Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:48 am

rickeap wrote:If a second Amen was edited from the CD I'd like to know why.

Agreed. Had FTD had this policy in place before, perhaps the second Let Me Be There could have been edited out of "I Found My Thrill."

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 am

ekenee wrote:If I am not buying lately, I know others aren't as well.

Have you bought any of these titles from the past 24 months or so:

Elvis sings Guitar Man
Live in Vegas
Jailhouse Rock vol. 2
Chicago Stadium
As Recorded At Boston Garden '71
Elvis (Fool)
King Creole - The Music
How Great Thou Art
Showtime!
High Sierra
Now
Good Times
Jailhouse Rock
The Wonder of You

I suppose that they are all travesties since these represent most of the so-called "recent releases" you claim have bad issues with.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:02 am

Matthew wrote:

Elvis sings Guitar Man
Live in Vegas
Jailhouse Rock vol. 2
Chicago Stadium
Elvis (Fool)
King Creole - The Music
How Great Thou Art
Showtime!
High Sierra
Now
Good Times
Jailhouse Rock
The Wonder of You

I suppose that they are all travesties since these represent most of the so-called "recent releases" you claim have bad issues with.

Yes, I bought about half of those.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:10 am

ekenee wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Elvis sings Guitar Man
Live in Vegas
Jailhouse Rock vol. 2
Chicago Stadium
Elvis (Fool)
King Creole - The Music
How Great Thou Art
Showtime!
High Sierra
Now
Good Times
Jailhouse Rock
The Wonder of You

And they all had problems, right?

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:38 am

To so ferociously attack FTD because of "Amen" on this show, or omitting a short false start of Help Me on the Memphis CD, just amazes me. To be fair, I would prefer no edits but to not buy these shows for these reasons just strikes me as hyper-sensitivity.

To each his own.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:02 am

midnightx wrote:
ekenee wrote:
Matthew wrote:

Elvis sings Guitar Man
Live in Vegas
Jailhouse Rock vol. 2
Chicago Stadium
Elvis (Fool)
King Creole - The Music
How Great Thou Art
Showtime!
High Sierra
Now
Good Times
Jailhouse Rock
The Wonder of You

And they all had problems, right?

Not the ones that I bought no. I have been very carefull lately to buy only the ones
with no noted major issues. I read reviews in ELvis man and his music and
read posts by NON-bias fans that post accurate comments about the releases.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:05 am

stevelecher wrote:To so ferociously attack FTD because of "Amen" on this show, or omitting a short false start of Help Me on the Memphis CD, just amazes me. To be fair, I would prefer no edits but to not buy these shows for these reasons just strikes me as hyper-sensitivity.

To each his own.

Dude, slow down. That missing "amen" is only part of the problem.

That is a 2 disc set expensive book set in which the book is heavy and will cost a fortune to ship.

The disc apparently is tampered with.

But the book has recieved scathing reviews.

I will pass.

This was one set I was looking forward to and was going to purchase, but not now.

Another lost sale brought on by poor product.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:24 pm

There have been many other posts, including mine, that says this is a very good purchase. Shop Elvis is shipping more and more often with free shipping so take advantage. The two concerts are fine, IMO, and the whole package costs the equivalent of three FTD's. Very good value. Yes, it should have been proof-read, but so should 75% of the posts on these pages.

It's a far better value than some re-issue of a concert we already have.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:50 pm

stevelecher wrote:There have been many other posts, including mine, that says this is a very good purchase. Shop Elvis is shipping more and more often with free shipping so take advantage. The two concerts are fine, IMO, and the whole package costs the equivalent of three FTD's. Very good value. Yes, it should have been proof-read, but so should 75% of the posts on these pages.

Yes, the book should hold higher standards than people posting in a hurry on a messageboard.

Do the complaints I have read have valids points? Yes, they do.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:53 pm

And my perspective, as the owner of this set, has merit. Don't buy it otherwise. There are plenty of AR's for you to buy yet.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:47 pm

stevelecher wrote:There have been many other posts, including mine, that says this is a very good purchase. Shop Elvis is shipping more and more often with free shipping so take advantage. The two concerts are fine, IMO, and the whole package costs the equivalent of three FTD's. Very good value. Yes, it should have been proof-read, but so should 75% of the posts on these pages.

Free shipping applies only to USA buyers. So it does not apply to everyone. Only people who live in the US. But regardless of shipping, this is still a good value. However, FTD should be announcing all the edits that they make, especially when it comes to concert tapes. We should not have to wait and play detectives.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:56 pm

In a perfect world there should be no edits. I agree. For the life of me I can't understand the one on this Omaha show. However, I think this FTD CD is worthwhile and I can live with "Amen" moved to its usual place in the show. I usually fast forward through Amen anyway.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 pm

stevelecher wrote:In a perfect world there should be no edits. I agree. For the life of me I can't understand the one on this Omaha show. However, I think this FTD CD is worthwhile and I can live with "Amen" moved to its usual place in the show. I usually fast forward through Amen anyway.

Even if "Amen" had originally been performed after "I Got A Woman" (as FTD are leading us to believe), it wouldn't really have been its usual place in the show, would it?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 am

GregCieslik wrote:
buddy holly wrote:
Matthew wrote:More than 50 FTD titles do not have "major issues" pertaining to production quality. Much of what you have cited as "serious issues" or "major issues" are no more than differences of opinion regarding artistic decisions for the presentation of the material.

What about the foggy FTD's? Have you checked your copy of Loving You or I Found My Thrill recently? Maybe that's why an upgrade is considered :twisted:

You have to be kidding me. So now because FTD failed to produce top quality CD, and it is becoming unuseable, .....

Is that so? Other users have that problem with their ftd becoming foggy and therefore unplayable sometime?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:I thought it was originally stated by FTD / Ernst that FTD releases will be limited: "Once they are gone, they are gone..."

That was the intention 12 years ago. However, since that time the parent company has changed (BMG to Sony) and so has FTD's priorities.

For example, the standard Presley catalog has been pared down, and Ernst realized that FTD could be a place where some of the "lost" catalog items could live: thus, the "deluxe" album series. In addition, more than a few of the titles have exceeded expectations, and so more copies are being made to satisfy the fans.

Finally, it should be appreciated, not condemned, that when FTD uncovers a superior tape source (such as the Girl Happy album masters) they repress their release with the upgraded source. They do they best they can with what they have to work with at any given time.

I fully support your opinion. And by the way, everybody is free to buy or not.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:10 am

You two realize this thread is two years old? Who are you talking to? :facep:

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 am

To anbody who is listening too and responding....like you..or is everybody dead?

Your point is?

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:21 am

matilda wrote:To anbody who is listening too and responding....like you..or is everybody dead?

Your point is?

Everyone's dead... and it's a little silly reponding to someone who rarely visits this forum... and two years after that fact... but whatever floats your boat, Jack.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:26 am

My question was directed at anybody ....not just to the person i quoted.....

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

elvisalisellers wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:Currently we are (thinking of) reprinting about 11 titles, so we have 11 discussions....

Hopefully this will include upgrades of Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis, Viva Las Vegas and Today.

We may even get an improved Stage Rehearsal edit....

And Fun In Acapulco!. Look at my avatar :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:12 pm

In what way will they 'upgrade' the Memphis 74 show? By adding the 20 seconds or so of the "Help me" false start?! Removing the added reverb 'swimming bath' effects? Or maybe by re-releasing this show again with a soundboard from another Memphis concert?

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 am

Tony.. wrote:In what way will they 'upgrade' the Memphis 74 show? By adding the 20 seconds or so of the "Help me" false start?! Removing the added reverb 'swimming bath' effects? Or maybe by re-releasing this show again with a soundboard from another Memphis concert?

Who says they "will?" A fantasy by the 70s' fanboys is that the "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" and "Today" FTD editions get upgrades.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:53 am

midnightx wrote:
Tony.. wrote:In what way will they 'upgrade' the Memphis 74 show? By adding the 20 seconds or so of the "Help me" false start?! Removing the added reverb 'swimming bath' effects? Or maybe by re-releasing this show again with a soundboard from another Memphis concert?

Who says they "will?" A fantasy by the 70s' fanboys is that the "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" and "Today" FTD editions get upgrades.

Who knows? I prayed that my favorite soundtrack of all time, "Girl Happy" would get an upgrade and my prayers were answered.

By the way, stop calling us fanboys, it is disrespectful.

This is your last warning fagboy.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 am

ekenee wrote:This is your last warning fagboy.

Why, what are you going to do about it, make a homosexual slur? Oh, wait.... Nothing ever changes, the uptight crazies go on vile tangents the moment one doesn't fawn over the 70's.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 am

midnightx wrote:
ekenee wrote:This is your last warning fagboy.

Why, what are you going to do about it, make a homosexual slur? Oh, wait.... Nothing ever changes, the uptight crazies go on vile tangents the moment one doesn't fawn over the 70's.

Oh wait, midnightx calls us fanboys so he can show off for his boyfriend. Nothing ever changes does it?

I don't care if someone fawns over the 70's. Deal with it, don't come at us with name calling....ie. fanboy slur.

There is nothing more vile than the fanboy title. Stop it. There is nothing more crazy than some gay troll saying Elvis laid an egg in jan. 1973.

If you can't disagree without using the fanboy slur,then I guess I will resort to a few creative slurs of my own.

No one here likes it. Nor do they like the constant attacks on Elvis.

If Elvis was alive today, how long do you think you could get away with that behavior?