Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

Do you listen to CDR audience recordings ?

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:20 pm

I am just curious about your opinions about those and which ones you play and why...for me it has become a hobby and more..I have all of them and I have listend to all of them..the very bad sounding ones..however...I just gave a quick spin.. :lol: ...but still I am thinking we have very good sounding AR`s which fit quite well for release .not only Vegas shows.... :wink:

Re: Do you listen to CDR audience recordings ?

Sun May 01, 2011 3:47 am

Ciscoking wrote:Do you listen to CDR audience recordings ?

A buddy of mine sent me CDRs of the Louisville shows I attended.

I gave those a spin once.

Sun May 01, 2011 6:42 am

Rob wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Do you listen to CDR audience recordings ?

A buddy of mine sent me CDRs of the Louisville shows I attended.

I gave those a spin once.

Too many tears?

Sun May 01, 2011 3:10 pm

I do like many CDR titles, so I'm far away from the number you have - that's for sure. I do like some of the June '74 shows. There are also some relatively good sounding ones from August '74. Even a few from '71 are enjoyable to listen to. Do you have some personal favorites?

Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I have some but it's more fun to listen to when you have a nice booklet with it and if they are silver discs.

Mon May 02, 2011 8:50 am

As i started well behind most fans here so when i started collecting Concert cds money was tight at the time , so the only chance i got was to get CDRS so yes i still have alot but have been replacing them with silver disc when i can, but got along way to go until all of mine are proper copies, but yes i play them alot and enjoy listening to them and as you say Cisco i have very bad ones too which can be hard to listen to but i give all of them a spin.

Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 am

So far I have listen to all I got from 1969 to Jan/Feb '73. I love to listen to them, some of them have really bad sound, so you get a little bit bored when you listen to them, but I decided I would do my own collection of Elvis' shows the way I want them. I retrack them more specific, and do a little with the mixing (lower the screams from audience if that is to loud after a song, reduce some hiss from the tape etc), and I also design new covers for them so each tour or Vegas engagement gets it's own design. An example of a serie title : ELVIS ON TOUR 1971 - SEPTEMBER TOUR. The series have it's own layout with right date, pictures, tracklist with running time for each song. I really enjoy to create this series, and I think it's cool to have my own design on them. I have done the same thing for the 50's recordings with interviews, shows, recording sessions and tributes.

Mon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Fantastic...!!... :smt006

Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 pm

Joern wrote: Do you have some personal favorites?

Monroe, 3.5.1975 AS and ES a.o.... many from the June/July 1973/1974 tours and Vegas March 1975...

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:07 pm

I listen also to AR......It's exciting to get some of the sphere and intensity Elvis created from 1969 - 1977.
Also it holds a lot of history in these sort of recordings.
I especially sit and listen to them carefully.
Make noticions of it and type it into Access.
I hope I can help you in the future with it.

Greetz,

mrsongman

ps. Sorry for my bad English. :(

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Every concert has its own merits and you often make out so many things.....

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm

I sure agree Ciscoking :D

Greetz,

mrsongman

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 pm

mrsongman wrote:Sorry for my bad English. :(

Cheer up, little feller. Your English is fine.

You should try to read some of kevin33333333333333s postings.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Only if it's all there is and it's a show i've been too.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm listening to some of my CD-Rs again now as I'm updating my list and making some notes too.
Listened to all I have once. Made a lot of notes. Took me almost 2 years to get through all of them audience and soundboards.

Now I'm making some updates and listening to some again. There are lot's of interesting moments. Even the sound is really bad sometimes.

I don't think all of them deserve CD pressing. Most of them should be available free as it's study material only.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Mostly I use them when SB of the same show comes along..to see what has been tampered..