Off Topic Messages

How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-77?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:36 pm

While browsing on the internet I stumbled upon a website stating that about 8-11% of Americans believed that Elvis was still alive in 2002. (Source http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1232040.

This number surprises me... I wonder how many members of the FECC Forum believe that E is still alive/didnt die on august 16 '77?

Any believers here?

Re: How many people here believe Elvis didn't die on 08-16-7

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:48 pm

Even if you take all the real evidence away you are still left with this. If Elvis Presley was going to fake his death, the last image that he left the world with would not have been sitting on the thrown reading sexually related materials.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Sexually related materials?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Probley he is but people on this board don’t like to talk abut it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7lrpA2 ... playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qdrxAFVwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtBJI1H ... re=related

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Sexually related materials?

Thrown?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:00 pm

As Joe Esposity once stated: when a human being can live without intestines, bowels and all the vital organs Elvis would still walk around...that's what they removed out of Elvis' body during the autopsy...Elvis died August 16, 1977....for sure...

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:23 pm

elvisalex wrote:Probley he is but people on this board don’t like to talk abut it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7lrpA2 ... playnext=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qdrxAFVwU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYtBJI1H ... re=related

So, you honestly believe that Elvis is still alive?

By the way, the first and the last youtube clip are far-fetched...in the first one I hear a guy that can't sing at all, in the last clip I see a guy that really does not like like Elvis at all... I personally believe that Elvis is as dead as can be, but I cannot deny the lawsuit intrigues me, are there any new developments?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

It wasn't a Jesus book as has been suggested.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 pm

Rob wrote:

Thrown?

Toilet.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 pm

By august 17th 1077 Elvis was stone cold dead as a dodo unfortunately

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

That taped voice is nothing like Elvis, I've listened to several of that person's recordings on YouTube and am very underwhelmed by him.
The photo comparison one is a joke: nothing like him.

The DNA, well

In this 2008 followup report on Jesse and Dr. Hinton, it is shown that Jesse's DNA from 2002 matches Jesse's DNA from 2008, thus proving that the same man has consistently been Jesse. More importantly, it proves that Jesse's DNA matches Elvis' first cousin (Donna Presley) on the Presley side of Elvis' family. It further proves that Jesse's DNA also matches Elvis' first cousin (Brenda Smtih) on his mother's side of the family. This is very strong validation that Jesse is Elvis. This coupled with everything else I personally know about Jesse, is proof that Jesse is Elvis Presley.

To me that proves nothing except that there may be some kind of relationship to Elvis. It does NOT prove anyone is Elvis.

Elvis, sadly, died in 1977.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Bobc wrote:
Rob wrote:

Thrown?

Toilet.

Throne.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Elvis died physically on August 16, 1977.
Bobc wrote:
Rob wrote:

Thrown?

Toilet.

I think he meant "throne."

Ton Bruins wrote:As Joe Esposity once stated: when a human being can live without intestines, bowels and all the vital organs Elvis would still walk around...that's what they removed out of Elvis' body during the autopsy...Elvis died August 16, 1977....for sure...

Wasn't the then-medical examiner Dr. Jerry Francisco who said that?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I cant believe anyone would think Elvis faked his own death.

You would have to be abit stupid to believe that.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm

JaneTLC wrote:
Bobc wrote:
Rob wrote:

Thrown?

Toilet.

Throne.

Sorry. Multi tasking. Working and posting.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Throne = toilet, it was just misspelt in the original post, and I was just clarifying :)

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

I look at it this way. If you want to think something anything can be twisted into your belief system. I'm sure all of us wish Elvis had lived longer but he didn't and that's the sad reality. The one thing I will say is that the whole Elvis is Alive thing is kind of entertaining in the same way the Paul McCartney is dead deal was. It's fun to play detective now and then. It's just that you have to temper the game of finding the "hoax" with the reality that there wasn't one.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm

JimmyCool wrote:Elvis died physically on August 16, 1977.
Bobc wrote:
Rob wrote:

Thrown?

Toilet.

I think he meant "throne."

Ton Bruins wrote:As Joe Esposity once stated: when a human being can live without intestines, bowels and all the vital organs Elvis would still walk around...that's what they removed out of Elvis' body during the autopsy...Elvis died August 16, 1977....for sure...

Wasn't the then-medical examiner Dr. Jerry Francisco who said that?

I don't know if Francisco said that. I know for sure that Esposito said that because he told me personally in Memphis in 1997.. :D And I think that statement says it all....Elvis is dead for sure !

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I look at it this way. If you want to think something anything can be twisted into your belief system. I'm sure all of us wish Elvis had lived longer but he didn't and that's the sad reality. The one thing I will say is that the whole Elvis is Alive thing is kind of entertaining in the same way the Paul McCartney is dead deal was. It's fun to play detective now and then. It's just that you have to temper the game of finding the "hoax" with the reality that there wasn't one.

You mean Paul is still alive? I thought he was dead? just check out this compelling evidence...

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-McCartney-Re ... 292&sr=1-4

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Well Jovan here's another nice mess you gotten this board into... :wink:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:49 pm

People create conspiracies all the time in order to cope with their loss or even to impose their opinions and beliefs. You can twist anything to make it sound credible and make people believe... And I'm frankly sick of it. Not only Elvis' death, but MJ conspiracies (including the one about his "new" recordings not really being him and Sony wanting to destroy his image), Illuminati, etc too.

It's like if half of the world's population was obsessed with conspiracies, trying to explain a "truth" that is simply NOT there. Because they can't face reality.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Elvis is alive through the music.

There seem to be conspiracy theories no matter what happens. If there is one or two things that can't be explained
people seem to come up with various theories for whatever reason. In some cases it might be true.If Elvis still is alive
he has done a hell of a job hiding.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Elvis never died. His spirit lives on in this very forum, through his music, and the millions of fans around the world. Thanks to what he left us and the genius he was - he will forever remain immortal. He confided in close friends during 1976 and 1977 that he was worried that one day when he was gone, nobody would remember him because he never made a classic film or really made a difference. Of course, he couldn't have been more wrong and if there's one thing I wish more than anything for Elvis; is for him to have seen the love and support of his fans to this day, the thousands of people who flock to Graceland each year and the joy his music brings to millions of people, each day, in 2010.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:02 pm

Good Time Charlie wrote:Elvis never died. His spirit lives on in this very forum, through his music, and the millions of fans around the world. Thanks to what he left us and the genius he was - he will forever remain immortal.

With or without Viva Elvis!

Good Time Charlie wrote:He confided in close friends during 1976 and 1977 that he was worried that one day when he was gone, nobody would remember him because he never made a classic film or really made a difference. Of course, he couldn't have been more wrong and if there's one thing I wish more than anything for Elvis; is for him to have seen the love and support of his fans to this day, the thousands of people who flock to Graceland each year and the joy his music brings to millions of people, each day, in 2010.

I'm pretty sure that he's seeing it from somewhere else, one way or another. And I hope he's happy and proud...
...Though I can imagine his reaction over Viva Elvis. "There goes my f*cking legacy right down the drain, man!"

PS.: What's the source for Elvis' fear of being forgotten because "he never made a classic film or really made a difference"? I never heard of it and I'm quite curious!
Last edited by billyblues on Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:03 pm

I am not surprised that 8-11% of Americans belong in the dumb-ass catergory