In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi: Reading Glasses?

Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Sandi! I'll keep this one short and sweet ... Did you ever see Elvis in his reading glasses? And do any photos exist?

Re: Sandi: Reading Glasses?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 am

Cryogenic wrote:Hi Sandi! I'll keep this one short and sweet ... Did you ever see Elvis in his reading glasses? And do any photos exist?

I never took any photos of him wearing his prescription glasses (other than some of his sunglasses which were rx glasses) He really didn't use his reading glasses that often so I'm guessing his eyes weren't all that bad when it came to reading. Just a guess...

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:19 pm

What did his reading glasses look like?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Monique wrote:What did his reading glasses look like?

I remember two pairs - one was dark brown frames and they were a rectangle shape - not very large. The other pair was rimless - rather non' descript. He'd sit and watch tv and chew on those (the side piece) EEww! LOL!

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 pm

LOL!

Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks for the response(s), Sandi!

Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:56 am

DutchLA wrote:

I remember two pairs - one was dark brown frames and they were a rectangle shape - not very large. The other pair was rimless - rather non' descript. He'd sit and watch tv and chew on those (the side piece) EEww! LOL!

Hope he took them off first !

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:38 pm

I've seen pics of him wearing them, circa stay away joe era. I can't remember where though...

Here we go. It's a screen cap, I believe

Last edited by minni1 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:43 pm

He wears them in the home movies on the set of Stay away Joe

Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:17 am

DutchLA wrote:

Are these the brown ones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.