Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Re: The Complete Elvis Presley Masters unbox photos

Post by elvissessions »

drjohncarpenter wrote:The doggie and kitty are way cool as well.
Doc, I'm falling in love with you all over again. :smt007

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

elvissessions wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:The doggie and kitty are way cool as well.
Doc, I'm falling in love with you all over again. :smt007
I'm simply aware I'm hard to resist...

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

IMETJB wrote:Although it wouldn't bother me...won't some people have issue with the way the CDs are held in those pockets?
I have "Elvis '56," "G.I. Blues" and "Blue Hawaii" in those kind of pockets (collector's edition)... I can't hear them anymore, they're all scratchy now...
You should place them on jewel cases :smt002

Beautiful pictures by the way, I'll get this set soeday soon.

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Frankie Teardrop wrote:It is the Elvis Monolith.
Daaaaa... daaaaa... daaaaa..... dadaaaaaaaa...
boomboomboomboom...

Hell yeah. It certainly is.

And what's the holy grail? The "My Happiness" or the "Tiger Man" Acetate? :D

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

James27

Post by James27 »

Great pictures, thanks for sharing! ::rocks

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by KevinK »

JimmyCool wrote:
IMETJB wrote:Although it wouldn't bother me...won't some people have issue with the way the CDs are held in those pockets?
I have "Elvis '56," "G.I. Blues" and "Blue Hawaii" in those kind of pockets (collector's edition)... I can't hear them anymore, they're all scratchy now...

Would it be feasible to slot each CD into a cd sleeve like the round bottomed one on this site -
http://www.artist-shop.com/accessories/index.htm
and then insert that into the slot in the box?

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
KevinK wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:

Would it be feasible to slot each CD into a cd sleeve like the round bottomed one on this site -
I have some of these plastic sleeves, tried them on this new box and it is perfect for it 8). I´ve just placed an order for some more and will protect them this way. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Revelator
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Revelator »

Those are two very cute pets Elvissessions. Is your cat a Bombay?

Topic author
elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Post by elvissessions »

I believe so, though she certainly has no papers to prove her pedigree ...

The dog we rescued from a Burger King parking lot about a block outside of downtown Dallas. He's a chow-retriever-god-knows-what mutt. He's a wonderful dog, though, and of course his name is BK. He travels with us to Memphis for Elvis Week every year, and folks love him there. :)

The cat we saved out of our underground parking garage, where some ()*)$@#( had abandoned her. It took long, determined effort to catch her, and like a good cat, she does not always adequately show her gratitude ;) ... Her name is Bitty 'cause she was the "basement kitty" and she's a fair amount smaller than other cats we've had. I'm pretty sure she spends most of the day thinking about murdering me, but she's crazy about my gal, so she has a good buddy even if she can't bear to be around me.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

minel
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Post by minel »

KevinK wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:

I ordered antistatic CD sleeves from CD Japan. Works perfectly.
They slide in and out a lot easier now and they wont be scratched.

Francesc

Post by Francesc »

Thanks for the photos and for the excitement . I think this set is [perfect] for people like you.

jon_burrows
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by jon_burrows »

That's a great looking set. Thanks for the potos elvissessions. :mrgreen:

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

elvissessions wrote:I believe so, though she certainly has no papers to prove her pedigree ...

The dog we rescued from a Burger King parking lot about a block outside of downtown Dallas. He's a chow-retriever-god-knows-what mutt. He's a wonderful dog, though, and of course his name is BK. He travels with us to Memphis for Elvis Week every year, and folks love him there. :)

The cat we saved out of our underground parking garage, where some ()*)$@#( had abandoned her. It took long, determined effort to catch her, and like a good cat, she does not always adequately show her gratitude ;) ... Her name is Bitty 'cause she was the "basement kitty" and she's a fair amount smaller than other cats we've had. I'm pretty sure she spends most of the day thinking about murdering me, but she's crazy about my gal, so she has a good buddy even if she can't bear to be around me.

Now you're killing me. All of our cats and dogs have been adopted strays, each a wonderful and beloved pet.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

elvissessions wrote:I believe so, though she certainly has no papers to prove her pedigree ...

Great post! Sometimes it's really hard to believe what certain individuals can do to living beings.

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

James27

Post by James27 »

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44098&start=0

Perhaps you can post your pictures here folks, I just bumped the thread.. :wink:

Joe Krein interview with Sherril Nielsen: "YOU KNOW YOU FORGET HOW GOOD HE REALLY WAS. I SAID MY GOODNESS. YOU KNOW WHEN YOU ARE WITH HIM YOU ARE SO WRAPPED UP DOING THE SHOW, BUT HERE NOW 20 YEARS LATER, I HEAR HIM AND REALIZE WHAT A GREAT TALENT HE WAS. HE WAS THE REAL DEAL.

Z0S0
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Post by Z0S0 »

Beautiful Pics ES - great work & a great post !

ThankU so much for taking the time to shoot & upload these etc,i know thats a lot of work
and on your part, uneccesary when im sure u we're extremely eager to get stuck into the set itself !
not mess around for the forum ! very kind & selfless of you !
sincerely , thanks & very appreciated! your obviously a great Guy !

- its very nice for us Poor folks to get a good detailed look at this , Thanks to you ES !

Im feeling happy (& maybe slightly jealous) for all the FECC members that we're able to get this set!
It is a true beauty & a lovely piece of work for our man! No less than what he deserves, especially nudging 2011!

The Book does look beautiful, some stunning pics (though nothing new i gather???)
love the COA & the Tape box pics and he STILL looks breath-taking in most of those pics
despite seeing them for years & many times over !
His youthful Exuberance & passion just jumps out of the 56/57 pics !

Its amazing that his physical , as well as vocal beauty 'never ceases to amaze' hey -
God truly broke the mould with him !!! My god - what a Human Being !!! :shock:

i would love to have this baby on the shelf, more just to specifically own it in general, rather than playing it etc BUT
i just dont have the equity for this set ,
i could have gone down the credit card route, ive done it B4 with most of my E.P collection but aside from the fact im maxed out, i cant JUSTIFY more debt on what i consider a luxury, rather than an essential 'ELVIS' purchase -
(i cant justify a lot of my debt & spending habits but i reluctantly used willpower here! )

however ill openenly admit if the powers that be we're to release a $700 blu-ray box-set containing ALL
the 'ON tour' Footage , (and/or TTWII) then i would FIND a credit card - no matter what !

as it is, I may be lucky enough to grab a set 10 yrs from now on e-bay or something,
in the meantime - i shall be able to hear some sound samples so i can make some personal A/B comparisons !

Congratulations & i hope the set brings much pleasure to yourself & EVERYONE here who threw the chips down!

I think its fair to say that Ernst (& Co) probably put his heart into this project !
Im sure its not perfect but nothing is, we live in a very imperfect world !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(not wishing to stray off-topic but hey you started it lol )

BK is Gorgeous, what a beautiful little fella and a beautiful story, again showing what a decent person with a great heart you obviously are ! Im sure the Big 'E' would approve of your personality & kindness !

Theres certainly some retriever in BK , im lucky enough to have my own retriever who is an amazing pet,
a beautiful dog all round, certainly my best friend and is of course named ELVIS 8)

all the best ES ! ::rocks

" Never was so Influential a Man so poorly prepared for his fate - nor so ineptly schooled for its Consequences"

"There was a reason they nicknamed him the King of Rock + Roll, !!!
THIS is the way ELVIS should be remembered! This is true greatness in the churchillian sense:
swaggering, daring, Proud yet humble, beaten yet never truly down,
MAGNIFICENT when victorious and always unforgettable! "

( Q magazine review 'Artist Of The Century' Dec 1999 )

moffringa
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by moffringa »

@ TS: first of all thank you for the nice pics of your box BUT please next time convert those pictures to a smaller size cause it froze my computer because of the huge size of those pics who had to be loaded.

500 vd 750 is large enough to see all,not the size you used.(over 1 MB)