All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
PiersEIN
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

EIN exclusive-New October FTDs confirmed, new outtakes found

Post by PiersEIN »

EIN EXCLUSIVE - October FTDS confirmed
EIN roving reporter Sanja Meegin spoke to Roger Semon who confirmed that the FTD October 2005 releases will be the 'Loving You' extended Soundtrack, 'Something for Everybody' in the classic album series, as well as the already confirmed 'Summer Festival' live concert.
She also got to hear 4 brand new never before heard takes of 'Blue Moon'!
It's great news that they are still finding stuff.

Go here for the full news
Go here for Sanja's great reports from Memphis

Later post- APOLOGY & CORRECTION!
The post I did above was an unfortunate misunderstanding due to a poor phoneline, & lack of Internet services in Memphis.
As ElvisSessions below says, I was wrong.
What I should have reported (apart from the October FTDs which was correct) is ..
"Vision of Ernst & Roger Semon discovering four new never before heard takes of 'Blue Moon' was played at the Insiders Conference, as well as outtakes from upcoming FTD releases".
Unfortunately in the excitement & noise of the moment I truly misheard Sanja's words and believed that new outtakes of 'Blue Moon' had recently been found.
- Poop, I was as excited as anyone.

However on a positive note there were plenty of snippets of unheard outtakes from Elvis' movie soundtracks that Roger did let everyone hear. And the most exciting statement of the day was him saying, "There is so much more new Elvis stuff to come!"
I apologise for misleading this great messageboard.

Cheers
Piers
Last edited by PiersEIN on Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Re: EIN exclusive-New October FTDs confirmed, new outtakes f

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Piers, I have to bristle slightly in hearing about LOVING YOU getting the deluxe treatment when in 2005, we already had Kevan Budd's excellent remaster. We can only hope that an album like ELVIS IS BACK also
gets both an FTD and a regular RCA album status once again.

But that's some great news about the new Sun outtakes!!!

I'd love to hear more of the story behind acquiring the tapes
and then hearing them!

And what kept them off of 1997's "The Complete Sun
Sessions" Lp; 1999's "Sunrise," etc.?

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

moodyblue1
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by moodyblue1 »

What about the rumoured "Raised On Rock" and "Nashville '71" ? Was'nt "Loving You" already released earlier this year on the mainstream label with DSD mastering ?

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

It's interesting that there are so many takes of "Blue Moon" that have survived when you remember that Sam Phillips didn't really care for the song. Outtakes of songs closer to his tastes like "Good Rockin' Tonight" have been lost to history. Sam taped over a lot of great performances, it's amazing this song escaped the chopping block. It's probably dumb luck but maybe somewhere along the way he spotted and grew to appreciate the weird genius of this record.

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Wow, "Loving you" again. Can't wait! Record Companies, guess why sales drop?!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

WONDERFUL NEWS!

I will pre-order all three CDs this time.

"Loving You" is going to look spectacular in the 7" format.

Keith Richards, JR.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Torben

Re: EIN exclusive-New October FTDs confirmed, new outtakes f

Post by Torben »

Piers

Thanks for the news.

Greg
you wrote:We can only hope that an album like ELVIS IS BACK also
gets both an FTD and a regular RCA album status once again.
My thoughts exactly.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

likethebike: "Blue Moon" is one of my favorite Sun sides. It's so "different". There's a.... oh, I don't know? A haunting quality, beauty to Elvis' delivery.

Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by 3577 »

Luuk wrote:Wow, "Loving you" again. Can't wait! Record Companies, guess why sales drop?!
Solution, Luuk: DON'T BUY!!!!!

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

3577 wrote:
Luuk wrote:Wow, "Loving you" again. Can't wait! Record Companies, guess why sales drop?!
Exactly what I was planning to do. I have this on LP, CD, upgraded CD, fifties box, etcetera.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

How much planning is involved in not buying something ? :lol: :lol:

Kristian Hjelmaas

Post by Kristian Hjelmaas »

Loving You sure will be great to get in the classic soundtrack series, with it's "mini-LP format", and I'm definately going to purchase it.

But, I fully understand those who question yet another release of this soundtrack. After all, we did get the marvellous Loving You upgrade by Kevan Budd & Co not so many months ago...

"Milk, milk, milk that golden goose..." :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

E4E
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by E4E »

moodyblue1 wrote:What about the rumoured "Raised On Rock" and "Nashville '71" ? Was'nt "Loving You" already released earlier this year on the mainstream label with DSD mastering ?
As a fan of the 70s Elvis this news was crap........I was really looking forward to Raised on rock,promised land or good times ftd.
:shock:

Mike DK

Post by Mike DK »

Hopefully both Loving You and Something For Everybody will feature optimal mastering by Kevan Budd or Sebastian J. (and have Sony take care of tape transfers). :D

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Steve_M wrote:How much planning is involved in not buying something ? :lol: :lol:
Quite a lot of planning. I have a subscription so I must tell the supplier that I do NOT want this one! :twisted:

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:Loving You sure will be great to get in the classic soundtrack series, with it's "mini-LP format", and I'm definately going to purchase it.

But, I fully understand those who question yet another release of this soundtrack. After all, we did get the marvellous Loving You upgrade by Kevan Budd & Co not so many months ago...

"Milk, milk, milk that golden goose..." :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian
Sorry KH..its a golden duck :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post by 3577 »

Luuk wrote:
3577 wrote:
Exactly what I was planning to do. I have this on LP, CD, upgraded CD, fifties box, etcetera.
Serious, Luuk, youre right about all the releases from Loving You. But still, dont you want to have all the FTD's, just for the fact as a collector? I mean, the puzzle isnt complete...........

Spellbinder
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Spellbinder »

I would guess (or should that be hope) that "Loving You" on FTD would include previously unreleased material. "Mean Woman Blues" is out there from an acetate source - maybe the instrumentals from the band - and what about the Dolores Hart solo (was it actually Dolores singing?).

Post by Guest »

Here's a nod and a wink to you all.

Have you heard the acetate of Mean Woman Blues on Keith Flynn's site?

Well this will be on the Loving You upgrade but not from acetate :wink:

Bugger, I'll have to buy it now to complete the collection !!

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

To get right to it: "Loving You" is not a favorite of mine. Never has been. Never will be. Still, I welcome it's inclusion in the 7 inch family and I will buy it eventually. I do wonder why the "powers that be" thought it necessary to "rush" this particular soundtrack out to the "collectors" market when we just had a marvellous upgrade of this material about 8 months ago. Which I bought.

"Something For Everybody" is a favorite of mine. Still, I would have prefered another choice since this material has already been upgraded
(albeit, a number of years ago) and "Raised On Rock" hasn't. I wish they would have stuck to the original rumor.

Soundboard? Well, you know how I feel about them. So, I digres.

All in all I'm not overly excited by the October news. Though I will buy both 7 inch releases eventually.

Marco Aurelio
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by Marco Aurelio »

I like very much Loving You soundtrack! I hope we will have unreleased outtakes of songs like: PARTY, LONESOME COWBOY, MEAN WOMAN BLUES and TEDDY BEAR. Does someone know if it exists????

How many stars are in the sky ???? I´LL NEVER KNOW!

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

3577 wrote:
Luuk wrote:
3577 wrote:
Serious, Luuk, youre right about all the releases from Loving You. But still, dont you want to have all the FTD's, just for the fact as a collector? I mean, the puzzle isnt complete...........
Releasing "Loving you" in yet another format with 99% of the material already in my collection at least three times, I could not care less if the FTD collection is complete or not.
Not buying it also saves me carrying it all with me when I move to the retirement home in a couple of years. :D

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Luuk: The part about not having to carry it with you to the retirement home is the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks for a great laugh. I needed that.

Post by 3577 »

Ill understand your point, Luuk. :wink:

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Great!!!!!!!!

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."