Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Avoiding Counterfeit Elvis Memorabilia By Sean O'Neal

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Sean O'Neal has done a great job trying to help Elvis collectors identify the counterfeiting of vintage Elvis memorabilia.

Sean’s site is a good source to share any information to help Elvis collectors to learn more about the counterfeiting and reproducing of vintage Elvis memorabilia that goes on today.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/memorabiliacorner.html

http://www.elvispresleyblvd.com

Unfortunately I learned an expensive lesson when I purchased a reproduction of the 1963 Calendar with Santa and Snowman on back.

I hope this site will help other Elvis collectors avoid buying any counterfeit & reproduction items.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Avoiding Counterfeit Elvis Memorabilia By Sean O'Neal

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:13 pm

I shall have a look at his site. I liked his book. I guess my 1978 autograph is null and void then?!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:19 pm

TONY wrote:I shall have a look at his site. I liked his book. I guess my 1978 autograph is null and void then?!

I'll bet it came with a C.O.A (Certificate of Authenticity) too.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:22 pm

EPA4368 wrote:
TONY wrote:I shall have a look at his site. I liked his book. I guess my 1978 autograph is null and void then?!

Yes, signed by Scatter the chimp!

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:32 pm

TONY wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

I would say it's a reproduction. Scatter passed away sometime in the late 1960's.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EPA4368 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:15 am

unclefester wrote:If you can get an item that is vouched for by Dick Grob....then you've done really well....NOT......might as well burn your money instead.........If you're looking for insight into Dick Grob and his giant stack of C.O.A.'s just talk to ColinB............Unfortunetly Mr. O'Neil has been known to sell some questionable items himself.....sad.......but true..........uf

I didn’t know this. Thanks for posting.

Here are some tips that may help others avoid buying counterfeits. Collectors need to have patience. Don't rush. This may sound like a no-brainer but it’s not always easy to do. Do research on the item and person selling. Ask for help from other collectors. The more you know, the less likely you are to buy something that isn't what you thought. Ask the seller: how do they know the item is genuine and not a fake or reproduction and will they guarantee the authenticity of the item in writing? Know the refund and/or exchange policy. If they don’t have one, don’t buy. Probably the best tip is “if it sounds too good to be true then its not an original.”

Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm

unclefester wrote:If you can get an item that is vouched for by Dick Grob....then you've done really well....NOT......might as well burn your money instead.........If you're looking for insight into Dick Grob and his giant stack of C.O.A.'s just talk to ColinB............

Err........................... I know nothing...................

Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:59 pm

KE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:45 pm

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:KE!!!!!!!!!!!!

????? :?:

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 am

EPA4368 wrote:
TONY wrote:
EPA4368 wrote:

I would say it's a reproduction. Scatter passed away sometime in the late 1960's.

So was Elvis successful in getting Scatter to read?