In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Sandi - what was elvis' fav snack

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 pm

hi sandi ,

many thanks for the answer to the elvis fav pop question , i was just wondering what his fav snack was , did he like potato chips or was he a popcorn guy . thanks

Re: Sandi - what was elvis' fav snack

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:19 pm

elviscollector101 wrote:... many thanks for the answer to the elvis fav pop question , i was just wondering what his fav snack was , did he like potato chips or was he a popcorn guy . thanks

I always wondered if he liked Hostess Twinkies, CupCakes, Suzy Q's, Hohos, Ding Dongs or Donettes ...

http://hostesscakes.com/

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:22 am

elviscollector101 wrote:hi sandi ,

many thanks for the answer to the elvis fav pop question , i was just wondering what his fav snack was , did he like potato chips or was he a popcorn guy . thanks

He liked snacky foods just like everyone else but sometimes he'd get hook on a particular food and eat it constantly - for awhile it was green popsicles,(they had to be the green ones!!!) another time Pound cake with a can of peaches poured over the top, he liked ice cream alot. He called it Iddy Cream I don't remember ever seeing hostess cakes or similar things in the house though.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:27 am

Lately I have been devouring Klondike Bars -- I'll bet Elvis would have loved them:

http://www.klondikebar.com/Freezer/#/products

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:29 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Lately I have been devouring Klondike Bars -- I'll bet Elvis would have loved them:

YUMMMMMM it's 105 degrees here right now so that looks mighty good!

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 am

Currently, at my local Lucky's, you can get two boxes of six for $6.00!!

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Lately I have been devouring Klondike Bars -- I'll bet Elvis would have loved them:

DJC, I'm with you on the Klondikes. I just went through a box of the Reese's ones and a box of the Heath Bars ones. I think they're not putting enough bars in there.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 am

DutchLA wrote:
elviscollector101 wrote:hi sandi ,

He liked snacky foods just like everyone else but sometimes he'd get hook on a particular food and eat it constantly - for awhile it was green popsicles,(they had to be the green ones!!!) another time Pound cake with a can of peaches poured over the top, he liked ice cream alot. He called it Iddy Cream I don't remember ever seeing hostess cakes or similar things in the house though.

"iddy Cream" :lol: Fantastic!

Now there's something you won't find in a book! Thanks Sandi! ::rocks

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:07 am

IMETJB wrote:Now there's something you won't find in a book! Thanks Sandi! ::rocks

Actually, not true.

In at least one biography you'll read about how girlfriend Linda Thompson learned all kinds of special words, including "iddy tream."

They were from his childhood, and sometimes he and Linda would converse exclusively in this language.

Some examples:

Milk = "butch"
Water = "duckling"
Pepsi = "bellywash"
Banana pudding = "naner pudding"
Beautiful things = "pretties"
Tiny feet = "sooties"

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:17 am

Trust the Doc!

8)

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:25 am

Sandi probably knows more.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:11 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
IMETJB wrote:Now there's something you won't find in a book! Thanks Sandi! ::rocks

Actually, not true.

In at least one biography you'll read about how girlfriend Linda Thompson learned all kinds of special words, including "iddy tream."

They were from his childhood, and sometimes he and Linda would converse exclusively in this language.

Some examples:

Milk = "butch"
Water = "duckling"
Pepsi = "bellywash"
Banana pudding = "naner pudding"
Beautiful things = "pretties"
Tiny feet = "sooties"

"scooters" were bugs
"chicky skin" were goosebumps

Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:31 am

A new owner-operated cupcake shop opened a few months ago. I suggested to the owner she should make a cupcake Elvis would've liked...banana cake with peanut butter icing! She created her own recipe and sells them daily. They are great! She says they are also very popular sellers. Her sign for them calls them "Funky Monkey".

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:18 am

Steve G wrote:A new owner-operated cupcake shop opened a few months ago. I suggested to the owner she should make a cupcake Elvis would've liked...banana cake with peanut butter icing! She created her own recipe and sells them daily. They are great! She says they are also very popular sellers. Her sign for them calls them "Funky Monkey".

AKA Monkey Spunk! Sorry, thats Vegemite.