Post here your Elvis' pictures

Does any one this in bigger?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:18 am

Looks like a cool page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Does any one this in bigger?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 am

Woah, where'dya find that?

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:05 am

/
Last edited by Terry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm

from which book ?????

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Please tell us Sheila....about the book.... :wink:

Ed

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Sheila posts a review page from an issue of the Sunday Times magazine from about 1992. It was a review of a book called "Rock 'n' Roll Collectables" by a lady who regularly appears on BBC TV's Antiques Roadshow, but whose name escapes me at the moment. I bought the book to get a better copy of the pictures shown on the S Times mag page, and can do a better scan of the original page from the book if anyone would like to post it for me. It was the very first time we had seen that picture of Elvis as a boy with Vernon. I was amazed when I saw it - recognised Vernon first, then realised the boy must be Elvis! The page shown in the book was from a photo album which was up for auction at the time in a London auction house, but as I recall the album didn't sell and was returned to the seller. I have always thought it might have been taken from Vernon's house by someone, perhaps....?? The picture of Elvis and Vernon seems to have been taken at the same time as that other photo of young Elvis that we know, with the huge cold sore by his mouth, and a big smile.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:50 pm

I don't think it was from a book. It was from a newspaper and yes, it was around 1992.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:01 pm

It's from a book called Rock 'n ' Roll Collectables, Sheila. I bought the book. The author is Hillary somebody. I've scanned the original book page and can email to someone if they would like to post it - also the info from the book about the photo album's origin.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:06 pm

chris j wrote:It's from a book called Rock 'n ' Roll Collectables, Sheila. I bought the book. The author is Hillary somebody ( Hilary Kay ). I've scanned the original book page and can email to someone if they would like to post it - also the info from the book about the photo album's origin.

Chris, you should be able to post it yourself as an attachment. If not then email it to me and I'll post it. I thought it looked like some type of ad for an auction. Interesting to note too that the image they have of Hendrix's Monterey Strat is reveresed. Its now owned by EMP in Seattle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JamesVRoy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:07 pm

Last edited by Terry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

James, I've sent you a private message.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

These are from Chris

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Thanks, James!

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:38 pm

This one appears to be the same day as a couple others posted recently near his old lincoln on Alabama St.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 pm

THANK YOU, JAMES!!!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!! LOVE YA! :smt006 :smt007 ::rocks

ALSO TO CHRIS!! THANKS!!! :smt007 :smt007 :smt006

Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:34 pm

So who is in the pic in the top left hand corner? And who are the other unrecogniseable folk?

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:34 am

Does anybody know what has happened to this album now? This is a fantastic part of history.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:49 am

TONY wrote:So who is in the pic in the top left hand corner? And who are the other unrecognizable folk?

That looks like Clettes Smith, Gladys' sister. She married Vernon's brother Vester.

Several of those photos are reversed.

Here's a trio I like, although is Elvis really 13 in that photo with his dad?

Gladys was very pretty when she was in her thirties.

Gladys, Elvis and Vernon Presley
Photo booth images, circa 1948

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote: is Elvis really 13 in that photo with his dad?

It's a brilliant picture, its so difficult to tell as Elvis seldom looks his age, ever, but its not unreasonable that he is indeed 13 here. Love it either way.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 am

my oh my what an upload. LoƧve every single pic of it. :smt007

Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:27 am

Awesome pics gang, thanks!

Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 am

I found this thread just yesterday and I'm wondering: Who are the other people in the "Family Album"?