Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

AMARILLO '77

Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 am

I think this was a big suprise, and do we need it?? The answer is a big YES. It's not just a brand new concert available, it also means we finally have all 8 shows form the tour completed. So I guess for us concert freaks, this is a must :D :D :D

Re: AMARILLO '77

Fri May 27, 2011 7:11 am

You are absolutely right, I am looking very foward to it..it fills a gap for us collectors. Just 2 shows from 1977 are now still missing, Springfield and Sioux Falls.

Fri May 27, 2011 2:49 pm

After what I understand, both Springfield and Sioux Falls was recorded (soundboard), so I really hope someone grab them and release them. I don't think BMG or FTD will go for them, so if anyone else................

Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

AHM1977 wrote:After what I understand, both Springfield and Sioux Falls was recorded (soundboard), so I really hope someone grab them and release them. I don't think BMG or FTD will go for them, so if anyone else................

Maybe they won't go after them because they already have them? :wink:

One can hope?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:54 pm

I am sure Ernst has them..perhaps not in complete form..

Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:43 am

Ciscoking wrote:I am sure Ernst has them..perhaps not in complete form..

Any form will do for me so we can all complete our 77 concerts. Im looking forward to getting my Amarillo just wish i knew when it was out lol.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 am

For completeness I am thrilled for the Amarillo concert. partial concerts or complete shows, all are welcome!! Thanks to FTD for this one.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:54 pm

so.. since it´s out now for quite a while.. what do you say about it, I wonder :?:

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Probably not my favorite to listen to. I am not happy with the sound overall. Elvis was trying I'm sure and the variety of songs of this album make it nice. Probably not one I will listen to too often, but still nice to have nevertheless. Just one bald man's opinion.

rlj

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:15 pm

It`s typical and average for these days with new surprises.
But it fills a gap for us collectors so it was very welcome for me..

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:20 pm

AHM1977 wrote:After what I understand, both Springfield and Sioux Falls was recorded (soundboard), so I really hope someone grab them and release them. I don't think BMG or FTD will go for them, so if anyone else................

What's your source?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:14 am

:sosorry: I'm sorry i ever asked Ernst for the show,, it's a real poor one for sure :cry:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:36 pm

YDKM wrote::sosorry: I'm sorry i ever asked Ernst for the show,, it's a real poor one for sure :cry:

Don't blame yourself, its release has nothing to do with you.