Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Sonny West in Hospital

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Get well soon, Delbert!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

Sonny is one tough old dude, Get well soon Sonny!

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Sorry to hear this. Sonny is a good guy.

Elvisfan10
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Elvisfan10 »

Does anyone have a picture of Sonny now? I've seen all of the guys in earlier years, but not from around this point in time.

ian
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by ian »

Elvisfan10 wrote:Does anyone have a picture of Sonny now? I've seen all of the guys in earlier years, but not from around this point in time.
These are 2008 photos-
Premiere of Elvis - Die Show at Estrel Hotel. Berlin, Germany - 13.08.08 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ian"elvis"anderson

ian

Post by ian »

I'm not sure what year this photobucket pic is from?-

Sonny West, Sandy Pichon and Pete "Big Elvis" Vallee
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ian"elvis"anderson

fg76
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Post by fg76 »

My dad used to tell me how he'd wish he could sit down with Red and Sonny West. He thought of them as legends in their own rights.

I hope he gets better soon. Persona non-gratta or not, I'd love to sit down and have a beer with the big guy someday. Love to hear the war stories, and about his opinions on Robert Conrad, who Red co-starred in Ba Ba Black SHeep.

ian

Post by ian »

Here is a pic from April of this year I believe! 8)

An audience of about 15 people took advantage of an intimate visit with the body guard of Elvis Presley last week. Sonny West was in North Branch to share some stories. Photo by Jon Tatting-This is in Minnestoa. 8)

And a bonus pic from year unknown? 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

ian

Post by ian »

fg76 wrote:My dad used to tell me how he'd wish he could sit down with Red and Sonny West. He thought of them as legends in their own rights.

I hope he gets better soon. Persona non-gratta or not, I'd love to sit down and have a beer with the big guy someday. Love to hear the war stories, and about his opinions on Robert Conrad, who Red co-starred in Ba Ba Black SHeep.
Do you think that Robert Conrad ever watches Welcome back Kotter!?

ian"elvis"anderson

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I hope he is well soon. I would love to meet Sonny West.

Bodie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Bodie »

Get well soon, Sonny.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Yes, get well Sonny! :)

dannyboy1
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years

Post by dannyboy1 »

Ian, that Pete Valee guy in your photo needs shooting!

Disgusting and insulting to Elvis.

"The way you looked, the sound of your laughing..."

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

Elvis chose Sonny to be his friend, so I would say he is a very special person.
One of the chosen few...

ian

Post by ian »

dannyboy1 wrote:Ian, that Pete Valee guy in your photo needs shooting!

Disgusting and insulting to Elvis.
8) I thought that you meant another picture that might have been a mobster or something and then I realized it was the impersonator! :lol: Is he just a really bad impersonator or person or both!? He certainly doesn't give Elvis a good image as like so many others if not all!!! I know that there is only one Elvis,so even the so called greatest Elvis tribute artists make me cringe and everything because you just can't replicate ELVIS as he is just too unique and special in every way imaginable and nobody but nobody can be him!!!!! A lot of the tribute artists and impersonators have good voices but none of them can or will ever come close to capturing the magic that is Elvis Aron Presley,and That's the way it Is!!!!!8) :smt006 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

Mike Eder
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Mike Eder »

Glad it's realitively minor. I'm sure he be good in a few weeks.

Mike Eder

Elvisfan10
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Elvisfan10 »

It's crazy how much everyone changed appearance wise when you're always watching videos and looking at pictures of the guys when Elvis was alive.

JaneTLC
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by JaneTLC »

That's ageing for you, dude. Happens to all of us.

Hope he continues to recover well.

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

promiseland wrote:Elvis chose Sonny to be his friend, so I would say he is a very special person.
One of the chosen few...
Then again Elvis ended the friendship.
So he's not that special.

elviscat
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by elviscat »

Sonny West, co-author of the August 1977 gossip book "Elvis What Happened?!" took a fall off his daughter's porch. The circumstances are not clear, but apparently the man broke 3 ribs and also has some cuts, abrasions and bruises. He is in the hospital.

Update from Sandy Pichon (June 26):

When we arrived we were distressed to see him. His color was gray, he had many cuts and abrasions and bruises and his hands, feet and legs were very swollen. His spleen was lacerated and his heart was not functioning normally. He is on oxygen and was in a lot of pain. The dr ordered a CT scan and afterward came in to speak with us. Sonny had blood clots in his lungs (pulmonary emboli) and in his legs. It was urgent that a Vena Cava Filter be put in place to prevent more clots from entering his lungs or his heart. We prayed with him, consent forms were signed and he was taken down. The procedure was performed immediately and his color began to improve. We were able to talk with him more until he asked for more pain meds. He is not out of the woods yet. The dr is unable to put him on blood thinner due to the spleen as a spleen bleed could be fatal, as could the clots. There is a possibility the spleen will have to be removed if it doesn't heal properly. The dr said that the fall actually saved his life as they believe the clots were there before the fall and had he not been brought to the hospital he would have died. Sonny asked me to thank you for your prayers and that you continue to lift him up until he is completely healed. He is anxious to get back to work on his movie Fame and Fortune. He is too sick to receive visitors or take phone calls (please) at this time, but if you would like to send a card to Sonny, you can send it to me at P O Box 161052, Memphis TN 38186. I plan to go back to Nashville soon as I promised Judy I would certainly be there for them when they need me. This is a very difficult time and I ask that you all please continue your prayers. I will update you as his

elviscat

Post by elviscat »

Sonny West, co-author of the August 1977 gossip book "Elvis What Happened?!" took a fall off his daughter's porch. The circumstances are not clear, but apparently the man broke 3 ribs and also has some cuts, abrasions and bruises. He is in the hospital.

When we arrived we were distressed to see him. His color was gray, he had many cuts and abrasions and bruises and his hands, feet and legs were very swollen. His spleen was lacerated and his heart was not functioning normally. He is on oxygen and was in a lot of pain. The dr ordered a CT scan and afterward came in to speak with us. Sonny had blood clots in his lungs (pulmonary emboli) and in his legs. It was urgent that a Vena Cava Filter be put in place to prevent more clots from entering his lungs or his heart. We prayed with him, consent forms were signed and he was taken down. The procedure was performed immediately and his color began to improve. We were able to talk with him more until he asked for more pain meds. He is not out of the woods yet. The dr is unable to put him on blood thinner due to the spleen as a spleen bleed could be fatal, as could the clots. There is a possibility the spleen will have to be removed if it doesn't heal properly. The dr said that the fall actually saved his life as they believe the clots were there before the fall and had he not been brought to the hospital he would have died. Sonny asked me to thank you for your prayers and that you continue to lift him up until he is completely healed. He is anxious to get back to work on his movie Fame and Fortune. He is too sick to receive visitors or take phone calls (please) at this time, but if you would like to send a card to Sonny, you can send it to me at P O Box 161052, Memphis TN 38186. I plan to go back to Nashville soon as I promised Judy I would certainly be there for them when they need me. This is a very difficult time and I ask that you all please continue your prayers. I will update you as his

elviscat

Post by elviscat »

ian

Post by ian »

I hope he makes a full recovery and everything goes well! 8)

ian"elvis"anderson

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Liverbobs »

I always liked Sonny and he was very courteous when we exchanged a couple of e-mails, I wish him a speedy recovery.

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

Bodie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Bodie »

Sonny West is in a critical condition in hospital and its much worse than what he have been told.

This info is from a very reliable source so i would ask all those Sonny haters please don't post anything else on this thread.