Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Poll ended at Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:22 pm

Hurt
4
14%
Never again
1
4%
Blue eyes crying in the rain
3
11%
Danny boy
7
25%
The last farewell
0
No votes
For the heart
5
18%
Bitter they are, harder they fall
2
7%
Solitaire
1
4%
Love coming down
3
11%
I´ll never fall in love again
2
7%
 
Total votes : 28

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:20 am

Lennart wrote:"For the heart" got my vote!

Lennart

Right on! Call it what you want, it's rock 'n' roll to me!

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 pm

How can junk such as "For the Heart" get five votes? It’s unquestionably the poorest track on the album. To call that silly excuse of a song rock ’n’ roll is an insult to the genre. The song goes nowhere in mid-tempo, and Elvis’s vocal is totally uninspired. It bores me to death.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:23 pm

FOR THE HEART is a good track but I prefer the "Platinum" out-take (I think it´s take #1). It has a nice Rockabilly feel.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:15 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:How can junk such as "For the Heart" get five votes? It’s unquestionably the poorest track on the album. To call that silly excuse of a song rock ’n’ roll is an insult to the genre. The song goes nowhere in mid-tempo, and Elvis’s vocal is totally uninspired. It bores me to death.


It's definitely my least favourite on the album and it would have been better on Moody Blue instead of It's Easy For You which should have been on BLVD.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:08 pm

Blue eyes cryin in the rain for me....Album favourite

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:How can junk such as "For the Heart" get five votes?

It's a little something called 'personal preference', Ken.

If all Elvis fans had the same tastes, what a boring place this would be.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:How can junk such as "For the Heart" get five votes? It’s unquestionably the poorest track on the album. To call that silly excuse of a song rock ’n’ roll is an insult to the genre. The song goes nowhere in mid-tempo, and Elvis’s vocal is totally uninspired. It bores me to death.


Well, I like it! It´s not one of his greatest songs, that´s for sure but it´s still very good song about 10 times better then Never again which is the poorest song on that album.

Danny boy, Hurt and Blue eyes crying in the rain are the other songs I like on this album, the rest varies from decent to poor.

All in my opinion of course.

Lonely Summer wrote:
Lennart wrote:"For the heart" got my vote!

Lennart

Right on! Call it what you want, it's rock 'n' roll to me!


YES!

Lennart

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:04 am

SLGM, what you suggest there is impossible.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:19 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:How can junk such as "For the Heart" get five votes? It’s unquestionably the poorest track on the album. To call that silly excuse of a song rock ’n’ roll is an insult to the genre. The song goes nowhere in mid-tempo, and Elvis’s vocal is totally uninspired. It bores me to death.


A matter of taste, but I´m quite sure that "For the heart" would whip the ass off "Never again" if you asked 1000 random Elvis-fans (probably other music fans too).

Kind regards//Björn

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:25 pm

dreambear wrote:I´m quite sure that "For the heart" would whip the ass off "Never again"

Just out of curiosity, does "Never Again" have an ass?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:07 pm


!
midnightx:
Courtesy and Civility are Mandatory! Please stay on-topic. And please review our Reminder

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 am

Rob wrote:
dreambear wrote:I´m quite sure that "For the heart" would whip the ass off "Never again"

Just out of curiosity, does "Never Again" have an ass?

Thanks in advance.


It did have an ass the day I wrote about it, but "never again"....

Regards Björn

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 am

I much prefer Never Again to For The Heart...................

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:39 pm


!
midnightx:
Courtesy and Civility are Mandatory! Please stay on-topic. And please review our Reminder

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:35 am

BigredG
I much prefer FOR THE HEART to NEVER AGAIN... :wink:

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:26 pm

jeanno wrote:BigredG
I much prefer FOR THE HEART to NEVER AGAIN... :wink:


That's ok Jeanno.

Let's take a moment to celebrate diversity.

smt148

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:53 pm

I just watched the other poll about this album and it´s interesting. Hurt is the leader when you can pick many songs. When you´re only alowed to pick one song, it seems that Hurt won´t win here. But there´s still a few days left on this poll.

Kind regards

Björn

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:52 pm

dreambear wrote:I just watched the other poll about this album and it´s interesting. Hurt is the leader when you can pick many songs. When you´re only alowed to pick one song, it seems that Hurt won´t win here. But there´s still a few days left on this poll.

Kind regards

Björn


I was just thinking the exact same thing.

If this does not fully validate these polls then nothing can :lol:

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:31 pm

BigredG wrote:I was just thinking the exact same thing.
If this does not fully validate these polls then nothing can :lol:


Any poll is only as good as the people who refuse to participate in it.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Solitaire.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:33 am

Dreambear, if you hurry it up, you can have the next poll, Moody Blue, end August 16. That would be fitting indeed.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:43 am

Ken Jensen wrote:Dreambear, if you hurry it up, you can have the next poll, Moody Blue, end August 16. That would be fitting indeed.

The winning track will be a toss-up between Little Darlin' and Let Me Be There.

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 am

You can’t rule out "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)".

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:Dreambear, if you hurry it up, you can have the next poll, Moody Blue, end August 16. That would be fitting indeed.


Nice idea! And perhaps we can have the deadline on "Elvis in concert" on october 3 ... :)

Let´s see when I got the time, but my intention is actually to have the Moody blue poll ready late next week.

Kind regards!

Björn

Re: Best track on "From Elvis Presley Boulevard..." LP 1976

Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:36 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:You can’t rule out "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)".


It's easy for you to say this.