Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The defenetive video collection

Thu May 29, 2003 9:56 pm

Today i bought the 4videoset "The defenetive collection"
When it was released i did not buy it because several people on this MB found it too much money for very little.
I payed 22 Euro (or dollar)for it,a realy cheap price,i guess.
Since i'm not going home the first hours,i was wondering ;is this a good buy,and what are the best things on the set?

thanks in advance

Thu May 29, 2003 10:09 pm

I bought the complete versin, 8 DVDS. Idont remember the price but it was not worth it. Idont thinkIeven watched all the dvds.

Francesc

Thu May 29, 2003 10:21 pm

It has 16 hours of running time,the cover says,is it complete or is there more on the DVD(always hate it when they upgrade only DVD!!)

Thu May 29, 2003 10:27 pm

It is 52 minutes for episode and there are 16 of them, do the math. I think there are several versions of this set.

Francesc

NOT AN "ANTHOLOGY"

Fri May 30, 2003 9:30 pm

Even though this 4 DVD set (if u bought the European version, you saved acres of shelf space!) is not official an certainly not on a par with the Beatles "Anthology", I found this very professionally put together with some interesting interviewees, including many in the film years part that I did not expect to see.
The dialogue is for the most part acurate and sensible, although the clips of movie trailers can be a little tiring as this appears to be amongst the only film that they could use.
TONY DOBB

Sat May 31, 2003 4:22 am

I found it very interesting but not something that I would watch over and over. :)

8)