Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis in airplane, classic Bonja shot from 1970

Sat May 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Can somebody post there best picture of that magnificent Sept 15th-1970 pic? Thanks in advance!

Re: Elvis in airplane, classic Bonja shot from 1970

Sat May 21, 2011 10:35 pm

Joe, here you go! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Bonja does have the best pics - no discussion for me...... Do you also have some 1972 Tulsa pics..???

Sat May 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Hans wrote:Bonja does have the best pics - no discussion for me...

Are you a friend of Ed Bonja's?

Sat May 21, 2011 11:24 pm

No - I just like his pics......and I have many pics I can tell you......

are you disliking Ed Bonja..??

Sun May 22, 2011 1:15 am

Hans wrote:Bonja does have the best pics - no discussion for me...... Do you also have some 1972 Tulsa pics..???

There are other photographers who have taken far better photos than bonja... i was really disappointed when i bought the "shot by ed bonja" book.. not worth a dime if you ask me!

Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 am

Hans wrote:No - I just like his pics......and I have many pics I can tell you......

I don't know the man. But all evidence indicates that Ed's photography skills were not top-shelf.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:28 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Hans wrote:Bonja does have the best pics - no discussion for me...

Are you a friend of Ed Bonja's?

Are you a friend of Bill?

Sun May 22, 2011 11:46 am

You'd have to be a pretty lousy photographer to take a bad pic of Elvis ... unless you were in Hollywood, Florida in Feb 77 of course. :wink:

Sun May 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Slightly longer than Javier's post. The story goes that Elvis had came out of the bathroom and said something like ' Good job I didn't have my pecker in my hand when you took that shot ' to Ed :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:22 pm

elvisnorway wrote:
Hans wrote:Bonja does have the best pics - no discussion for me...... Do you also have some 1972 Tulsa pics..???

There are other photographers who have taken far better photos than bonja... i was really disappointed when i bought the "shot by ed bonja" book.. not worth a dime if you ask me!

It's a shame the book wasn't any better than the book we have, and also his new book Viva Elvis is dissappointing (I have the japanese book - as far as I know the US version has not been released yet). Seems like he sits on his photo's like a bird on his eggs. But than again, I do have an Elvis Calender from Bonja which holds only good pics. When you disgard the bad pics in Shot By Ed Bonja there are enough great pics left.

I am eagerly awaiting the Praytome book Elvis on Tour 1972, maybe that could be something special, but announced in 2009 or 2010 I doubt if it ever will be published.

And maybe Ed Bonja wasn't the best photographer around - which I can't judge for not being a photgrapher - he had all acces from 1970 untill he stopped photographing Elvis in 1975, so he just has made picture other people simply couldn't make. Just take a look at the 1972 Tulsa pics - those are among the best Elvis in Concert pictures I have ever seen. Same goes for the november 1972 shows - he made some great shots there also.

Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Here it is in better resolution

Sun May 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks guys, just a phenomenal pic of our guy! The sideburns were frickin wicked, but in a sharp way! Just wondering, is this pic hanging in Graceland anywhere?
Last edited by Joe Car on Sun May 22, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Some covers of this great pic ....

Sun May 22, 2011 5:25 pm

elvisnorway wrote:

I sent my copy back as there were several shots out of focus / reversed and repeated. A pity.

Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 pm

rizzy56 wrote:Here it is in better resolution

Looks Great! ::rocks

Sun May 22, 2011 7:20 pm

Joe Car wrote:Thanks guys, just a phenomenal pic of our guy! The sideburns were frickin wicked, but in a sharp way! Just wondering, is this pic hanging in Graceland anywhere?

Dont think its hanging in Graceland but its definately hanging on my living room wall lol

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 am

I love that shot.

I also love the Bonja one where he's lying down onstage: anyone got that one high res?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:13 pm

JaneTLC wrote:I love that shot.

I also love the Bonja one where he's lying down onstage: anyone got that one high res?

do you mean that one from the November 1970 afternoon show in LA?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 pm

From EOT is this a Bonja picture??

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Hans wrote:It's a shame the book wasn't any better than the book we have, and also his new book Viva Elvis is dissappointing (I have the japanese book - as far as I know the US version has not been released yet). Seems like he sits on his photo's like a bird on his eggs. But than again, I do have an Elvis Calender from Bonja which holds only good pics. When you disgard the bad pics in Shot By Ed Bonja there are enough great pics left.

Every once in a while Bonja managed to take great shots. I've seen some crystal clear shots taken in Huntsville 1975 which almost blew me away. :)
He has his own site, and recently added some new shots there, some of which I'd never seen. My main gripe with Bonja is not the quality of his photos but the often grossly inaccurate dating! :)
Here's the link to the new samples he has up. There are 7 pages worth...
Bonja photos

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 pm

maybe its this one?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:28 pm

or this one??
31_oklahoma_city_16-11-1970a1.jpg

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 pm

TCBAlways wrote:or this one??
31_oklahoma_city_16-11-1970a1.jpg

This one :smt007

Thanks!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:21 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Hans wrote:No - I just like his pics......and I have many pics I can tell you......

I don't know the man. But all evidence indicates that Ed's photography skills were not top-shelf.

This is one of the top-shelf pictures for me