Post here your Elvis' pictures

Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi again.
Found this one on the net.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:49 pm

I uploaded this years ago. At the time the photo was rarer than rocking horse shhit! Thankyou for uploading!

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Funky.
I Did not know that.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings :oops:

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:10 pm

Dan The Man wrote:Hi Funky. I Did not know that.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings :oops:


Man, don't be silly! You didn't hurt my feelings!

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:26 pm

So, are we dude's :D

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Dan The Man wrote:So, are we dude's :D


Pisssss off :lol:

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:40 pm

C'mon... What did I Do?

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:41 pm

/
Last edited by Terry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:52 pm

:lol: you guys r too funny!! LOL

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Sorry Lady 1967... Hey I was born that year...
Anyhow... The subject is not funny at all :cry:

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 pm

maybe we see footage one day !

Re: Gladys funeral.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:I uploaded this years ago. At the time the photo was rarer than rocking horse shhit!

Wonderful prose!

Re: Gladys funeral.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 am

Here is a shot of EP at his Mom's grave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:50 am

Kingcandids wrote:Here is a shot of EP at his Mom's grave.

Image


This one has been posted before.

There is some debate whether this is 1958 or 1960. Given his hairstyle, I'd say the latter.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Kingcandids wrote:Here is a shot of EP at his Mom's grave.

Image


This one has been posted before.

There is some debate whether this is 1958 or 1960. Given his hairstyle, I'd say the latter.


Were it not for the hair, I'd say it's surely 1958.. It looks like a fresh grave. There's no monument visible.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:10 am

Here's two I found that's His mother in coffin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:03 am

.
Last edited by Terry on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:04 pm

elvisjock wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Kingcandids wrote:Here is a shot of EP at his Mom's grave.

Image


This one has been posted before.

There is some debate whether this is 1958 or 1960. Given his hairstyle, I'd say the latter.


Were it not for the hair, I'd say it's surely 1958.. It looks like a fresh grave. There's no monument visible.


I would guess 1958. I believe that's Junior Smith with him who died in early 61. I don't believe he was around much after Elvis entered the Army


Ok, I see now what you mean about the hair
Image
Was Junior in any of the pix from around the time of the press conference when he got back in 1960?

Re: Gladys funeral.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:37 am

The foliage appears to be in bloom in the cemetery photo. That's one of the factors that makes me think summer.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:06 am

I think this has been posted before but since we are talking about Gladys' grave...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:02 am

Here's a bigger version of the photo which we debated some time ago.
Forrest Hill Cemetary-bripet56.jpg
Back then I was sure the photo was from 1960 but take a look at the floral arrangements in the back of the photo. Would there be so many large arrangements in 1960?
Also the kid in the middle of the photo wearing nothing above his waist indicates summertime.
Elvis' hair and sideburns were actually pretty long by August 1958 as can be seen in this photo which I have reversed just to get the same angle as in the above photo.
580814-Memphis-05-bripet56.jpg
I'd say the photo is from August 1958.

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Gladys funeral.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Dan The Man wrote:Sorry Lady 1967... Hey I was born that year...
Anyhow... The subject is not funny at all :cry:

Seems to me I wasn't laughing at the subject was I???
I lost my mother when I was in my 20's also... I know how sad Elvis was about it...
I was just getting a kick out of the way you two were interacting!!
Geez.. sorry I said anything...

Re: Gladys funeral.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:48 am

Hi Elvis_Lady1967
My bad, it was not ment to be cruel at all.
Friends???

Re: Gladys funeral.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:03 am

Dan The Man wrote:Hi Elvis_Lady1967
My bad, it was not ment to be cruel at all.
Friends???

:mrgreen:
Yea.. it's all good.
:smt006

Re: Gladys funeral.

Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:30 am

bripet56 wrote:Elvis' hair and sideburns were actually pretty long by August 1958 as can be seen in this photo which I have reversed just to get the same angle as in the above photo.

I saw another photo in Soldier Boy magazine, and for the first time I realized that this photo was taken in Gladys´ bedroom. It really makes me mad that they had to have photographers there in time of their sorrow. Whose brilliant idea was that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.