In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi - did elvis ever mention who his fav singer was

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:03 pm

hi sandi ,

many thanks for your time in answering these post , you got to do what we can only dream of meeting the king of r'n'r . and also i commend you on taking the time to answer these question no matter how crazy they may be , thanks , i was just wondering if elvis ever said or listened to a particuler artist at anytime . to me elvis is the best , but i wonder who he liked music wise . thanks randall

Re: Sandi - did elvis ever mention who his fav singer was

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Good question.

No doubt a bunch of different names spring to mind: Tom Jones, Peter, Paul and Mary, Roy Hamilton, Jake Hess, Vicki Carr ...

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:16 am

yea doc i was thinking of some of the singers from era's , i was always curious if elvis ever commented on who he really thought was cool . i have interview's were he talk's about differnt singers but just out of curiosty did elvis ever say wow , i think so and so is cool .

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:22 am

I bet,Brook Benton is in there...Frankie Laine.....

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:56 pm

One name that immediately jumps out: Roy Orbison

Kinda surprised he wasn't the first to be mentioned.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:06 pm

I read somewhere that Elvis admired Mario Lanza.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Cryogenic wrote:One name that immediately jumps out: Roy Orbison

Kinda surprised he wasn't the first to be mentioned.

Elvis clearly loved Roy, but the ones that spring to mind immediately are those who first sparked his interest, or from whom he drew the most inspiration.

Hope you had a nice vacation!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Hope you had a nice vacation!

WTF?

Don't start degrading threads addressed to Sandi with your personal crap, please.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you never responded to my posts, my person or any part of my being ever again.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:10 am

Cryogenic wrote:Also, I'd appreciate it if you never responded to my posts, my person or any part of my being ever again.

The first is certainly possible, the second and third are impossible without some help from Rob.

XOXOXO!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 am

Jackie Wilson and Anne Murray have been cited as his favourite male and female singers, respectively, but I'd like to know more details about that.

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 am

Can't leave out Dean Martin!!

Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:56 am

Elvis was a fan, and great friend of Glen Campbell, they came from similar backgrounds, and were very at ease in each others company, I am fortunate enough to be a personal friend of the 'Campbells', and have had some wonderful, Elvis & Glen stories relayed to me, maybe Ill get the time to share some on here soon!!!

Wed May 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Roy Hamilton should be one of his favourites.