Off Topic Messages

"Living To Love You" Mp3 (More Complete Audio)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:05 am

A more complete version of "Living To Love You" apparently has been uploaded. Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PINUGS0

Also available on youtube :

phpBB [video]

Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Re: "Living To Love You" Mp3 (More Complete Audio)

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:03 am

it's asking for the password...

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:08 am

joshferrell wrote:it's asking for the password...

Try Again.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:12 am

It still doesn't sound like Elvis !
Last edited by Dan_T on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:16 am

Dan_T wrote:It still doesn't sound like Elvis !

That's what I thought at first. It's a poor quality recording and is sped up just by a hair. After comparing this song to other songs from that time period like "Love Song Of The Year", "There's A Honky Tonk Angel", "Help Me", "Your Love's Been A Long Time Coming". I know one thing for sure..it's most likely from late 1973. I'll even go as far as saying it could very well be an unreleased outtake from the December Stax sessions.
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 am

Wow..really ? I have to completely disgree with you on that.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:22 am

Don't know what happened there ! :D
Last edited by Dan_T on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:36 am

Dan_T wrote:Wow..really ? I have to completely disgree with you on that.

I did'nt hear you the first couple of times. Could you please repeat that again ?

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:37 am

yeah it's hard to tell if it's him because the quality is so bad...

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:40 am

TCB-FAN wrote:It's a poor quality recording and is sped up just by a hair. After comparing this song to other songs from that time period like "Love Song Of The Year", "There's A Honky Tonk Angel", "Help Me". I know one thing for sure..it's most likely from late 1973. I'll even go as far as saying it could very well be an unreleased outtake from the December Stax sessions.

LMFAO! :smt005

Are you SERIOUS???!!! :shock:

how can any Elvis fan mistake that warbling flimsy voice for Elvis, even for a mere second??

Good lord!

Have you heard this one? Released under the tremeloes name, but clearly an outtake from Memphis 69....

phpBB [video]

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:42 am

TCB-FAN wrote:A more complete version of "Living To Love You" apparently has been uploaded. Enjoy.

Ernst Jorgensen & Roger Semon : Please give this soundbyte a careful listen. Thank You.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9YZ5UMBW

Most likely recorded around November, 1973 (Linda Thompson Home)

It's not more complete. It is the same fragments of audio from the TV news clip. And it is clearly not Elvis.

Chris

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:43 am

in the 2nd half of the soundfile (from 0:15) the singer sounds a bit like elvis.
nevertheless, it´s not him, which i am pretty sure about.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 am

joshferrell wrote:yeah it's hard to tell if it's him because the quality is so bad...

:|

The audio is fantastic when compared to some of the audience recordings we have listened to over the years. And even the direst of those reveal that despite quality, Elvis is unmistakeable.

This recording, which is as clear as any existant home recordings, bears no resemblance to Elvis in vocal timbre, depth, vibrato or most importantly, phrasing. How anyone can think otherwise is beyond me.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:01 am

Here's a clip from local news-

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CG8QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wxyz.com%2Fdpp%2Fentertainment%2Fexpert-says-recording-found-in-Michigan-is-unreleased-elvis-presley-song&ei=msK9TrHyBYTe2QXHk9ntDw&usg=AFQjCNHENSqOBvauI9BgvVrri5HgaP21FA&sig2=pG-WefSsCc6NU7czMuVVCA

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:13 am

Hearing the clip like this I can tell THIS IS NOT Elvis. But the guy singing has a nice voice ala Elvis.
It would be cool if we could find out who the singer is.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 am

I've updated the clip using better quality sources. Please re-download. My bad for the inconvenience.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PINUGS0

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:25 am

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:It's a poor quality recording and is sped up just by a hair. After comparing this song to other songs from that time period like "Love Song Of The Year", "There's A Honky Tonk Angel", "Help Me". I know one thing for sure..it's most likely from late 1973. I'll even go as far as saying it could very well be an unreleased outtake from the December Stax sessions.

LMFAO! :smt005

Are you SERIOUS???!!! :shock:

how can any Elvis fan mistake that warbling flimsy voice for Elvis, even for a mere second??

Good lord!

Have you heard this one? Released under the tremeloes name, but clearly an outtake from Memphis 69....

phpBB [video]

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 If that's Elvis, then I'm Queen Elizabeth. :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:28 am

It's just not Elvis, is it? Shame, though.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:30 am

I'll even go out on a limb as saying that this unreleased recording (LTLY) may very well be from the August, 1974 rehearsals, judging by the instruments used in the recording.......

Check out the similarities.....

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:41 am

JaneTLC wrote:It's just not Elvis, is it? Shame, though.

The same exact thing was said when "The Twelfth Of Never" first came out in 1995. Never say never.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:47 am

Yes but those three songs you posted are unmistakeably Elvis. The other song isn't.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:54 am

JaneTLC wrote:Yes but those three songs you posted are unmistakeably Elvis. The other song isn't.

If you listen carefully to the part where he sings "I'll Spend My Lifetime.............." The Elvis timbre and range is spot on. NO ONE....I mean NO ONE can replicate that other than Elvis himself. That's what convinced me. Believe me, I was'nt at first. But after a few listens....and maybe a few vodkas......lol

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:31 am

Not Elvis...

Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:55 am

I'm even spotting a foreign accent (listen to "and every moment I live" 10 secs. into the sample), Elvis would have pronounced the word "moment" very differently, linking it to the next words "I live" by pronouncing the "t" in "moment" very soft and with ease. Here the "t" almost sounds like a "d" (it's hard for imitators to get this right). Perhaps it's the Swedish Elvis, Eilert Pilarm?

Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:12 am

WOW! You call yourself an Elvis fan?