Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:40 am

buddy holly wrote:
Matthew wrote:More than 50 FTD titles do not have "major issues" pertaining to production quality. Much of what you have cited as "serious issues" or "major issues" are no more than differences of opinion regarding artistic decisions for the presentation of the material.

What about the foggy FTD's? Have you checked your copy of Loving You or I Found My Thrill recently? Maybe that's why an upgrade is considered :twisted:


You have to be kidding me. So now because FTD failed to produce top quality CD, and it is becoming unuseable, they should repressit and sell it again. Think about what you are saying. That should be called "replacing free of charge" not upgrading.

If this was a normal retail operation dependent on average consumers / buyers, they would be out of business in a blink of an eye. Where is quality control and how do they stand behind their product? Answer this.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
L Ray wrote:The last few years FTD has been at its very best. Guitar Man, both Jailhouse Rocks, Blue Hawaii, How Great Thou Art, Elvis Country, Elvis Sings Memphis TN. these and others are simply A+ outstanding CDs. Elvis fans have things better now than they have ever had since Elvis died. I am eagerly await GI Blues. Simply put, FTD and ELVIS ROCK.

Thank you.



No problem.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 am

No one is forcing you to buy the newer editions. If you are happy with your FTDs, keep them as is. I think it is highly commendable that Ernst and co. continue to do their best to put out the highest quality product, especially when new tapes become available, even though they have to listen to people jump down their throats. Some people just like to b-i-t-c-h and moan.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:40 am

GregCieslik wrote:
buddy holly wrote:
Matthew wrote:More than 50 FTD titles do not have "major issues" pertaining to production quality. Much of what you have cited as "serious issues" or "major issues" are no more than differences of opinion regarding artistic decisions for the presentation of the material.

What about the foggy FTD's? Have you checked your copy of Loving You or I Found My Thrill recently? Maybe that's why an upgrade is considered :twisted:


You have to be kidding me. So now because FTD failed to produce top quality CD, and it is becoming unuseable, they should repressit and sell it again. Think about what you are saying. That should be called "replacing free of charge" not upgrading.

If this was a normal retail operation dependent on average consumers / buyers, they would be out of business in a blink of an eye. Where is quality control and how do they stand behind their product? Answer this.

Totally agree, to me the foggy Cd's are a major issue having nothing to do with "artistic decisions". The sentence about the upgrade was tongue in cheeck, hence the twisted evil smiley.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:52 am

buddy holly wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:
buddy holly wrote:
Matthew wrote:More than 50 FTD titles do not have "major issues" pertaining to production quality. Much of what you have cited as "serious issues" or "major issues" are no more than differences of opinion regarding artistic decisions for the presentation of the material.

What about the foggy FTD's? Have you checked your copy of Loving You or I Found My Thrill recently? Maybe that's why an upgrade is considered :twisted:


You have to be kidding me. So now because FTD failed to produce top quality CD, and it is becoming unuseable, they should repressit and sell it again. Think about what you are saying. That should be called "replacing free of charge" not upgrading.

If this was a normal retail operation dependent on average consumers / buyers, they would be out of business in a blink of an eye. Where is quality control and how do they stand behind their product? Answer this.

Totally agree, to me the foggy Cd's are a major issue having nothing to do with "artistic decisions". The sentence about the upgrade was tongue in cheeck, hence the twisted evil smiley.

I agree that any "unplayable" or "degrading" should be replaced. I am horrified to think that my FTD collection is rotting and I paid so much for it. I did get your tongue in cheek response "Buddy Holly".

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:03 pm

So now we can add Omaha 74 CD to the list of FTD with major problems. FTD chose to resequence concert tracklisting. Why would you ever want to do this. It would have been very intersting to leave "Amen" after "Love Me" as that's how it was performed. It was very unusual so why change it and tag it to the end of "I Got A Woman". This makes no sense whatsoever.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:21 pm

GregCieslik wrote:So now we can add Omaha 74 CD to the list of FTD with major problems. FTD chose to resequence concert tracklisting. Why would you ever want to do this. It would have been very intersting to leave "Amen" after "Love Me" as that's how it was performed. It was very unusual so why change it and tag it to the end of "I Got A Woman". This makes no sense whatsoever.


I can't comment on this since I don't have the cd but I do have the audience recording.

But, if what you say is true, Ernst needs to think about retiring and passing it to someone else.

This ruins the uniqueness of this show.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:38 pm

GregCieslik wrote:So now we can add Omaha 74 CD to the list of FTD with major problems. FTD chose to resequence concert tracklisting. Why would you ever want to do this. It would have been very intersting to leave "Amen" after "Love Me" as that's how it was performed. It was very unusual so why change it and tag it to the end of "I Got A Woman". This makes no sense whatsoever.

ekenee wrote:I can't comment on this since I don't have the cd but I do have the audience recording.

But, if what you say is true, Ernst needs to think about retiring and passing it to someone else.

This ruins the uniqueness of this show.

Here's a thought.

Why don't you two either:

(a) Get a room
(b) Find another artist with a fan-only label that has released 100+ CDs

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:47 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:So now we can add Omaha 74 CD to the list of FTD with major problems. FTD chose to resequence concert tracklisting. Why would you ever want to do this. It would have been very intersting to leave "Amen" after "Love Me" as that's how it was performed. It was very unusual so why change it and tag it to the end of "I Got A Woman". This makes no sense whatsoever.

ekenee wrote:I can't comment on this since I don't have the cd but I do have the audience recording.

But, if what you say is true, Ernst needs to think about retiring and passing it to someone else.

This ruins the uniqueness of this show.

Here's a thought.

Why don't you two either:

(a) Get a room
(b) Find another artist with a fan-only label that has released 100+ CDs


Here is a thought for you:
If you can't add anything worth reading, stop typing.
If you can't take a negative comment, stop reading and responding.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:13 am

Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:28 am

Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Did the bad edits on "Stage rehearsals" turn out to be rumors?

Note my comment was made "if" the rumor was true.

I made sure I worded it that way.

But if true, this is another one I won't buy.

Too much tamperin' for me to be involved in.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:44 am

ekenee wrote:Did the bad edits on "Stage rehearsals" turn out to be rumors?

What has the quality of work on an unrelated release have to do with anything regarding the Omaha show? Try to make sense man, for once.

If I were directly responding to your earlier post I would have quoted you.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:06 am

Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Check the post regarding video of the Omaha 74 show. You can see what actualy happened and why Elvis performed "Amen" after "Love Me".

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:10 am

GregCieslik wrote:
Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Check the post regarding video of the Omaha 74 show. You can see what actualy happened and why Elvis performed "Amen" after "Love Me".

I need more than a fan-made YouTube video to convince me that FTD has deliberately re-ordered the track sequence of a concert. They may have done, but I've yet to read anything that proves it.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:07 am

Will need more proof before condeming this release...hope this was kept in the correct order, but has anyone proven it is not?

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Matthew wrote:
ekenee wrote:Did the bad edits on "Stage rehearsals" turn out to be rumors?

What has the quality of work on an unrelated release have to do with anything regarding the Omaha show? Try to make sense man, for once.

If I were directly responding to your earlier post I would have quoted you.


If you aren't smart of enough to connect the dots, what is the point?

Hint: The last few FTD's have something in common.

The tapes are being tampered with.

If this continues, I will be saving a heck of lot of money.

I will wait for the upgrade which should come in about a year or two.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Matthew wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:
Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Check the post regarding video of the Omaha 74 show. You can see what actualy happened and why Elvis performed "Amen" after "Love Me".

I need more than a fan-made YouTube video to convince me that FTD has deliberately re-ordered the track sequence of a concert. They may have done, but I've yet to read anything that proves it.


Is this comment for real?

The evidence is all there.

1. The audience recording of the Omaha '74 show - "Amen" is sung twice:
a. first segued with "I Got A Woman"
b. then after "Love Me"

2. The video footage of the concert (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64216):
a. you get to see Elvis performing "Amen" twice
b. you can actually see his lips move to the lyrics of "Amen" both times
+ the dialog and the body movement match the footage too

3. The FTD Omaha '74 CD:
a. "Amen" is there twice (first segued with "I Got A Woman" and then right after it)
b. you can clearly hear there's an edit where the second "Amen" was supposed to be

What more evidence do you need, Matthew?

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:57 pm

hm80ep wrote:Is this comment for real?

Yes, no need to be rude about it.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Matthew wrote:
hm80ep wrote:Is this comment for real?

Yes, no need to be rude about it.


I wasn't being rude or at least didn't mean to have been.

Anyway, if you're still not convinced then there's probably nothing one can do about it. Enjoy the FTD version of the show the way it is, I'll just enjoy it... a little less than I hoped I would.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:37 pm

hm80ep wrote:
Matthew wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:
Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Check the post regarding video of the Omaha 74 show. You can see what actualy happened and why Elvis performed "Amen" after "Love Me".

I need more than a fan-made YouTube video to convince me that FTD has deliberately re-ordered the track sequence of a concert. They may have done, but I've yet to read anything that proves it.


Is this comment for real?

The evidence is all there.

1. The audience recording of the Omaha '74 show - "Amen" is sung twice:
a. first segued with "I Got A Woman"
b. then after "Love Me"

2. The video footage of the concert (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64216):
a. you get to see Elvis performing "Amen" twice
b. you can actually see his lips move to the lyrics of "Amen" both times
+ the dialog and the body movement match the footage too

3. The FTD Omaha '74 CD:
a. "Amen" is there twice (first segued with "I Got A Woman" and then right after it)
b. you can clearly hear there's an edit where the second "Amen" was supposed to be

What more evidence do you need, Matthew?

Amen.
He is a bit thick. He will probably require a time machine to take him back to the concert and then
back again to the future to check out the FTD because he forgot.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:32 am

I find it hard to believe that anyone truly cares that a potential second rendition of "Amen" is missing. If only the "dive-bomb" could have also been edited out....

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 am

hm80ep wrote:Anyway, if you're still not convinced then there's probably nothing one can do about it. Enjoy the FTD version of the show the way it is, I'll just enjoy it... a little less than I hoped I would.

When/if I get the release I will give enjoyment of it my best shot. I appreciate you laying down the evidence for an edit, that was all I was seeking. I still would require an official perspective on it though as things, as previously has occured, are not always what they seem.

ekenee wrote:He is a bit thick.

You ought to tidy up your extensive posting history before casting out slurs like this. Pot meet kettle.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 am

hm80ep wrote:
Matthew wrote:
GregCieslik wrote:
Matthew wrote:Has anyone produced any bonafide proof that the show has been tampered with in this way - or is this just Chinese whispers based on an erroneous assumption?


Check the post regarding video of the Omaha 74 show. You can see what actualy happened and why Elvis performed "Amen" after "Love Me".

I need more than a fan-made YouTube video to convince me that FTD has deliberately re-ordered the track sequence of a concert. They may have done, but I've yet to read anything that proves it.


Is this comment for real?

The evidence is all there.

1. The audience recording of the Omaha '74 show - "Amen" is sung twice:
a. first segued with "I Got A Woman"
b. then after "Love Me"

2. The video footage of the concert (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64216):
a. you get to see Elvis performing "Amen" twice
b. you can actually see his lips move to the lyrics of "Amen" both times
+ the dialog and the body movement match the footage too

3. The FTD Omaha '74 CD:
a. "Amen" is there twice (first segued with "I Got A Woman" and then right after it)
b. you can clearly hear there's an edit where the second "Amen" was supposed to be

What more evidence do you need, Matthew?


Exactly correct that is Exactly how and why we know the 'edit' was indeed made!~ :evil:

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:13 am

midnightx wrote:I find it hard to believe that anyone truly cares that a potential second rendition of "Amen" is missing. If only the "dive-bomb" could have also been edited out....


Not a tragedy right? It's a unique situation unlike the dive bomb routine.

But even so, Jd. did the divebomb routine in every show in the last couple of years, so I want it

in there for histories sake.

You miss the point, and that is the point-(less) editing pattern that keeps hampering these FTD's.

This kind of needless tampering is losing revenue for the company. I gaurentee it.

If I am not buying lately, I know others aren't as well.

Re: FTD Reprints - Ernst Comments

Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:44 am

If a second Amen was edited from the CD I'd like to know why.
It seems like a stupid thing to do. Surely having a song in an unusual place would have given the concert some selling point.