All posts with more than 3000 Hits, prior to 2008

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:49 pm

This was/is a great thread, thanks Greg for starting it and re-starting it two years later!

And what do you know, I just now discovered I was one of the winners of a CD from the fabulous Mr Tallhair... I posted several times on this thread, but never checked back again, so I completely missed the fact that I had won a CD! :lol: :cry: Hey, Ger, is it too late?

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:11 pm

Hi there :D :D :D.

Another Top Ten Import Lp, Viva Las Vegas Lucky LR 711. This is the one 8), that RCA should have released at the time the original Viva las Vegas extended play was used. It really would have been a big seller. Beautiful :!:, and the way Lp soundtracks covers were made in the sixties :smt038. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi there :D :D :D!!.

One more very rare and beautiful import lp release of Welcome In Germany ROMA VICTORIA LPM-11058 8). Only 150 copies made :!:, and it sure ranks in the Top Five All Time import releases. Outstanding layout from the gatefold style lp cover with colours pictures to a very interesting huge booklet :smt041. This gatefold cover reminds me a lot of RCA A Date With Elvis lp, this could have been a good substitute. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:54 pm

'Loving You'. I remember making a drawing of it whilst sitting in class at school. I still have the drawing. Great cover. Elvis at his moody, magnificent best sporting that fantastic haircut.

Brian :D

Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:02 am

Clue on the left.

Steve Morse

Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:55 am

Best import album for me is Rockin' New Years Eve in Pittsburgh 1976. Amazing sound quality for an audience recording.

My preference of the two versions is the Auld Lang Syne set.

DJL

Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 pm

Yes, that first Pittsburgh one is very cool, if primitive in many ways. I'd have to warm up to the other one , but the design is better, probably.

Yes, that Loving You cover is dreamy, err super cool. There's something appealing about it, even for guys. I wanted to look like that -and tried for years in school in the '70s and '80s. :lol:

Axeman wrote:
Marco Aurelio wrote:Image
Does someone know the date of the Moody Blue cover art ?? I donĀ“t know who asked but I also would like to know...

The front cover shot was weird to me as a kid, which I was when it came out. It always looks like a shark or something bit Elvis' leg off just above the knee, and his hand in the pic was more like an incomplete leg!
Ah the things one thinks of when you're seven...I don't think it helped that "Jaws" was on HBO that summer too...

Axe

Funny! I thought weird things like that as a kid. If only I had asked someone... :shock:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re:

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Sounds like a damned cool t-shirt, K-Hoots. I have to admit that EPE's catalog has some better-than-expected t-shirts in there in the last few years.

JonRomanovich wrote:My fave LP is This Is Elvis. I was 10 when this was released, and the movie when aired on TV is what turned me into an Elvis fan. Although both the movie and Lp are highly criticized by some fans, it got this young guy into nothing but the king (and the Beatles and KISS LOL). I bought a bootleg of this lp on CD and it sounded like pure crap. I hope one day a real one comes out.

For all the documentary's faults, it's still one of my favorites and I remember its release, its repeated showings on TV and the album very well. My now deceased older brother enthusiastically moved home from living in California, telling me how cool it was to see basically an Elvis movie on the big screen and with that album in hand. Stupidly, I later unloaded this album in the mid-'90s during the CD boom years, thinking the boxsets were enough! Never unload your memories if you can help it! :D

I rather like the stark design. They could have done a lot worse and I credit them for using a black and white '50s photo with that striking red..!

Re: What is your fave Elvis Lp cover art ...and memories of it?

Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:50 pm

I still have all of my Elvis vinyl (original and reissues). But many years ago I foolishly gave my Elvis photos (you know the ones that came inside various albums) to a now long ago ex girlfriend. The stupid things you do when you're in love!

I fondly remember seeing "This Is Elvis" in the theater back in the day. A month or so back I actually pulled out the vinyl and gave it a spin. Great memories.

Fave Elvis LP cover art? I'd have to go with Gold Records Vol 2. But Elvis Presley; Elvis (2nd album); Elvis (TV Special); From Elvis In Memphis and This Is Elvis would all be in my Top 10.

Re: What is your fave Elvis Lp cover art ...and memories of it?

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 am

JerryNodak wrote:I still have all of my Elvis vinyl (original and reissues).
But many years ago I foolishly gave my Elvis photos (you know the ones that came inside various albums) to a now long ago ex girlfriend.
The stupid things you do when you're in love!
I fondly remember seeing "This Is Elvis" in the theater back in the day.
A month or so back I actually pulled out the vinyl and gave it a spin.
Great memories.

Strange how they always fight shy of a CD version !