Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: Memphis, June 17th 1977

Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:57 pm

rickeap wrote:Isn't it lucky I didn't make the wrong conclusion ...

As always, you take my comments and observations out of context and act like an internet bully.

If you think your passive-aggressive comments are appreciated, you are mistaken.

One of us does research for official Presley projects and -- guess what -- it ain't you.

Have a nice day.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

As always, you take my comments and observations out of context and act like an internet bully.

If you think your passive-aggressive comments are appreciated, you are mistaken.

One of us does research for official Presley projects and -- guess what -- it ain't you.

Have a nice day.

Two of us ;-)

Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Have a nice day.

Your ego and arrogance know no bounds. When we talk about intenet bullies it is you who constantly shines under that spotlight.
It is not that you were wrong about the date - so was I - it is that you were rude, arrogant, condescending, insulting and dismissive of the written document which gave another date.
No wonder you have such a bad reputation and I'm sad to see you are living up to that on this topic and others where your attacks on people/sites (not me) were truly distasteful.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:23 am

paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Have a nice day.

Two of us ;-)

Three.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 am

elvisjock wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Have a nice day.

Two of us ;-)

Three.

::rocks

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:02 am

Are all these photos from the same date, Paul? Are you sure? Only the middle one has the car carrying an orange flashlight.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:14 am

epf wrote:Are all these photos from the same date, Paul? Are you sure? Only the middle one has the car carrying an orange flashlight.

Same day. The light you see is from a store or something in the distance.

Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:30 am

rickeap wrote:Your ....

In case you haven't noticed, no one is buying the baloney you're selling, so take your mischaracterizations and slander elsewhere.

::rocks

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:11 pm

By the way I have taken action to make sure I don't see comments that can be easily `mischaracterised' so I can actually start to enjoy this board.
I feel liberated! :smt003

Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:20 pm

How about you guys take your fight somewhere else (meaning private).
I for one am NOT interested in opening a thread only to read a lot of slander, namecalling or whatever you have going.
Have you totally forgotten that there is something called MANNERS.

Brian

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:13 pm

bripet56 wrote:How about you guys take your fight ...

Thanks so much for speaking out.

Since you are "NOT interested in opening a thread only to read a lot of slander, namecalling or whatever" I strongly suggest you report the posts that offend, and let the moderators do their job.

However, let's be crystal-clear: it is not a "fight" if one person is picked on by others. Show me one time I initiated a conflict, or slandered or name-called or whatever, Brian. I would like to see it.

Thank you.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:42 pm

In case anyone forgot, this post confirmed photos taken June 17, 1977

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... l0877.html

8)

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:21 am

paulsweeney wrote:In case anyone forgot, this post confirmed photos taken June 17, 1977

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/egl0877.html

8)

Now, let's work on some of those other pages and fix them up.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:In case anyone forgot, this post confirmed photos taken June 17, 1977

8)

Try as I might, sometimes you make it difficult to like you with such comments. It's a process that has been going on for over 15 years Doc, working on Candid Central, setting the pages up, the majority of which are accurate to my knowledge, and when shown otherwise, changing dates, trying to find dates and getting help from a few here at FECC.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:17 am

Paul, Candid Central is second to no one. Your work is very much appreciated!

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:39 am

paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

8)

Try as I might ...

I was just joking and I am sorry if that was not conveyed.

I assumed you were also joking when you posted your "In case anyone forgot" comment. My bad.

I will add you seem to have forgotten when I sent many page URLs and correct dates for your site.

And you have seemed to have forgotten the scores of times I have praised and promoted your site here.

Again, my apologies, and I am OFF this topic.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

8)

Try as I might ...

I was just joking and I am sorry if that was not conveyed.

I assumed you were also joking when you posted your "In case anyone forgot" comment. My bad.

I will add you seem to have forgotten when I sent many page URLs and correct dates for your site.

And you have seemed to have forgotten the scores of times I have praised and promoted your site here.

Again, my apologies, and I am OFF this topic.

Doc, you were included in the "getting help from a few here at FECC", which I appreciate. Thanks for your clarification, and help and cheerleading over the years . Thanks to all from FECC who have helped.

Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:05 am

Paul, your pages are terrific and much appreciated

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:29 pm

paulsweeney wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:Bearing in mind it's allegedly June in Memphis, and he has to be on stage 2 hours away in Springfield. Even if they were leaving at 8pm, wouldn't it still be light outside, it being summer? These photos look like they're taken in the dark.

As Doc has rightly pointed out, Lisa wasn't around for the June tour, visiting with her dad a few weeks later.

I'd bet this is the night they went to Livertyland - a typical nocturnal activity for Elvis, and Lisa on holidays would have been allowed to stay up late.

I would have to agree with you on this

Does the sun not set in Memphis around 20.14 Hrs??

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:30 pm

wolfiecastle wrote:
paulsweeney wrote:
DarrylMac wrote:Bearing in mind it's allegedly June in Memphis, and he has to be on stage 2 hours away in Springfield. Even if they were leaving at 8pm, wouldn't it still be light outside, it being summer? These photos look like they're taken in the dark.

As Doc has rightly pointed out, Lisa wasn't around for the June tour, visiting with her dad a few weeks later.

I'd bet this is the night they went to Livertyland - a typical nocturnal activity for Elvis, and Lisa on holidays would have been allowed to stay up late.

I would have to agree with you on this

Does the sun not set in Memphis around 20.14 Hrs??

Not possible as he was onstage somewhere else

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:50 pm

rickeap wrote:By the way I have taken action to make sure I don't see comments that can be easily `mischaracterised' so I can actually start to enjoy this board.

Can you see my posts?

Check, one, two......

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 am

God, why does it always have to be a **** fight around here! There are certain people who thrive on drama! Thank god I'm not an ego-maniac! Peace and Love, guys!

Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:38 am

Rob wrote:
rickeap wrote:By the way I have taken action to make sure I don't see comments that can be easily `mischaracterised' so I can actually start to enjoy this board.

Can you see my posts?

Check, one, two......

Rob you're posts are always enjoyable. Actually I enjoy most posters, yes Matthew even your's (well, most of the time)! :smt006

I agree with Funky about the fights.
There is only one main culprit who causes angst on this board, sometimes intentionally I think, and he obviously isn't going away so I will again try to ignore such boorish behaviour.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 pm

rickeap wrote:There is only one main culprit who causes angst on this board, sometimes intentionally ...

When will you stop?

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rickeap wrote:There is only one main culprit who causes angst on this board, sometimes intentionally ...

When will you stop?

I don't think he can see you.