You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Priscilla video on TODAY show this morning

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 pm

Nice piece. :D

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/ ... 6#34765056

Re: Priscilla video on TODAY show this morning

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 pm

elvisallc - there is a section on this forum more appropriate for your Sillerman propaganda: Elvis In The Media, please post there.

Thanks.

Mods - how about bumping over all existing Sillerman/Viva Elvis threads to there.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:03 am

What is your problem? This was about ELVIS. In case you didn't watch it it's PRISCILLA who does the interview.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:10 am

Matthew wrote:elvisallc - there is a section on this forum more appropriate for your Sillerman propaganda: Elvis In The Media, please post there.

Thanks.

Mods - how about bumping over all existing Sillerman/Viva Elvis threads to there.

That's a good idea. It would be much better to create a section for him. He has to have some followers ! ...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:22 am

Does it matter where things go just for today? It's a big Elvis occasion. We have visitors looking in. There's no guidelines broken so they can stay as they are for now. If you don't like the title of the thread or the member making the posts then don't click the links. Problem solved.

elvisallc,that does not give you carte blanche to litter the All Elvis Section with anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:30 am

Moderator1 wrote:Does it matter where things go just for today? It's a big Elvis occasion. We have visitors looking in. There's no guidelines broken so they can stay as they are for now. If you don't like the title of the thread or the member making the posts then don't click the links. Problem solved.

Then why you have this section for ?

Moderator1 wrote:elvisallc,that does not give you carte blanche to litter the All Elvis Section with anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.

I agree his posts are garbage.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:36 am

Moderator1 wrote:Does it matter where things go just for today? It's a big Elvis occasion. We have visitors looking in. There's no guidelines broken so they can stay as they are for now. If you don't like the title of the thread or the member making the posts then don't click the links. Problem solved.

elvisallc,that does not give you carte blanche to litter the All Elvis Section with anymore. Thank you for your cooperation.

But we have an area dedicated to this sort of topic: viewforum.php?f=7

Surely its more beneficial for those specifically seeking media stories of this nature to be able to find these sorts of topics on the one area which is appropriately titled Elvis In The Media?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:42 am

I don't get it. I get criticized and called names when I do post about Sillerman. And when I don't and post on other related stuff I still get criticized. I can't win for losing.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 am

elvisallc wrote:I don't get it. I get criticized and called names when I do post about Sillerman. And when I don't and post on other related stuff I still get criticized. I can't win for losing.

:smt015

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 am

elvisallc wrote:I don't get it.

Elvis In The Media

Call it home.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:46 am

Francesc wrote:
elvisallc wrote:I don't get it. I get criticized and called names when I do post about Sillerman. And when I don't and post on other related stuff I still get criticized. I can't win for losing.

:smt015

Whatever. it's the truth and you and everybody else knows it. Including the mods.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:50 am

Matthew wrote:

But we have an area dedicated to this sort of topic: viewforum.php?f=7

Surely its more beneficial for those specifically seeking media stories of this nature to be able to find these sorts of topics on the one area which is appropriately titled Elvis In The Media?

I fully understand what you and the other members are saying Matthew but as I have already stated they can stay for today and then will be moved. We have members here who only use one section of the forum and sometimes the All Elvis Section is the only place they'll see things. We have youtube videos and photographs posted in this section and they don't belong here either. Is it really that much of an issue? If it bothers members that much create a Poll about it in Off Topic and we'll see where we go from there.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:54 am

How about posting comments of substance about Elvis Presley himself - his music, his movies, his career. It is what the majority of us are here for and why the All Elvis section is popular. Not from EPE/Graceland/Sillerman/Priscilla clutter of which I have pointed out the appropriate area for you: Elvis In The Media!!

In 2008 you wrote: "it seems that what I like about Elvis isn't liked by many others, ie the remixes or the new development plans for Graceland and Las Vegas. Over at the TCB forum they don't like to talk about that stuff"

Well I got news for you, it's not the culture here either.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:57 am

Moderator1 wrote:We have youtube videos and photographs posted in this section and they don't belong here either.

Really, this is a mod function - to move such threads to the appropriate areas.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:01 am

Though i don't always agree on what you post, don't let it get to you, it is not worth it.
Besides, new fans... we should be thankful for them , especially the younger generations.
We could try and learn from eachother...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 am

Matthew wrote:

How about posting comments of substance about Elvis Presley himself - his music, his movies, his career. It is what the majority of us are here for and why the All Elvis section is popular. Not from EPE/Graceland/Sillerman/Priscilla clutter of which I have pointed out the appropriate area for you: Elvis In The Media!!

In 2008 you wrote: "it seems that what I like about Elvis isn't liked by many others, ie the remixes or the new development plans for Graceland and Las Vegas. Over at the TCB forum they don't like to talk about that stuff"

I understand what you are saying however Priscilla did make other comments like Elvis recording more gospel, becoming a preacher if he lived and having the first cell phone.

So it's not like elvisalic's previous posts that have to do with the promotion or changing of Elvis' image through Sillerman/EPE to get younger fans.
So cut elvisalic some slack on this one.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:04 am

Matthew wrote:

The mods already told you once, if you don't like what I post then don't read it or click on it. Simple as that. You're only asking for trouble or arguments by replying to something that you have no interest in.

And I got news for you too, I don't care what you like or don't like that I post. You don't make the rules neither do I. If you don't like it then tough. Move on to the next thread. That goes for all of you that got an issue with me and what I like or post about.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:05 am

brian wrote:I understand what you are saying however Priscilla did make other comments like Elvis recording more gospel, becoming a preacher if he lived and having the first cell phone.

Priscilla divorced Elvis in 1973, forgive me if I don't take her as an authority on what Elvis may have done had he lived.

Preacher indeed, that would have involved quite the lifestyle shift!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 am

Matthew wrote:
brian wrote:I understand what you are saying however Priscilla did make other comments like Elvis recording more gospel, becoming a preacher if he lived and having the first cell phone.

Priscilla divorced Elvis in 1973, forgive me if I don't take her as an authority on what Elvis may have done had he lived.

Oh but you do his bodyguards who stabbed him in the back after he died? :roll:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 am

elvisallc wrote:The mods already told you once, if you don't like what I post then don't read it or click on it. Simple as that. You're only asking for trouble or arguments by replying to something that you have no interest in.

And I got news for you too, I don't care what you like or don't like that I post. You don't make the rules neither do I. If you don't like it then tough. Move on to the next thread. That goes for all of you that got an issue with me and what I like or post about.

Matthew wrote:How about posting comments of substance about Elvis Presley himself - his music, his movies, his career.

Today is as good a time as any to start...

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 am

elvisallc wrote:Oh but you do his bodyguards who stabbed him in the back after he died? :roll:

Do I?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:11 am

Really, this is a mod function - to move such threads to the appropriate areas.

And you are not a Moderator of this forum either so therefore the team would appreciate you not telling members or the staff that run it what they can and cannot do or post on this forum.That is OUR job.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:11 am

Matthew wrote:

That's not the point

It's about what Priscilla said Elvis would be doing if he were still alive so it's not another EPE/Sillerman commercial.
it's actually more Elvis related.

I don't agree with Priscilla that Elvis would've become a preacher either.

Just because Elvis didn't have the proper lifestyle doesn't mean he wouldn't of become a preacher just look at Jimmy Swaggart.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:13 am

Matthew wrote:
elvisallc wrote:The mods already told you once, if you don't like what I post then don't read it or click on it. Simple as that. You're only asking for trouble or arguments by replying to something that you have no interest in.

Matthew wrote:How about posting comments of substance about Elvis Presley himself - his music, his movies, his career.

If you would quit being sarcastic and actually READ my posts now and then you will see that I do talk about his music, his movies, his concerts, etc. But you're too busy being a creep to realize that.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:15 am

elvisallc wrote:
Matthew wrote:

If you would quit being sarcastic and actually READ my posts now and then you will see that I do talk about his music, his movies, his concerts, etc.

Lets get the original topic back on track shall we.