Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

Best track on "Today" LP 1975

Poll ended at Sat May 16, 2009 2:23 pm

T-R-O-U-B-L-E
16%
And I Love You So
29%
Susan When She Tried
6%
Woman Without Love
No votes
Shake A Hand
3%
Pieces Of My Life
32%
Fairytale
No votes
I Can Help
6%
Bringin' It Back
3%
Green, Green Grass Of Home
3%

Total votes : 31

Re: Best track on "Today" LP 1975

Thu May 14, 2009 1:02 am

And strangely there are no votes for Fairytale which was a dynamic, mid-late 70's show-stopper in concert.

Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 am

midnightx wrote:And strangely there are no votes for Fairytale which was a dynamic, mid-late 70's show-stopper in concert.

It's the nature of these polls to distort things somewhat.

'Green, Green Grass of Home' and 'Fairytale' might have been everyone's second or third choice.

But you can only vote for one song..............................

Thu May 14, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah, but that doesn’t explain how "Susan When She Tried" managed to receive two votes so far.

Thu May 14, 2009 1:38 am

Ken Jensen wrote:Yeah, but that doesn’t explain how "Susan When She Tried" managed to receive two votes so far.

Those 2 posters may have had 'Grass' or 'Fairytale' as their 2nd or 3rd choices...................

Thu May 14, 2009 1:46 am

Or they may have been too stoned to hit the right option.

Thu May 14, 2009 5:56 am

Or maybe they liked those best. Takes all kinds, and all those different tastes lead to the large number of people who like Elvis, for all the differing reasons that they like him. I happen to like every song on the album (as I've already said). I also think that "Misty" (with an arrangement similar to Ray Stevens') would have been a good fit for this album, and "Shame, Shame, Shame, Shame" by Mark Collie has some extreme similarity to "Shake A Hand"....

Mon May 18, 2009 10:32 am

A win for "Pieces of my life after unexpected hard competition from "And I love you so.

Thank for voting!

//Björn

Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

It’s June 2 already and no new poll? Come on, Dreambear, let’s get it over with. We’re all anxious for the next one.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24 pm

carolynlm
I took that one too (I CAN HELP): a little bit of fun in an ocean of country and western mediocrity.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:It’s June 2 already and no new poll? Come on, Dreambear, let’s get it over with. We’re all anxious for the next one.

Hi!

Awful lot´s of work to do and sick children at home at the moment. But the poll will be coming. I promise! Thank´s for asking! :)

//Björn

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:15 am

Easier to pick the one song I don't like, "Woman Without Love" (nicely sung, but just does nothing for me even if I excuse the somewhat misogynistic lyrics as being of the period), because I've always enjoyed the whole LP. If I had to pick, "T.R.O.U.B.L.E." would be the one, though "Pieces Of My Life" is a more aptly autobiographical song for Elvis than "My Way" ever was.