Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Last album you listened to.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:26 am

Saw him at the O2 last week. Brilliant show, very slick and Darius Rucker supporting. I believe you Americans had Blake Shelton. Now that would have just made me the happiest bunny!

Geoff
Last edited by tupelo_boy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:06 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Good Time Charlie wrote:Over the past 24 hours I've listened to...

The Very Best of the Drifters - The Drifters (3 times!)
How Great Thou Art "Complete Masters" - Elvis Presley (twice)
His Hand In Mine "Complete Masters" - Elvis Presley (twice)
Pot Luck "FTD" - Elvis Presley
Pussy Cats - Harry Nilsson
A Little Touch of Schmilsson In the Night - Harry Nilsson
Back to Black - Amy Winehouse

LOL Did you get any sleep GTC ?

Haha I just have music playing a lot at home. If I'm not watching the TV then whatever else I'm doing, there's usually music on in the backgound.

Sometimes I go on a bit of an Elvis kick aswell and sit there for hours just listening to that man's wonderful voice.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head'.
Superb album from a great band. :smt004

Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:40 pm

The lady still has a fine set of pipes....

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:44 am

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 am

phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 am

phpBB [video]

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:45 am

Lindsey Buckingham's latest, Seeds We Sow.

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:26 am

New Chilis album - lacking a little funk, but no doubt it'll be a grower.

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:33 am

This one has been out of print for years,it was a joy to finally get a CD release.

norrie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:43 am

norrie wrote:This one has been out of print for years,it was a joy to finally get a CD release.

norrie

Wow Norrie

Jerry Jeff Walker is one of my all time hero's!

The author of Mr Bojangles! Classic.

Consider my hat tipped!

Geoff

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:34 am

Dutch Import The Carpenters 3CD The Ultimate Collection (All original mixed versions. Not the tampered ones by Richard) :D :D :D
Here is the story behind it: http://www.grantguerrero.com/carpenters ... dutch.html

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:17 pm

The wonderful Nanci Griffith

phpBB [video]

Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:40 am

tupelo_boy wrote:
norrie wrote:This one has been out of print for years,it was a joy to finally get a CD release.

norrie

Wow Norrie

Jerry Jeff Walker is one of my all time hero's!

The author of Mr Bojangles! Classic.

Consider my hat tipped!

Geoff

Cheers Geoff,yes Jerry Jeff is one of my favourites.I first came across him when BBC2 had a country night and they showed him in live in Luckenbach.I had never heard of him but I loved the songs,the band and if I ever there was a show (non Elvis that is) I wish I could transport myself to,that would be it.
I did see him in Glasgow in 2000 when he did a solo accoustic set and he was great,he just oozes charisma,charm and wit and he certainly gives the impression that he has lived it up a little.Viva Luckenbach.

norrie

Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:52 am

I picked up some bits and pieces in Berlin last week, so have been wading through those since I got home yesterday - mostly the Ella Fitzgerald In Japan release, which was scheduled from a 1964 release and finally came out earlier this year! She's on fine form in the two sets, and features yet another group of songs not released in a live setting before - her live repertoire was seemingly endless.

When I came home yesterday, a copy of the America FTD was on my doormat after i found it on amazon.co.uk for a mere £3.99 brand new! Having now played it, I know why it was £3.99 brand new!

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm

Got some country music in my collection but not a lot. Thought I'd broaden my horizons so bought a few old school country songs and albums. Listening to George Jones this morning on my way to work and heard for the first time 'he stopped loving her today'. Listening to the first couple of verses following the story then the chorus came up. F*** me I was shocked. What a great but so so depressing song. It took me a few minutes to get out of the sombre mood after listening to that. Then had to listen a few more times. The power of music eh!!

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 am

Johnny 99 wrote:Got some country music in my collection but not a lot. Thought I'd broaden my horizons so bought a few old school country songs and albums. Listening to George Jones this morning on my way to work and heard for the first time 'he stopped loving her today'. Listening to the first couple of verses following the story then the chorus came up. F*** me I was shocked. What a great but so so depressing song. It took me a few minutes to get out of the sombre mood after listening to that. Then had to listen a few more times. The power of music eh!!

I've been playing your namesake today: Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash - another one of those albums which falls under the radar unless you're a Cash fan, but remarkably good.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 am

Jimi Hendrix - Burning Desire

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:43 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Johnny 99 wrote:Got some country music in my collection but not a lot. Thought I'd broaden my horizons so bought a few old school country songs and albums. Listening to George Jones this morning on my way to work and heard for the first time 'he stopped loving her today'. Listening to the first couple of verses following the story then the chorus came up. F*** me I was shocked. What a great but so so depressing song. It took me a few minutes to get out of the sombre mood after listening to that. Then had to listen a few more times. The power of music eh!!

I've been playing your namesake today: Johnny 99 by Johnny Cash - another one of those albums which falls under the radar unless you're a Cash fan, but remarkably good.

Not heard the album. Thanks will deffo look out for.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:22 am

Mr Mike who is that in your avatar? Fiona Apple?

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Montrose - Montrose

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:42 am

I've been ill and off work recently and this is what I've listened to over the past 24 hours or so as I've sat at home recovering:

Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Harry Nilsson - Pussy Cats
CCR - Mardi Gras
Elvis Presley - Essential Elvis Vol. 2: Stereo '57

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:56 am

Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Strictly Elvis weekend...

next... From Nashville To Memphis- Essential 60's Masters
Last edited by EPA4368 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:38 pm

Vanilla Fudge - Near The Beginning