lookin' for pix of Ron D'Ambra???

try the post office wall! LOL

Re: anybody have pics of RON D' AMBRA

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

Who ?
You do not mean Ron Galella, perhaps?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:58 pm

He released "In days gone by" vol. 1 & 2 in the 80's.

colonel snow

Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 am

lvs4evr wrote:I was wondering if anyone had recent photos of super fan RON D' AMBRA he used to run the ALWAYS ELVIS record club in the 70's and 80's .

Nude or clothed?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 am

Why do you want a picture of him?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:51 am

Somehow I see the guy with a nice, 70s handlebar mustache.

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Somehow I see the guy with a nice, 70s handlebar mustache.

Him and Rollie Fingers! :)

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:37 pm

yes, i had a problem with him back in the 1980's. Ordered some stuff from him,(VHS tapes)he told me stories about how rare the stuff was. i ordered it...and never received a thing.
If you see him ask him what happened to my $78 ! LOL
He's the guy that claimed he had a full Elvis concert from Vegas 1975...and it was recorded from a closed-circuit system at the Hilton Hotel. That's one of the things i had ordered (and never got).
Since then, i was told by two other collectors that such a tape existed and their info came from someone other than Senor D'Ambra. But none of these people had actually seen clips from it. So, whether it exists or not is anyone's guess.
Ron D'Ambra should stay in hiding.
P.S. the Vegas 1975 concert featured Elvis in the gypsy jumpsuit. (Ron's direct quote to me).

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:09 am

To Elvis Bot..you know it is slander to address something that isn't true, I bought ton's of Elvis stuff in the 70's/80's from Ron D'Ambra and his record club, including the video you are questioning if it ever existed. I can assure you it did, the show was Elvis in Vegas in 75 wearing the gypsy suit and recorded with sound, furthermore, non of his offerings for Elvis shows were ever $78.00, he was the most affordable Elvis dealer, and quite honest as I remember, if your posting is b/s, you are only fooling yourself, state your name and I am sure your statements of Ron will be addressed, I still talk to Ron, he is doing quite well for himself and his family, and I simply do not believe your story...and by the way, the reference in this posting about the "post office" is all a lie and a direct attempt by a zealous family member and his daughter that was disowned years ago, they only wish they could have produced the life achievements of Ron and "his" family have achieved in life. He was never in the questionable company of some of the other non reputable dealers of Elvis memorabilia in the 70's and 80's, if you ordered something, you got it, fast, it was accurate as described, and affordable...go post your slander someplace else, Ron's reputation in the Elvis world is honorable, and well respected, someone like yourself or a two time married loser can't and won't tarnish his reputation, btw..Amazon and Ebay is offering his "Days Gone By" record package for $100.00 and more, seems to me the people that really matter respect the contribution he has made to the Elvis fans...these packages were sold for $8.95 and $9.95 respectfully in the 80's, so were was the price gouging or taking advantage of any Elvis fans with those type of prices and material offered..you are simply confused and can not be taken serious, Like Jimmy Velvet, it was Ron and some other well intended Elvis fans that keep the Elvis mystique alive during the early 80's before Graceland Corporate woke up and recognized the true Elvis fans, and what they wanted, these guys contributed to the sucess of Elvis marketing today, without some of these guys and gals, who knows if Elvis' Graceland would be what it is today, not questioning Elvis' talents or staying power, just recognizing these guys keep the memory alive during the "lazy years", there was a few good ones, and alot of bad ones, Ron was a good guy, Deke!

Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:35 am

He took a while, but I got what i ordered from him back then. I've actually had very good luck that way.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 pm

powerflite wrote:To Elvis Bot..you know it is slander to address something that isn't true,

So, you're saying that ElvisBot actually did receive the items?

Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Somehow I see the guy with a nice, 70s handlebar mustache.

I had one of those, almost