Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

worst and best albums titles ?

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:41 pm

hello

what are the worst and best albums titles you ever saw ?
i 'm talking especially of non officials elvis albums

for ex
The Eagle has Landed

Re: worst and best albums titles ?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 am

Elvis Sings for Children & Grownups Too!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:41 am

"The King - Unadulterated recordings"

Or something like that... what a rip-off!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:34 am

Worst ...

ELVIS ... FOOL

Best...
PROMISED LAND

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:48 am

having fun on stage with Elvis-it wasn't really that fun :-(
our memories of Elvis-there isn't anyone talking about their memories of him so the title doesn't make sense,even though the music is cool...

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:01 am

Pot Luck with Elvis immediately springs to mind. It actually discourages somebody from buying the album. It's like saying - "Hey, it's pot luck with Elvis, you don't know what you will get, some good, some mediocre and some sh*t". Awful, awful title.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:04 am

That's the Way It Is was probably his best album title. All his others were kind of basic statements about the nature of the album (Elvis Country, From Elvis In Memphis, On Stage, Elvis Is Back etc.) or just derivations of the name of either Elvis himself or a title of a song (Elvis Presley, Elvis, Blue Hawaii, Promised Land etc.). 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong has always been a pretty iconic title over the years, along with the cover art. I don't think I can think of any other original and creative titles Elvis had off the top of my head other than those two.
Last edited by Good Time Charlie on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:20 am

An Afternoon In The Garden is a good title.White Knight In Vegas would have been good as well.

norrie

Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:08 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:Pot Luck with Elvis immediately springs to mind. It actually discourages somebody from buying the album. It's like saying - "Hey, it's pot luck with Elvis, you don't know what you will get, some good, some mediocre and some sh*t". Awful, awful title.

I have always wondered how something like that could even happen!

rjm

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:01 am

midnightx wrote:Elvis Sings for Children & Grownups Too!

+ 1

worst and best albums titles ?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:06 am

Bad titles:

And the King for dessert
Desert Storm
Broken Fingers
King Time in Abilene
Send me the light, I need it bad
It's Midnight in Las Vegas
Elvis' second night
Since Cincinnati
Candid Elvis on Camera
Event Number 8

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:16 am

and the winner is "Elvis' greatest shits"

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:52 am

Good Time Charlie wrote:Pot Luck with Elvis immediately springs to mind. It actually discourages somebody from buying the album. It's like saying - "Hey, it's pot luck with Elvis, you don't know what you will get, some good, some mediocre and some sh*t". Awful, awful title.

There is of course the school of thought that this actually emphasised his versatility as a performer; pot luck meaning that it's not all rock n roll or country or blues or ballads but a mixture of everything (like something for everybody and elvis for everyone). It proved at the time he was not just rock n roll and could appeal to everyone. I have never had a problem with this title and find it interesting that it is now considered by some as a weak title.

I never really liked titles that were just a repeat of a track on the album; just pretend, unchained melody etc. I liked some of the titles which stole a line from a song or a quote from a song.

My favourite titles have to be From Elvis Presley Boulevard Memphis Tennessee, that's pretty cool. From Sunset Boulevard to Paradise Road was great but tops for me will always be Lean, Mean and Kickin' Butt! When I heard that title, boy I wanted that release!

elvisonline

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:06 am

I always liked the concept title of "On Stage" February 1970. I like the fact that nowhere on the album is his name, just a very good picture.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:34 am

Worst: Anything starting with 'Elvis sings'...

Elvis Sings Hits from his Movies
Elvis Sings Flaming Star etc etc

The last thing you'd expect when picking up an LP in the Elvis section with Elvis on the cover is Elvis singing.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:18 pm

worst........'event no 8'

best......'50,000,000 million Elvis fans can't be wrong'

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:23 pm

fg76 wrote:Bad titles:

And the King for dessert
Desert Storm
Broken Fingers
King Time in Abilene
Send me the light, I need it bad
It's Midnight in Las Vegas
Elvis' second night
Since Cincinnati
Candid Elvis on Camera
Event Number 8

Bad, yes, but still better than "Swing And Swirl Your Hips Again."

Even though it is a very good audience recording.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Anything that just has a song title as a title, which means laziness and no imagination, such as;

"Big boss man", "Unchained melody", "Fame and fortune", "You don't have to say you love me", "Just pretend", "Faded love", "Suspicious minds", "Early morning rain" etc etc.
And the dreaded "Elvis"!!!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm

best title..The Hillbilly Cat Live..it simply says all...
stupid title....Rockin Against The Roaring Falls..

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Another ridiculous title for a cd album was "The only Elvis Presley album you'll ever need", indicating that all other Elvis songs, releases and albums are trash!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:34 pm

One of the worst: "Cut Me And I Bleed"... oh, really? :mrgreen: :roll:
Best: "Rockin' With Elvis New Years Eve Pittsburgh" :D

Oh, and please remember:
tcb4 wrote:i 'm talking especially of non officials elvis albums
Last edited by luckyjackson1 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:49 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:One of the worst: "Cut Me And I Bleed"... oh, really? :mrgreen: :roll:

Oh, and obviously some of you missed the point:

I would say especially is not exclusively, and so I'd suggest you've seen a point that isn't there. :wink:

I think Event No 8 is a great title and very apt.

Geoff

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:53 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:One of the worst: "Cut Me And I Bleed"... oh, really? :mrgreen: :roll:

Oh, and obviously some of you missed the point:

I would say especially is not exclusively, and so I'd suggest you've seen a point that isn't there. :wink:

I think Event No 8 is a great title and very apt.

Geoff

O.k., Geoff, I updated my post.
I agree on "Event No. 8", one of the greatest bootleg titles of all time (and one of the best bootlegs also)!

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 am

Elvis' Greatest S**T !

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:08 am

One of the worst official titles: Elvis Greatest Hits, Vol. 1 (RCA 1981)
Because it is NOT a collection of greatest hits and why call it "vol. 1"
I think it's funny (and tragic) to release a "greatest hits" album with unreleased songs on it. I mean, how can a song be named a great hit if it is previously unreleased??? :shock: