Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ginger Alden

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 am

Three more images from the same day, Follow the link as they won't post:

http://www.manhattan.smugmug.com/2008/Sara-Herbert-Galloway-Birthday/5489640_VBZbG6/6/336095613_hKeLB#336082884_vEjfw

http://www.manhattan.smugmug.com/2008/Sara-Herbert-Galloway-Birthday/5489640_VBZbG6/6/336095613_hKeLB#336093567_Dgwmy

http://www.manhattan.smugmug.com/2008/Sara-Herbert-Galloway-Birthday/5489640_VBZbG6/6/336095613_hKeLB#336094472_u8SuR

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Julian Grant wrote:
midnightx wrote:What is Ginger really going to say? That she was madly in love with a drug addict, who didn't shower, and who was in terrible physical shape? Ginger's motives have always been suspect. It is doubtful she would ever offer a truthful account of that troubling period of Elvis' life. She witnessed the final stages of his demise and nothing she provides is going to change how she is generally viewed. If she is honest, she looks bad. If she sugarcoats it, she looks bad. Hence, the reason she has kept quiet for so many years.

A spot on assessment in my opinion, says it all.

it wouldnt have been ginger, it would have been someone else. elvis wanted a woman with him. the truth is that it was not reasonable for elvis to live with a 20 y old woman . in summer 77, elvis' place was in a hospital (and even 2 y sooner) to solve his drug addiction once and for all.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 am

Anyone here heard or know of Patrick Lacy ? More to the point, Mr Lacy claims on his "Elvis Decoded" website (last dated 11 July 2011) that Ginger has a book in the workings.

Re: Ginger Alden Plus link to interview page #2 regarding El

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 am

if told wisely she could come off as a very young naive girl who was a clueless witness to the biggest modern era meltdown, and she could now today look back with wisdom and understanding she couldnt and obviousely didnt have at the time

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:55 am

The girl was just 19. Fans should take that in consideration more.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:55 am

Robt wrote:The girl was just 19. Fans should take that in consideration more.

Yes, she was 19, not 9.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:57 am

You obviously don't reckon 19 is too young ?

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:55 am

This is nothing more than an Anna Nicole Smith story from the past in effect. She was 19 years old with a 41/42 year old very wealthy man. She wasn't in love with him and she got her money from him then. There is no doubt he was buying her love and she was hanging on for the money, nothing more, nothing less. She was money hungry...unless she had a daddy complex (which I seriously doubt) and really what more can she add than that?

As I remember, she was with him when he took at least two of his three "attacks"...do you think she didn't know what he was doing and didn't remember the time he took them and should have prevented him from taking the third attack too early which killed him? I think she knew, but just didn't care enough to do anything about it.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 am

I doubt it if back then 1976-77 that the average person (let alone 19 year old female) would have been educated or informed enough re. symptons of possible heart attack. Elvis' death was his own stupid fault and noone else..

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:47 am

Robt wrote:I doubt it if back then 1976-77 that the average person (let alone 19 year old female) would have been educated or informed enough re. symptons of possible heart attack. Elvis' death was his own stupid fault and noone else..

I don't think Tim C was referring to signs of a pending heart attack. I believe he was insinuating that Ginger was not overly concerned with Elvis' excessive and dangerous drug consumption -- which ultimately led to his final overdose and death.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:48 am

Tim C wrote:This is nothing more than an Anna Nicole Smith story from the past in effect. She was 19 years old with a 41/42 year old very wealthy man. She wasn't in love with him and she got her money from him then. There is no doubt he was buying her love and she was hanging on for the money, nothing more, nothing less. She was money hungry...unless she had a daddy complex (which I seriously doubt) and really what more can she add than that?

As I remember, she was with him when he took at least two of his three "attacks"...do you think she didn't know what he was doing and didn't remember the time he took them and should have prevented him from taking the third attack too early which killed him? I think she knew, but just didn't care enough to do anything about it.

This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 am

midnightx wrote:
Robt wrote:I doubt it if back then 1976-77 that the average person (let alone 19 year old female) would have been educated or informed enough re. symptons of possible heart attack. Elvis' death was his own stupid fault and noone else..

I don't think Tim C was referring to signs of a pending heart attack. I believe he was insinuating that Ginger was not overly concerned with Elvis' excessive and dangerous drug consumption -- which ultimately led to his final overdose and death.

Don't you people remember what it was like being 19, feeling immortal and doing stuff to yourself you never would dare to do today? and that same immortal feeling would be extended to everyone you were doing it with

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 am

Her only "sin" was that she fell asleep (after an all nighter racquetball etc) when he went in to the bathroom to "read"....

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 am

midnightx wrote:

And what did Tim C expect Ginger or, for that matter, anybody else around EP to do about it ? For goodness sakes lets hear Ginger side of the story (via her rumoured biography) before fans reach any final conclusion. Over the years shes been extremely criticised by the likes of Dick Grob and also by some of Elvis cousins.

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:36 pm

IMO, Ginger nor anyone could have "stopped" Elvis or anyone else from doing anything . I don't blame her for his death. But, neither do I believe she was as innocent nor cared for Elvis as much as some thinks she did. I believe Elvis knew that & was beginning to face that fact. Ginger was controlled by her own family in many ways. As far as getting what they could out of him. Just like many of his "friends." :(

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 am

Robt wrote:Quote midnightX "Her silence has already been commented on; and it most likely has something to do with how bad she will look regardless of how she conveys her story".

And I replied You're entitled to that view. Another point is Ginger does have "her story" post Elvis including her brief film and television stuff.

It has "been commented on" with lots of IF´s and assumptions, not facts/intelligence. Just because someone THINKS he/she knows the reason for her media silence, it sure doesn´t mean that IS/ARE the reason/-s.

I have to say she´s got my SYMPATHY. I recall fairly well what Guralnic wrote about their relationship, like:
* Elvis allegedly wanted her to be with him at all times, or at least instantly as soon as he wanted her present.
* Elvis allegedly did not allow her to go see her mum/home, or at least disapproved when she did.
* Elvis allegedly skipped a Nashville recording session because Ginger didn´t want to go there with him; something that has been put as "HOW insensible to his needs for her".
Now, such demands are just totally unreasonable! No wonder a presumably MODERN young woman did not want to give in to his demands. It doesn´t seem she was a "YES person", and she should be applauded! It is not being "selfish" (as some seem to think), but act in line with what is normal. Elvis must have been a old-fashioned control freak when it comes to women, OR just SO unwilling to be without company at any given time OR just unwilling to accept someone had their OWN mind made up and follow it.
Correct, NOPE, I do not care one bit for his views/attitude towards women and his demands.

Regarding the 16th, who can reasonably blame her for sleeping when Elvis died (O.D´d?), waking up when it had happened? As far as we know, he decided to stay in his bathroom reading for a while, and she went to bed. If my wife for some reason wanted to stay up and read for a while a bit into the night, I would have said "OK, good night, I am going to bed" and fallen asleep. If she then had gotten sick and unable to wake me up/alert me, - then tragically I would have been "guilty" of the same "neglect" that fans have accused Ginger for.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:22 am

eligain wrote:
Tim C wrote:This is nothing more than an Anna Nicole Smith story from the past in effect. She was 19 years old with a 41/42 year old very wealthy man. She wasn't in love with him and she got her money from him then. There is no doubt he was buying her love and she was hanging on for the money, nothing more, nothing less. She was money hungry...unless she had a daddy complex (which I seriously doubt) and really what more can she add than that?

This is one of the dumbest posts I have ever read.

Right, at least the 2nd paragraph. Tim C, you seriously expect her to say to Elvis - AND managing to stop him - , like, "Elvis honey, please, you MUST NOT take that drugs mix! I will not allow it, my dear!"??
Elvis was responsible for his abuse AND for his death, Elvis was responsible for his destruction. Period.

(We can´t even reasonable blame the Colonel, for too few artistic challenges and the effect of this on Elvis´ health.)

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:29 am

I don't see anyone faulting Ginger for sleeping while Elvis was in the bathroom, nor have I seen anyone take the position that Elvis' demands of Ginger were always reasonable. Those issues are not what typically influences antagonistic feelings towards Ginger.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:43 am

midnightx wrote:I don't see anyone faulting Ginger for sleeping while Elvis was in the bathroom, nor have I seen anyone take the position that Elvis' demands of Ginger were always reasonable. Those issues are not what typically influences antagonistic feelings towards Ginger.

Not necessarily in this thread, but it is my perception that has happen, at least between the lines, elsewhere.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Since nobody here knows her personally it's impossible to tell exactly how she is as a person. But, most people around Elvis at that time has later said that she wasn't good for him. Isn't Shirley Dieu writing a book? I think she has something to tell about Ginger in the book, something the two of them talked about regarding Ginger's relationship to Elvis. It wasn't a positive thing.

So, is Ginger going to release a book or not?

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

She was not good for him, it's clear. Many sad if Linda was that night with him, she could save him, because she was very careful watching his sleep. Ginger was very manipulated by his mom who cared only about money and Ginger preffered many times to meet with her young boyfriend. She had the right to do this but why she remained with Elvis? Only for diamonds and cars, I'm afraid. Off course it was Elvis's fault, this relationship was anormal and he was so despaired he wanted to buy her love with expensive gifts. Because of Ginger, Elvis refused to record in Nashville in january 1977. Like Peter Guralnick said, citing an old Elvis song it was an " One Sided Love Affair"

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:She was not good for him, it's clear. Many sad if Linda was that night with him, she could save him, because she was very careful watching his sleep. Ginger was very manipulated by his mom who cared only about money and Ginger preffered many times to meet with her young boyfriend. She had the right to do this but why she remained with Elvis? Only for diamonds and cars, I'm afraid. Off course it was Elvis's fault, this relationship was anormal and he was so despaired he wanted to buy her love with expensive gifts. Because of Ginger, Elvis refused to record in Nashville in january 1977. Like Peter Guralnick said, citing an old Elvis song it was an " One Sided Love Affair"

Yes, it certainly seems like it was a 'One Sided Love Affair'.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Robt wrote:Thanks delboy and shawn. I read on another site that Ginger has such a book in the workings.

Ginger Alden, Elvis' girlfriend at the time of his death is currently in the process of writing her memoirs about her life and her short relationship with the King of Rock 'N' Roll. The book is expected next year. Undoubtably, this drawing of Graceland will be included too. Ginger made this as a teener, long before she actually met Elvis for the first time ... and no, Elvis never saw her impression of the house that she in 1977 called her home.
elvisnews/rareelvispresley/elvismatters sep2012

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Robt wrote:The girl was just 19. Fans should take that in consideration more.

+1

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Robt wrote:As TONY. started up a topic on Linda, I'm starting one on Ginger Alden :mrgreen: . This is Ginger today.
What do others think ?

UPDATE: The large pic was from the late '80's.

Ginger is wearing far too much concealer underneath her eyes!