Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rainfall suit

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 am

Re: Rainfall suit

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:35 am

another nice pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks Chet

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 am

Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:14 am

eligain wrote:Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.
And you must be the next top model? :roll: Elvis was performing, his hair got messy and sweaty just like everyone else that performs, unless you expect the people back then to have stiff perfect hair that's more like concrete like today's performers. Oh no, his hair moved and he's dripping sweat! Can't you just feel the chaos ensuing? :|

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 am

Elvisfan10 wrote:
eligain wrote:Elvis looks completely awful in these pictures. Besides his weight, his hair is uncombed and dirty looking and of course he is unhealthy looking. He's a mess.
And you must be the next top model? :roll: Elvis was performing, his hair got messy and sweaty just like everyone else that performs, unless you expect the people back then to have stiff perfect hair that's more like concrete like today's performers. Oh no, his hair moved and he's dripping sweat! Can't you just feel the chaos ensuing? :|

Another blind fan. I'm not talking about his hair getting messy during the performance, I'm talking about him walking out on stage with uncombed dirty, greasy hair. Look at pictures 3,4,5,7 and 8. Except for the CBS special, in 76 and all of 77, Elvis's hair was uncombed and usually greasy looking from the beginning of each show. For some reason he quit caring how he looked and quit combing his hair. From 69 to 76, Elvis's hair was usually impeccable and through the rest of 76 and all of 77, his hair was a mess. Then add on top of that his horrible physical condition and wearing suits that accentuated that physical condition instead of complimenting it and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry but as a long time Elvis fan (since 1972), there is nothing flattering about these pictures. He was a mess.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:07 am

Anyone got a date for these pictures? It is true Elvis looks awfully unhealthy.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:29 am

Alexander wrote:Anyone got a date for these pictures?

February 16 1977 Garrett Coliseum, Montgomery AL

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:30 pm

eligain wrote:
Elvisfan10 wrote:

Another blind fan. I'm not talking about his hair getting messy during the performance, I'm talking about him walking out on stage with uncombed dirty, greasy hair. Look at pictures 3,4,5,7 and 8. Except for the CBS special, in 76 and all of 77, Elvis's hair was uncombed and usually greasy looking from the beginning of each show. For some reason he quit caring how he looked and quit combing his hair. From 69 to 76, Elvis's hair was usually impeccable and through the rest of 76 and all of 77, his hair was a mess. Then add on top of that his horrible physical condition and wearing suits that accentuated that physical condition instead of complimenting it and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry but as a long time Elvis fan (since 1972), there is nothing flattering about these pictures. He was a mess.

Pictures of 76-77 period makes me pain... :cry:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 am

I dont agree, he still looks good compared to 1977 when he totaly was ruined both physical and psychological.
RIP
Elvis

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:34 am

For_Elvis wrote:

I dont agree, he still looks good compared to 1977 when he totaly was ruined both physical and psychological.
RIP
Elvis

This is 1977. February 16 1977 Garrett Coliseum, Montgomery AL.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:23 am

eligain wrote:
For_Elvis wrote:

RIP
Elvis

Ok my bad, but he looks good here.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:18 am

For_Elvis wrote:
eligain wrote:
For_Elvis wrote:

RIP
Elvis

Ok my bad, but he looks good here.

You think he looks good here? WOW! This was probably his worst looking period ever. From the start of the first night of his first 1977 tour in Hollywood Florida on Feb. 12, 1977 to Feb. 21, 1977, He was a complete mess. He sort of pulled himself together for the March tour but not much.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Some of the baddest pics I've ever seen - he looks like he sausage in his at the time to small jumpsuit......

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:23 am

The suit is currently on display at Graceland. Ironically, it looks great on the mannequin.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 am

elvisjock wrote:The suit is currently on display at Graceland. Ironically, it looks great on the mannequin.

Maybe the mannequin is Aloha-sized.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:26 am

elvisjock wrote:The suit is currently on display at Graceland. Ironically, it looks great on the mannequin.

Oh, It's beautiful suit and it would have looked great on Elvis....... If he weighed 175 lbs.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 am

Anybody remember Troy Gentry wearing this rainfall jacket at an awards show?

http://www.life.com/image/77794737

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm

It is an understated outfit, relative to the other suits made in the jeweled style. Just one color of beads, with lots of plain white. It is closer to the 1971-era suits, rather than '74, just before he went with the embroidered look.

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Of his sparkly suits, it's one of the better ones. He'd have looked loads better with a decent haircut and style :(

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 pm

is the medallion he wearing with kathy photo , is that the medallion that the hilton gave him in 75 or the necklace he wore in 50's, anyone know?

That pic is from Dec 75, so it's likely to be the medallion the hilton gave him.

The photos are ok - some good, some not so good. I don't agree that Elvis hair is looking dirty / uncombed etc - he's choosing to wear it down over his face more, that's all. I think americans call it bangs?

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:10 am

Bangs were in style at the time. Wasn't a good look for Elvis.

There was a popular hair product around that time - a spray called "Dry Look." Men were moving away from the wet hair tonics and starting to use hairspray. Anybody remember the Dry Look commercials?

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Up to 1975 he looks great,on some pics he looks better in 74 then in 71 to 73,end of 75 you can see the changes in his face,,,,i really cant see him in this 76,77 concerts,love him,but in his old glory....

Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Unfortuantely, it's interesting to note that as Elvis got bigger, he exposed more of the belt than was intended. If you look at the buckle, they were designed so the ornamentation would butt up with the buckle. As Elvis' waste expanded, the belt was opened up more to expose just a white belt.

I remember being disappointed with this suit in Pontiac, as it seemed so plain compared to other suits such as the ones worn on the May/June 1975 tour. Maybe plain was better, but in the midst of the '70s, this seemed rather plain.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:23 pm

elvisjock wrote:Bangs were in style at the time. Wasn't a good look for Elvis.

There was a popular hair product around that time - a spray called "Dry Look." Men were moving away from the wet hair tonics and starting to use hairspray. Anybody remember the Dry Look commercials?

Bangs weren't in style in 1977. The mop top look hadn't been in style since like 1966. "The Dry Look" was the new mainstream look for men in the early 70's. Before, most men used hair tonic and styling creams (greasy kid stuff) like Brylcream, Wild Root and Pomade. By 1977 most men had quit using the styling creams for a long time. "The Dry Look" was no longer a new fad.

phpBB [video]

By 77, the mutton chops were out of style and men's hair was getting shorter. Think Saturday Night Fever. Style wise, Elvis was very out of step.