In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 am

Seems to have been an age since Sandi responded to questions on this forum.

Does anyone have any news on her? Hope she is well. I've missed her insightful contributions of late.

Phil

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:43 pm

Sandi's gone and is never coming back.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:34 am

Sorry Brian. Can you be more specific? What happened?

Phil

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 pm

acmeruya wrote:Sorry Brian. Can you be more specific? What happened?

Phil


Sandi lost interest in posting.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:13 am

Why did she lose interest Brian? Have you spoken to her or been in contact with her recently?

Phil

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:11 am

acmeruya wrote:Why did she lose interest Brian? Have you spoken to her or been in contact with her recently?

Phil


No, not that recently

she's just busy doing other things and sometimes it's good to get away and do something else.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:58 pm

Considering that there was a complete forum set up just for her, she would have to stay on the computer all day long answering questions, like...What did Elvis' breath smell like? What color socks did Elvis wear to bed? When Elvis passed gas did he say "excuse me"? When Elvis went to the restroom did he go upstairs or use the one downstairs?

I cant figure out why she left either.

Tony

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 am

Sandi's a smart girl, Blue-Gypsy. She was pretty selective about the posts she commented on & wouldn't entertain anything disreputable or derogatory to Elvis.

A true friend, indeed.

Phil

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:21 pm

There was no doubt that she was a good person and very kind to come here and discuss Elvis. My point was I think that she was a bit overwhelmed with all of the riduculous questions that was thrown at her. I would bet that when she joined this board she wanted to be a fan just like the rest of us and join in conversations and topics of wich she had a lot to offer. Maybe she wanted to post when she wanted to, browse when she wanted to, and answer a few questions along the way just like all of us do. Instead we end up devoting an entire sub-forum to her to answer questions one right after the other, some revelant, others not so much. Hell this became a job for her! She was no longer a member of the FECC Family she was one of its employee's. This is why we dont have other people in the Elvis world contibute here on a regular basis under their real name. I hope this is a lesson to all of us that if we have a "Elvis Connection" that wishes to spend time with us lets please show some class and tact and treat them with reverence but also treat them as one of us. Dont hammer them with questions day and night nonstop. If they join a particular topic or start a topic discuss with them what is relevant to that topic.

I am sorry but this is just my opinion, we have the best Elvis community in the world right here on this web address and I think we have a lot of potential to attract even more "Elvis People" in the future.

By the way everyone, I never left you guys I just took a break from posting. I appreciate all who wrote to me asking about me, you guys and girls are great!

Tony-

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:There was no doubt that she was a good person and very kind to come here and discuss Elvis. My point was I think that she was a bit overwhelmed with all of the riduculous questions that was thrown at her. I would bet that when she joined this board she wanted to be a fan just like the rest of us and join in conversations and topics of wich she had a lot to offer. Maybe she wanted to post when she wanted to, browse when she wanted to, and answer a few questions along the way just like all of us do. Instead we end up devoting an entire sub-forum to her to answer questions one right after the other, some revelant, others not so much. Hell this became a job for her! She was no longer a member of the FECC Family she was one of its employee's. This is why we dont have other people in the Elvis world contibute here on a regular basis under their real name. I hope this is a lesson to all of us that if we have a "Elvis Connection" that wishes to spend time with us lets please show some class and tact and treat them with reverence but also treat them as one of us. Dont hammer them with questions day and night nonstop. If they join a particular topic or start a topic discuss with them what is relevant to that topic.

I am sorry but this is just my opinion, we have the best Elvis community in the world right here on this web address and I think we have a lot of potential to attract even more "Elvis People" in the future.

By the way everyone, I never left you guys I just took a break from posting. I appreciate all who wrote to me asking about me, you guys and girls are great!

Tony-


Couldn't have said it better myself.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:There was no doubt that she was a good person and very kind to come here and discuss Elvis. My point was I think that she was a bit overwhelmed with all of the riduculous questions that was thrown at her. I would bet that when she joined this board she wanted to be a fan just like the rest of us and join in conversations and topics of wich she had a lot to offer. Maybe she wanted to post when she wanted to, browse when she wanted to, and answer a few questions along the way just like all of us do. Instead we end up devoting an entire sub-forum to her to answer questions one right after the other, some revelant, others not so much. Hell this became a job for her! She was no longer a member of the FECC Family she was one of its employee's. This is why we dont have other people in the Elvis world contibute here on a regular basis under their real name. I hope this is a lesson to all of us that if we have a "Elvis Connection" that wishes to spend time with us lets please show some class and tact and treat them with reverence but also treat them as one of us. Dont hammer them with questions day and night nonstop. If they join a particular topic or start a topic discuss with them what is relevant to that topic.

I am sorry but this is just my opinion, we have the best Elvis community in the world right here on this web address and I think we have a lot of potential to attract even more "Elvis People" in the future.

By the way everyone, I never left you guys I just took a break from posting. I appreciate all who wrote to me asking about me, you guys and girls are great!

Tony-


You're maybe right about this...but at Elvis Insiders Sandi has had her own topic for years. She shares stories and other members can ask questions. That was no reason for her to stop posting there. And no, the questions that are asked there are not much different than the questions that were asked overhere. So, I'm not sure that that is the reason. Maybe she's just too busy to visit the forum on a regular basis.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 pm

I did not know about her posting on the other site Monique. You are probably right. I am sure it takes a lot of time to answer all of these questions and she just might like the attention, but if there was a member of the Elvis world that didn't want all of that attention I would just want everyone to feel like they can come here and just hang out if that is what they want to do without us scaring them off by acting like crazed fans. Kind of like the people that walk up to a celebrity while they are eating lunch with their family and asking for an autograph.

Tony-

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:I did not know about her posting on the other site Monique. You are probably right. I am sure it takes a lot of time to answer all of these questions and she just might like the attention, but if there was a member of the Elvis world that didn't want all of that attention I would just want everyone to feel like they can come here and just hang out if that is what they want to do without us scaring them off by acting like crazed fans. Kind of like the people that walk up to a celebrity while they are eating lunch with their family and asking for an autograph.

Tony-


I know what you mean. But in this case, with Sandi, I believe she didn't mind at all and loves/loved to share her photos and knowledge with us.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Monique wrote:...but at Elvis Insiders Sandi has had her own topic for years. She shares stories and other members can ask questions. That was no reason for her to stop posting there. And no, the questions that are asked there are not much different than the questions that were asked over here. So, I'm not sure that that is the reason. Maybe she's just too busy to visit the forum on a regular basis.


Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

Luuk wrote:
Monique wrote:...but at Elvis Insiders Sandi has had her own topic for years. She shares stories and other members can ask questions. That was no reason for her to stop posting there. And no, the questions that are asked there are not much different than the questions that were asked over here. So, I'm not sure that that is the reason. Maybe she's just too busy to visit the forum on a regular basis.


Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?


I don't know if that's bothering her. I think of Sandi as a very reliable person. She only tells us what she saw with her own eyes. She has her diary and her pictures to share some of her moments with/around Elvis with us. I love those stories. Her memories of Elvis are priceless to me.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:51 am

I'm only in it for the music

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:55 am

Luuk wrote:
Monique wrote:...but at Elvis Insiders Sandi has had her own topic for years. She shares stories and other members can ask questions. That was no reason for her to stop posting there. And no, the questions that are asked there are not much different than the questions that were asked over here. So, I'm not sure that that is the reason. Maybe she's just too busy to visit the forum on a regular basis.


Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?

Why would anybody want/need to question anything Sandi said? She certainly had no agenda, just was someone who personally knew Elvis and shared her memories of her friend with people who are very interested in what Elvis was like, as a human being. As for being "more knowledgeable fans", I doubt that, at least on the topic she was asked about, and answered, as she actually knew him personally, whereas others are relaying things they've read or heard from other people.
This post sounds to me as though you suspect she was trying to pull a fast one on you or something. It could be this attitude that is a big reason why she stopped posting here.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Luuk wrote:
Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?


No Luuk....perhaps people on the Insiders and on FECC aren't as cynical as some others. I know Sandi is very busy.....I hope that's the ONLY reason she is posting as much.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 am

Little Darlin wrote:
Luuk wrote:
Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?


No Luuk....perhaps people on the Insiders and on FECC aren't as cynical as some others. I know Sandi is very busy.....I hope that's the ONLY reason she is posting as much.


Yeah me to Little Darlin'
I have enjoyed Sandi posts!
Have u notice the latest pic on the front page?
Never seen it before,have you?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:53 am

Does anyone know about her new book? I believe it was supposed to be released by now. I'm really looking forward to that one.

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:11 pm

The great thing about asking Sandi different questions was that you had the chance to ask her unusual questions. Unusual doesn't automatically mean rude. Did people her expect questions like What do you think Elvis would do today? Did Elvis enjoy singing Hound Dog? :roll:

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:52 am

I don't see a problem with any of the questions posed to her or the manner of inquiry. I don't see a problem with any of Sandi's responses, either. To my mind, questions were respectfully posed -- even if they seemed trivial to others (my response: so what?) -- and Sandi normally answered those questions, with grace and integrity to boot. I think we should drop the speculation since no-one knows. Hope she's OK, wherever she may be!

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:27 am

There was just a post in the main section to say Sandi's having computer issues, will be back soon, and sends her love, so all the conspiracy theorists can go and focus their energies elsewhere!

We'll look forward to having her back soon!!

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:06 am

Good news!!

Re: Sandi - Where Are You?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:01 am

Elton wrote:
Little Darlin wrote:
Luuk wrote:
Or maybe on Elvis Insiders people accept whatever she says without questioning while here more knowledgeable fans question what she said?


No Luuk....perhaps people on the Insiders and on FECC aren't as cynical as some others. I know Sandi is very busy.....I hope that's the ONLY reason she is posting as much.


Yeah me to Little Darlin'
I have enjoyed Sandi posts!
Have u notice the latest pic on the front page?
Never seen it before,have you?


Hi Elton.....sorry I missed this.....it doesn't look too familiar but I'll check see if I have it for you :D