In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

SANDI: Elvis' lifestyle

Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:52 pm

Was Elvis' nocturnal lifestyle very much in evidence in LA as well as Memphis? Or did he get up in the mornings and sleep at night, even late at night?

Just wondering if there was any kind of typical day-to-day routine you picked up on or was it very spontaneous? Most people have routine i.e. up, breakfast, a bit of TV, dress, chores, lunch etc

The human side of Elvis is very intriguing to me as it's often overlooked. From meeting many of his "group" over the years, and realising how "normal" they all are, I'm guessing Elvis wasn't any different really.

Re: SANDI: Elvis' lifestyle

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:59 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Was Elvis' nocturnal lifestyle very much in evidence in LA as well as Memphis? Or did he get up in the mornings and sleep at night, even late at night?

Just wondering if there was any kind of typical day-to-day routine you picked up on or was it very spontaneous? Most people have routine i.e. up, breakfast, a bit of TV, dress, chores, lunch etc

The human side of Elvis is very intriguing to me as it's often overlooked. From meeting many of his "group" over the years, and realising how "normal" they all are, I'm guessing Elvis wasn't any different really.

**It really depends on what years you're talking about. When he was making movies he had a set schedule which was going to the studio between 7-10 in the morning and returning home between 5 and 6 at night.

Once he started playing Vegas his entire schedule switched to the nocturnal routine he's so well known for but again, that is due to him doing shows late at night - then he'd have the meet and greet's after the show, and then, by the time he was able to return to his suite, change, shower, and eat it was 3-4 in the morning, if not later.

Don't know what his schedule was like in Memphis between Vegas engagements but in LA and in Palm SPrings, he seemed to continue being up all night and then sleeping until mid-day.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:21 pm

did Pris or Linda adapt to same schedule

Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 am

riley wrote:did Pris or Linda adapt to same schedule

Whoever he was with had to adapt to his schedule.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 am

thanks Sandi