Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:22 am

Something to make most everyones day a little brighter !

A HOT NEW forth coming release by MRS

PEP 8)

Memphis Recording Service in association with JAT Productions will release the next Elvis Presley titled ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ in March 2012. It will contain a completely new re-mastered CD of Elvis’ performance of the benefit concert recorded at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on March 25th 1961 to aid of the USS Arizona Memorial Fund.

The quality is of this concert is far superior than anything of this ever released before and will now be considered, one of the best Elvis concert recordings up until that time. Amazing samples of this will be available in the coming week.

Elvis performs 15 songs and sings every one as if it were the first time he had ever presented them to an audience. This includes many #1 hits and includes classics that were never performed previously or again such as ‘A Fool Such As I’, ‘I Need Your Love Tonight’ and more.

Also included for the first time ever, is the 30 minute radio broadcast from Hawaii a week before Elvis’ arrival. It promoted the concert for the memorial fund, playing selected tracks from Elvis’ Christmas and ‘His Hand in Mine’ album, released at that time including words by Elvis Presley.

As a bonus, the CD is accompanied by a 100 page hard back book that contains many rare photographs with extensive and informative linear notes detailing Elvis’ arrival and performance in Hawaii.

Full information to follow soon !
http://www.memphisrecordingservice.com/

Re: MRS "SUCH A NIGHT: Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:27 am

Wow. Looks like another winner.

I must get that one.

Re: MRS "SUCH A NIGHT(In Pearl Harbour): Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:35 am

WOW! Thanks PEP,
I've been waiting for this for a long, looong time... by FTD, but oh well, these guys were faster and I'm liking what I'm seeing very much... Stunning cover too, and the booklet looks very nice! ::rocks
...and the best live version of "All Shook Up" ever!

Re: MRS "SUCH A NIGHT(In Pearl Harbour): Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 am

OH MY GOD...I want this. I want this in such amazing sound quality. :smt007 :smt007 :smt007

2012 begins for Elvis fans...wonder what the rest of the year will bring? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Re: MRS (EP) ‘Such A Night in Pearl Harbor’ Press release !

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 am

And to think we thought the very special news would come from FTD.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:04 am

Mister Mike wrote:And to think we thought the very special news would come from FTD.

Ok we got Hawaii '61...where's the Indy '77 and Pittsburgh '76 soundboards? :mrgreen:

...and the rumored complete 40 hours of Elvis On Tour footage? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 am

BrianTCB wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:And to think we thought the very special news would come from FTD.

Ok we got Hawaii '61...where's the Indy '77 and Pittsburgh '76 soundboards? :mrgreen:

...and the rumored complete 40 hours of Elvis On Tour footage? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Please, don't mention Hawaii 61 and Indy 77/Pitts 76 in the same post. :evil:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:27 am

From what I've been told, it seems that this recording has been sourced from the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set. These producers did not try to go back to the original source (which is still in existence but hasn’t been used in 30 years, & would definitely benefit from a new remastering)… seems a bit pointless to me.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:58 am

Rock Legend wrote:From what I've been told, it seems that this recording has been sourced from the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set. These producers did not try to go back to the original source (which is still in existence but hasn’t been used in 30 years, & would definitely benefit from a new remastering)… seems a bit pointless to me.

This is a little bit of a let-down, as I'm sure the original tape(s) can be cleaned-up and restored very nicely...
Now, using the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set it'll be just some knob twitching job with no big changes audiowise (something I can do myself at home)... but still a beautiful packaging tho' :cry:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 am

Lonely Summer wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:

Please, don't mention Hawaii 61 and Indy 77/Pitts 76 in the same post. :evil:

Hey...I enjoy it all!! Here are a few more mentions...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...Hawaii '61, Indy '77, Pittsburgh '76...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:35 am

Great News Thanks PEP !!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:37 am

Rock Legend wrote:From what I've been told, it seems that this recording has been sourced from the CD version of the ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box-set. These producers did not try to go back to the original source (which is still in existence but hasn’t been used in 30 years, & would definitely benefit from a new remastering)… seems a bit pointless to me.

It would be, if that information was true, but it is not. I cant say I am surprised how quickly our friend and your friend comes to this conclusion since we all know your hatred for this label.

So lets be clear on some facts that I and others on this board do know from the MRS camp. We already know that JK handed in a CD back in July. When it was found that it was taken from the CD, it along with he was rejected. Subsequently a better sourced material was found and mastered by Studio D. I along with several members of this board have already heard samples of this and it is great and I am sure they will probably verify it. MRS have promised samples so you like some of us will be more than satisfied. :D
::rocks

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:48 am

This would be credible if you said who told you!

Or is it just sour grapes?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:50 am

KiwiAlan wrote:

This would be credible if you said who told you!

Or is it just sour grapes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: my point exactly

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:51 am

Well, my sources are probably the same as yours, and they are saying that it's sourced from the BMG box.

It kind of surprises me that nobody has bothered to look for the original tape. The problem with using the above source is that it's compromised by the limitations that tape transfers had 30 years ago. We could probably get a lot more information from the original tape if this were done today.

As for me hating the label, bullshit. Just the usual MRS crap to discredit those that dare to pose critical questions... smoke & mirrors. I actually bought their latest release in Germany about a month ago. It would be nice if you could just answer these questions as opposed to wasting our time with that manipulative sh*t.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:55 am

Rock Legend wrote:Well, my sources are probably the same as yours, and they are saying that it's sourced from the BMG box.

It kind of surprises me that nobody has bothered to look for the original tape. The problem with using the above source is that it's compromised by the limitations that tape transfers had 30 years ago. We could probably get a lot more information from the original tape if this were done today.

As for me hating the label, deleted - see guidelines #2 Just the usual MRS crap to discredit those that dare to pose critical questions... smoke & mirrors. I actually bought their latest release in Germany about a month ago. It would be nice if you could just answer these questions as opposed to wasting our time with that manipulative sh*t.

Very much doubt that Rock Legend No way would any sources of MRS be associated with your sources. That would tantamount to a huge security breach at MRS which is very doubtful. Since the dismissal of K its water tight.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

Well, then why don't you go out and say 'this is from the original master tape', why all this smoke and mirrors stuff?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Rock Legend wrote:Well, then why don't you go out and say 'this is from the original master tape', why all this smoke and mirrors stuff?

Maybe they dont want to lose their sources by exposing them or whatever. I would totally understand that considering. But just because the press release is not described the way you want it you give out BS. Why dont you ask your God who lives up the road from you. Its no secret among some how they source material and use it, but thats not for me to say. Unless you will privilege us by opening a new can of worms!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 pm

Just what I thought... a lot of hot air and very little else.

Master of Muppets, you have just won the 'Hot Air Balloon of the Year' Award. Congrats!

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Rock Legend wrote:These producers did not try to go back to the original source (which is still in existence but hasn’t been used in 30 years, & would definitely benefit from a new remastering)
If that's true I hope FTD will respond by releasing the show as well, remastered by Vic Anesini. That way we'll have the best sound quality from FTD and best art work from MRS. Just combine them for the ultimate release. It wouldn't bother me to have to buy two releases in order to obtain the ultimate release of this marvellous show.

Master of Muppets wrote:Maybe they dont want to lose their sources by exposing them or whatever.
That seems like another smoke screen to me. Nevertheless, if the announced sound samples provide an improvement in sound quality compared to the Silver Box, I'll be more than happy.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey (Master of Puppets)(this nick should point out what you try to do!) why are you not open about the source ?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Paging memphisking...

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 pm

This is one of the concerts I would love to have in great sound but I might wait for others to judge how `improved' it is before taking the plunge.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Any new mastering from the original tape would very much be welcomed by any label. But I dont think even FTD would pay for that cost.

I do know that FTD were considering a release that was handed in person who screwed up the TTWII box set by International making the tracks mono. FTD was and still maybe considering releasing it. But the point is, the source was taken from the CD Box Set.

I believe that MRS however have a very good source superior to the CD release. However, superior does not always mean the master tape. There are various medium formats they are transferred to before the final mastering on CD. Its just a shame that one automatically jump to conclusions and then forget considering some the excellent past releases like the 'Hayride', which had new bits from 1955 in it and can tell, they were derived from superior sources than from the past. Listening to some of them and comparing even the few seconds here and there edited by previous releases are not present on these releases.. Since it is common knowledge of the producer credentials with some of his previous avatar labels, collectively we have had a lot of good new stuff from his sources. So far, all releases have been top notch releases so there is no reason to ever doubt the quality of this one.

But then unfortunately one remembers this is an MRS project so the usual 'matthews' and 'Docs' of this world will always be forthcoming with speculations without any insight to what really goes on behind any scenes. What MRS have done has been great for Elvis as well as other labels

Also I like the try before you buy, I never even hear that with other labels so I am very much looking forward to hearing the samples. And, if the price is the same as the 'Hayride' release with the 100 page book, then its automatically a winner already at 10 or 11 pounds.

Its a no brainer :wink:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Tracklisting? And why isn't it on the MRS website already?
Last edited by Daryl on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.