Post here your Elvis' pictures

Need help to date this Shaver pictures

Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:56 pm

As most of you know, Sean Shaver never put any infos to the photos he sold, he sold sets with the same suits, most of the Shaver photos i have I have found the date to, but i still need infos to this 5x7 shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Need help to date this Shaver pictures

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:26 pm

The ones in the White Bicentennial suit does not have him wearing the Indian head belt which means they're from prior to June 27, 1976.
The microphone has a wide gap between the dark tape just below the head and the thin dark line which leaves out the May and June tours.
The hair is not the March hair so only April 1976 left.

Those photos in the WHite Bicentennial are from Kansas City, April 21, 1976.

I'll take a look at the other photos and see if I can come up with anything.

SIncerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:33 pm

smt131 (sincerely) Brian, you never cease to amaze me!
I thank god you're here!!

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Brian...amazing observations and information. Thanks

Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm

It's a tough one to date and I have every confidence in Brian coming up wih the correct answer, but my guess for the top two photo's are possibly from June 26, 1976. (2:30 pm). Providence, RI.. The reason being, if you notice the people sitting behind the band in your top photo, it looks like these photo's ( link ) have the same stage/ arena set up... i.e people sitting behind the band, just a guess though.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c760626a.htm

Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:18 pm

memphis1935 wrote:It's a tough one to date and I have every confidence in Brian coming up wih the correct answer, but my guess for the top two photo's are possibly from June 26, 1976. (2:30 pm). Providence, RI.. The reason being, if you notice the people sitting behind the band in your top photo, it looks like these photo's ( link ) have the same stage/ arena set up... i.e people sitting behind the band, just a guess though.

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/c760626a.htm

There are a couple of options for the first photo, which is NOT from the same show as the second photo. Notice that Elvis uses two different microphones.
The first photo (5.jpg) would be from May 28 - Aug 29. After Aug 29 Elvis wore his TCB ring on his left hand.

The second photo (4.jpg) would be from April 24, 1976 in San Diego. Notice how Elvis only has one of those things left around his arm. At the beginning of the show he wore two but photos show him wearing only one during part of the show.

After the April 76 tour he didn't wear those things with this suit. What are they called??

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:04 pm

I think your right Bripet, different shows going by the microphone, well spotted. Not sure what they are properly called but I see what you mean about the ' wristbands ', he doesn't have one on on the top photo......could it just be hidden by the cuff on the shirt?

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:09 pm

memphis1935 wrote:Not sure what they are properly called but I see what you mean about the ' wristbands ', he doesn't have one on on the top photo......could it just be hidden by the cuff on the shirt?

No, he stopped using them after the April tour and the microphone is different as well, so surely two different shows.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Well done Brian....I stand up and applaud you ::rocks

Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:18 pm

memphis1935 wrote:Well done Brian....I stand up and applaud you ::rocks

Thanks my friend (taking a bow).
This is what I like about the Picture Section.
We're here to try and put a date on a lot of photos and very often we make it. Together. ::rocks

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 pm

Together??...From what I have seen on the forum, you are at the forefront on the picture solving issue ( the doc aswell )....the rest of us just stand back in awe of you, if I had flowers...I would of thrown them at you in a star struck fashion as you were taking your bow then lol ::rocks

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks for setting the dates Bripet, Scott, thanks for your help to, I have now put the infos given on my scans :D

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:30 am

ty for info Bripet and all - very interestn in deed -

Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 am

Shaver did not shoot the Providence shows.