at The Clarion hotel?

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:44 pm

Isnt he a Billionaire? I dont expect he gives a r@ts *** about the image,it's even more ruthless now.

Dont worry about credibillityElvis is just something to make money off,It stinks.

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:46 pm

99% of the non-fans dont even know about shopelvis.com or they dont even bother to go there so I guess you should blame the fans for buying them ? :roll:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:26 pm

Francesc wrote:99% of the non-fans dont even know about shopelvis.com or they dont even bother to go there :roll:

That's true, but unfortunately they can unvoluntarily find it!
And that's when the troubles start.
Consider the non-elvisfans searching for "elvis" with google.com: the first web site that appear is elvis.com
Right N O W, in the elvis.com home page, one of the main link on the right corner leads you to the shop-elvis costumes page!
Their message is "CHANNEL TOUR INNER ELVIS THIS HALLOWEEN"
:roll:

Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:46 pm

Well, I've e-mailed 'em and told 'em what a bunch of shits they are. If everybody else does the same it won't make the slightest difference but at least we'll have some fun.

I've said it on here before, but EPE will do ANYTHING for the almighty dollar.