You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis living on through American Idol

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 am

At least 4 different Hollywood hopefuls have attempted an Elvis song for their audition this season. However none of them did the songs any justice. But the fact that most were teens says that his music is definitely getting out there to this generation and appreciated.

I've noticed quite a few teen idols lately from Mile Cyrus to Nick Jonas are Elvis fans which does great for his longevity for future generations to come considering how worshiped by young teens they are.

Re: Elvis living on through American Idol

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:25 am

I've noticed a change in a few of my classmates at Akron lately towards Elvis. This real pretty blonde and I were talking today after class and she brought up what was on my ipod and I started naming different artists and mentioned Elvis and she stopped me to say "you got Elvis!?" and then asked me which songs. She too is an Elvis fan and said "Elvis rocks!" which made my day. :D

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 am

elvisallc wrote:I've noticed a change in a few of my classmates at Akron lately towards Elvis. This real pretty blonde and I were talking today after class and she brought up what was on my ipod and I started naming different artists and mentioned Elvis and she stopped me to say "you got Elvis!?" and then asked me which songs. She too is an Elvis fan and said "Elvis rocks!" which made my day. :D

Change your signature before I do it for you. Thank you.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 am

elvisallc wrote:This real pretty blonde and I were talking today after class and she brought up what was on my ipod and I started naming different artists and mentioned Elvis and she stopped me to say "you got Elvis!?" and then asked me which songs.

And you replied...

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:58 am

Moderator1 wrote:

Change your signature before I do it for you. Thank you.

::rocks

elvisallc wrote:I've noticed quite a few teen idols lately from Mile Cyrus to Nick Jonas are Elvis fans which does great for his longevity for future generations to come considering how worshiped by young teens they are.

Did we establish this as fact, or just that she went to an Elvis tribute show when she was a toddler?

elvisallc wrote:This real pretty blonde and I were talking today after class and she brought up what was on my ipod and I started naming different artists and mentioned Elvis and she stopped me to say "you got Elvis!?" and then asked me which songs. She too is an Elvis fan and said "Elvis rocks!" which made my day. :D

Nice one! Did you ask her out? GO ON! DO IT!! :smt001

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:45 pm

elvisallc wrote:At least 4 different Hollywood hopefuls have attempted an Elvis song for their audition this season. However none of them did the songs any justice. But the fact that most were teens says that his music is definitely getting out there to this generation and appreciated.

I've noticed quite a few teen idols lately from Mile Cyrus to Nick Jonas are Elvis fans which does great for his longevity for future generations to come considering how worshiped by young teens they are.

I'm not familiar with Nick Jonas, but I read this on the ElvisMatters site:

"Nick Jonas as Elvis
Nick Jonas, member of the popgroup The Jonas Brothers, can be seen on the Spring 2010 issue of the Vman magazine. Jonas' photoshoot is inspired by Elvis. As you can see, there is a resemblance of Elvis' publicity shots for the movie Love Me Tender. Jonas announces a solo album in the article."

So, yes, he could be an Elvis fan and I think that's good considering his popularity with young teens.
I think there's been a tendency those last twenty years, where singers didn't want to admit that they liked Elvis, because that was not the thing to say. Nice to see that things seem to change.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Matthew wrote:
elvisallc wrote:This real pretty blonde and I were talking today after class and she brought up what was on my ipod and I started naming different artists and mentioned Elvis and she stopped me to say "you got Elvis!?" and then asked me which songs.

And you replied...

"It Ain't No Big Thing (But It's Growing)" ?

Rich

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 pm

:smt003

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:18 pm

"really pretty blonde"
OH MY LORD!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm

Allc, let me tell you a story so's you know what I'm talking about-
a few years back I managed a coffeeshop and had total control over the stereo system. I cannot tell you how many times people would comment when I would play a cd like the 68 Comeback, or the Memphis Record. People were amazed that Elvis sounded like this. I know for a fact that many of these people began to buy Elvis CDs. They didn't buy random songs off of iTunes, mind you, these were listeners who would actually buy entire CDs just because they heard a certain song.
The moral of this story is that we do not need remixes by dj's of the day, or "promotion" by television shows, or empty comments from flash in the pan celebutards.
Elvis just needs to be heard. Simple as that.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 pm

jdm333 wrote:Allc, let me tell you a story so's you know what I'm talking about-
a few years back I managed a coffeeshop and had total control over the stereo system. I cannot tell you how many times people would comment when I would play a cd like the 68 Comeback, or the Memphis Record. People were amazed that Elvis sounded like this. I know for a fact that many of these people began to buy Elvis CDs. They didn't buy random songs off of iTunes, mind you, these were listeners who would actually buy entire CDs just because they heard a certain song.
The moral of this story is that we do not need remixes by dj's of the day, or "promotion" by television shows, or empty comments from flash in the pan celebutards.

Yes, but what if he isn't heard? Here in The Netherlands, he's never played on modern radio stations to my knowledge, not even at Christmas. They prefer to play "Lonely This Christmas" by Mud, an English band imitating and sounding like Elvis. This always makes me grid my teeth. Radio Nostalgia played him all day long though on January 8th. I must admit that I don't listen much to radio, but whenever I do, I hear oldtimers like MJ, The Beatles, The Stones, Abba, but no Elvis. I guess the only songs you'll hear once in a while, will be "Suspicious Minds", "In The Ghetto" and probably "Are You Lonesome", but not when I was listening.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

I wasn't really talking about radio exposure. If everyone is already proclaiming the end of the cd, then relying on radio exposure to discover old, or new GOOD music is long gone. None of the music that I listen to is heard on the radio.
There are much better avenues out there for new ears.
Incidentally, I listen to an oldies station occasionally and they played "treat me nice" yesterday. That was a treat.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:47 pm

Josee wrote:
jdm333 wrote:Allc, let me tell you a story so's you know what I'm talking about-

Yes, but what if he isn't heard? Here in The Netherlands, he's never played on modern radio stations to my knowledge, not even at Christmas. They prefer to play "Lonely This Christmas" by Mud, an English band imitating and sounding like Elvis. This always makes me grid my teeth. Radio Nostalgia played him all day long though on January 8th. I must admit that I don't listen much to radio, but whenever I do, I hear oldtimers like MJ, The Beatles, The Stones, Abba, but no Elvis. I guess the only songs you'll hear once in a while, will be "Suspicious Minds", "In The Ghetto" and probably "Are You Lonesome", but not when I was listening.

Good point. Here in the states Elvis is hardly ever played on radio unless it's the anniversary time. The only way he gets airtime is with a remix like ALLC or Rubberneckin' which I've heard a few times on top 40 stations. Seeing that teen idols like Miley and Nick are publicly claiming their fandom for Elvis is a great sign that he's reaching a new audience, slowly but surely. And that's all that really matters.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Did we establish this as fact, or just that she went to an Elvis tribute show when she was a toddler?

Yes. Miley has stated on numerous radio interviews that she loves Elvis and in her book Miles To Go she mentions him as who she wished to work with. She's also said that she would have stood in a rainstorm to have met Elvis and that her ideal man would be a mix of Elvis, John Mayer and Lennon.

Nick Jonas is a member of the teen pop idols Jonas Brothers. Nick is a well known Elvis fan and even named his new dog after him.

Jason Earls who plays Jackson Stewart, Miley Stewart's brother on Hannah Montana is also a huge Elvis fan.

Raven Simone of the Disney hit That's So Raven is also a big Elvis fan and toured Graceland with her co-star Orlando Brown (pictured below).

Taylor Swift visiting Graceland 2009.

Carrie Underwood visiting Graceland 2009.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Nice photos till you reach the bottom and have it all ruined by that smug bald twat...

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:17 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Nice photos till you reach the bottom and have it all ruined by that smug bald twat...

Yes, indeed. Apparantly the mods instruction is yet to be followed:
Moderator1 wrote:Change your signature before I do it for you. Thank you.

Exactly - this post is spot on! In fact, its sig worthy!

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Why is a picture of Sillerman considered offensive? Is it perceived as advertising?

Anyway, for all my reservations about American Idol it is really the last standard bearer for not only the great hits of the 1950s and 1960s, but also the classic pop songbook. In this drowning in the minute culture, it's really the only show that bothers to look back.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

I have to kids, now 10 and 12. They do listen to anything new. But, they really have Elvis on their minds regarding music also. Even their friends who they have been talking to about my regard for Elvis have made comments to me about Elvis. And in positive ways!! The teenagers today get a lot of impressions through our modern media. Still, names like Elvis, The Beatles and ABBA are names that continue to pop up in those circles.
In music class they are actually paying attention to those artists brought forward by the teachers! And most of the children love them!
We, in here, may be on the edge now that we may have to face the fact that time actually moves on. But, history will in time include rock'n roll and pop as we know it as classics! And as I see it today, Elvis will always be a part of it, no matter what!
It's not a challenge anymore! It's no longer a point who sold more records than the other! The most important point is that Elvis still "lives"! He is still a valid "artist" out there! And that in itself is more impressive than anything else! He ranks up there among the greatest! And that's actually good enough for me!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:16 am

likethebike wrote:Why is a picture of Sillerman considered offensive? Is it perceived as advertising?

Anyway, for all my reservations about American Idol it is really the last standard bearer for not only the great hits of the 1950s and 1960s, but also the classic pop songbook. In this drowning in the minute culture, it's really the only show that bothers to look back.

Good points on both issues. :D

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:17 am

bajo wrote:I have to kids, now 10 and 12. They do listen to anything new. But, they really have Elvis on their minds regarding music also. Even their friends who they have been talking to about my regard for Elvis have made comments to me about Elvis. And in positive ways!! The teenagers today get a lot of impressions through our modern media. Still, names like Elvis, The Beatles and ABBA are names that continue to pop up in those circles.
In music class they are actually paying attention to those artists brought forward by the teachers! And most of the children love them!
We, in here, may be on the edge now that we may have to face the fact that time actually moves on. But, history will in time include rock'n roll and pop as we know it as classics! And as I see it today, Elvis will always be a part of it, no matter what!
It's not a challenge anymore! It's no longer a point who sold more records than the other! The most important point is that Elvis still "lives"! He is still a valid "artist" out there! And that in itself is more impressive than anything else! He ranks up there among the greatest! And that's actually good enough for me!

Very true!

Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 am

likethebike wrote:Why is a picture of Sillerman considered offensive? Is it perceived as advertising?

The only reason it is on display is to irritate other forum members - the poster has confirmed this previously himself.

elvisallc wrote:and it ticks you off. Like the pic in my signature, which is now staying for good.

elvisallc wrote:That's why I put him in my signature. To shut some of you up.

plus other statements long deleted by admin.

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:25 am

So some posters are irritated by elvisallc's sig.

Isn't that their problem ?

Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:39 am

I changed it. Happy now? :roll:

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:07 am

elvisallc wrote:I changed it. Happy now? :roll:

You did not have to delete it altogether. We have to think about members who are on a slow connection speed. If you would like help resizing your signature please do not hesitate to ask for help.