In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi: Did Elvis wear slippers?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:23 am

Simple question. Did he wear slippers at Hillcrest, or go barefoot or in socks? Or did he wear boots/shoes in the house?

Re: Sandi: Did Elvis wear slippers?

Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Simple question. Did he wear slippers at Hillcrest, or go barefoot or in socks? Or did he wear boots/shoes in the house?

**All of the above. In Palm springs he'd go barefoot quite often; seemed to stay more dressed up at Hillcrest. And yes he wore slippers - had the same pair in Palm SPrings over the years - brown suede-like ones with red plaid flannel lining!

Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:57 pm

DutchLA wrote:
Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Simple question. Did he wear slippers at Hillcrest, or go barefoot or in socks? Or did he wear boots/shoes in the house?

**All of the above. In Palm springs he'd go barefoot quite often; seemed to stay more dressed up at Hillcrest. And yes he wore slippers - had the same pair in Palm SPrings over the years - brown suede-like ones with red plaid flannel lining!

There we go.........just a normal regular guy. Bless!!!

Deb

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 pm

This is not a question I have ever pondered, even for a second. But, what the hell!

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:03 am

I'm wondering if he ever slept in a hair net.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:43 am

Rob wrote:I'm wondering if he ever slept in a hair net.

Excellent LMAO :lol:

Thanks Sandi.
I like to ask about the human side of Elvis. This is where we get into his head a little more and can relate to him as ..well, as Deb put it, a regular guy.

:)

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:44 am

But Elvis was no ordinary guy.

Sure, he was human, but he was also extraordinary.

Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:But Elvis was no ordinary guy.

But not while he was wearing slippers ..... :smt005

(Sorry SLGM but "that one takes the cake".)

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:10 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:But Elvis was no ordinary guy.

Never a truer word said Doc :smt006