Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: how much elvis stuff do you need to be a fan -collector

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Actually so far this year i have not bought ANY CD's - Elvis or otherwise. Was pretty close once but was informed that the shop here in Australia that stocks the ftd's stuff has closed.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm

:smt023

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks i said i would have her back as an avatar. Caroline won a tourney today in New Haven. Her fourth New Haven in a row. Have never seen a woman with a more attractive smile, have you ? I want her to take out the US Open next week. Want her Want Her Waaaaaaaaaant Her :mrgreen:

Getting back to the topic now, David informed me that the legendary Hound Dogs Bop shop in Melbourne, Australia will be making a comeback as a mail order business. That's where i get the Elvis stuff from.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Robt wrote:Have never seen a woman with a more attractive smile, have you ?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:44 pm

OK point taken. What year was that pic taken? Also is there any way i can get a message to her regarding possibly doing "In Dreams" for her next recording session ? :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Robt wrote:OK point taken. What year was that pic taken? Also is there any way i can get a message to her regarding possibly doing "In Dreams" for her next recording session ? :mrgreen:

It was taken in the summer of 1970 - here are a few others from the same time viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63314.

You could try emailing the official site http://agnetha.net/ - let me know if you get any response ! :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks but I think i did already 2-3 months ago.
I put a message on you tube and some guy in america that agreed with me replied and said he would pass on my request to her and had also gave me the website details. I have started plugging away again thru you tube :smt003

Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:23 am

lvs4evr wrote:Many have said that ELVIS PRESLEY is no longer collectible

Who said that? Who is "many"?

Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 pm

chevyford wrote:
lvs4evr wrote:Many have said that ELVIS PRESLEY is no longer collectible

Who said that? Who is "many"?

Many of people :D As from the great philosophical monologue in College Park 1974 :wink:

Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:58 pm

I appreciated the comments about the effects of one's wife and family on one's Elvis obsession.

It seems to me that collecting tickles a nostalgia bone in our brain , satisfying some long ago emotions of coming home with an Elvis 45 rpm from the record store, etc.

But with finances, I have at times had to pull back and ask "is this just all about me? or could I be doing more for my family ? So I try to keep a balance. I say indulge enough to keep your sanity but avoid the "Must-have" feeling unless you have no one to answer to!

I often refer to "hard-core" fans here, meaning "serious fans" who want to delve deeper into his alternates, live shows, official and otherwise.

That said, my late mother (an original '50s fan) and then older brothers, introduced me to Elvis (2 of the 3 are gone) and came nowhere near as intense as I later became, happy with most of the RCA product and then not even all of it.

But I'd never say they were any less of an Elvis fan . Their own enthusiasm was that contagious. In that light, it's never about what you "own."

Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:You need at least 700 LPs, 500 CDs, 250 DVDs, 100 magazines, 65 posters, and two books.

I would argue that you need nothing to be a fan and nothing but memories to be a collector.

bpd

Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:21 am

You can't place an amount on being a fan and there is no set number in order to be considered a collector. That's unless you think you're better than everyone else or you're trying to "keep up with the Jones'" so to speak.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:42 am

out of my head i got 6 elvis books, all his movies, (including thats the way it is and on tour), about 30 cd's 80 vinyl albums (Including Greatest hits by Readers Digest with Stereo Versions, And the Elvis Aron Presley box), and 2 longboxes (Live In Las Vegas, new version of essential 60's masters), 100 pictures on photo paper, about 30 magazines (including some old It's elvis time mags from the 80's in mint condition), hmm a 2 or 3 elvis mirrors, 1 framed vinyl limited edition of Don't Cry daddy/My Little Friend. 2 or 3 posters, i got a lifesize elvis carbon print on my door. and the rest i dont know.. might need to make pictures of them to show.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:44 am

Elvisfan10 wrote:You can't place an amount on being a fan and there is no set number in order to be considered a collector. That's unless you think you're better than everyone else or you're trying to "keep up with the Jones'" so to speak.

i vote this as post of the day ::rocks

Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:You need at least 700 LPs, 500 CDs, 250 DVDs, 100 magazines, 65 posters, and two books.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I still lack 3 LPs and 5 CDs to be considered a true fan.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 am

Hey... how many of you are 'Men' here that collects and how many ladies here? Just wonderin'

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:24 am

What about those of us who have been both?

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:38 pm

Tim C wrote:What makes you a fan is that you believe you are one, no one else has a right to say you are not one. It's not about the collection, it's about what's in your heart.

THIS

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Robt wrote:Have never seen a woman with a more attractive smile, have you ?

Is cool for me!!!!