Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"Dixieland Delight" project is in trouble

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:50 pm

A long awaited multimedia box set Dixieland Delight is now in trouble, because "On February 2nd, 2011, EPE also filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, against Bud Glass, an Elvis Presley memorabilia collector, for the alleged illegal sale and distribution of the box set in the United States. EPE is currently reviewing the evidence and considering filing additional lawsuits against other individuals responsible for the manufacture, sale, and release of this particular box set as well as other bootleg recordings and merchandise."

Source: http://www.elvis.com/news/detail.aspx?id=5204

UPDATE: The link to the box set: http://www.imagesinconcert.com/dixieland_delight
Last edited by PetriTCB on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: "Dixieland Delight" project is in trouble

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:52 pm

How is it in trouble? It depends if there is an injunction to stop all Elvis business until this lawsuit is resolved. That is unlikely. If Glass is too distracted or lacks the necessary funding due to mounting legal bills, perhaps his Dixieland project will continue to be delayed.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:56 pm

For those who paid little attention to the "Dixieland Delight" thing - whats the deal here? FTD issue the release in 2009 supposedly tied in with this book project that hasn't come out.

Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Matthew wrote:For those who paid little attention to the "Dixieland Delight" thing - whats the deal here? FTD issue the release in 2009 supposedly tied in with this book project that hasn't come out.

Not sure. I assumed the project fell through once the tie-in to the CD passed. I recall hearing news recently that the project was still happening. Frankly, I don't care either way because I have no interest in a 1975 multi-media project (whatever that is).

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:00 am

Why couldn't the Subject have been:

"Dixieland Delight" Delayed, Derailed Dilemma?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 am

Bud is a good guy. I've known him for a long time.

Free Bud Glass! Free Bud Glass!

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 am

elvisjock wrote:Bud is a good guy. I've known him for a long time.

Free Bud Glass! Free Bud Glass!

Ask him why he decided to branch out.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:51 am

Yes everything i have heard about Bud Glass is also 'GOOD' but if you actually get CAUGHT distributing that 'boxset' then you are in extremely serious trouble. Many, MANY dealers i personally know simply REFUSED to sell the item and without exception every one of them RIGHT NOW is extremely glad they took the decision to never sell the product!
Worrying times for those dealers around the world who DID sell it now though! :?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:18 pm

Did anyone really believe that DIXILAND DELIGHT would have been released in 2011? Praytome is working on this project for ages, just like on the long announced candid book or further volumes of the BEHIND THE IMAGE DVDs.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 pm

The Welz wrote:Did anyone really believe that DIXILAND DELIGHT would have been released in 2011? Praytome is working on this project for ages, just like on the long announced candid book or further volumes of the BEHIND THE IMAGE DVDs.

Let's not forget the "Elvis On Tour '72 (Volume 1)" book by Ed Bonja which was announced by Pray-to-me (sorry, but I will not) in July 2009.

It seems they've been promising a lot but just can't deliver. :|

Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Maybe a box set of potatoes with various jumpsuits might be a better option....

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Maybe a box set of potatoes with various jumpsuits might be a better option....

Now your talking!
As for Dixieland Delight the fact that it was meant to be an FTD tie in it seems they have missed the boat on this one
anyway regardless of any further doubts brought by the EPE lawsuits.It should have been out a couple of years ago
when it would have a bit more going for it with the FTD release and interest may have been higher than it is now.

norrie

Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Maybe a box set of potatoes with various jumpsuits might be a better option....

It has to be a potato/duck mix in order for it to be viable and sell well with fans.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:27 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:

It has to be a potato/duck mix in order for it to be viable and sell well with fans.

As long as it comes with potato sized aviator shades, who gives a chit?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 am

i just emailed praytome, with the question Is it still coming out? 20 minutes later i got a email with Yes!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:30 am

Yes!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm

The interesting question is: Do the fans still care?

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:06 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:The interesting question is: Do the fans still care?

i would love to see the unreleased 1975 footage

Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I mailed Praytome about a year agi if Elvis '72 would come - out and they said yes. Never seen the book though ... I don't think they will release anything at all anymore ....

Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:30 pm

and what about BTI vol 3....that one was going to be released even before this project and never came out :roll: