You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis-Inspired Or Elvis-Themed Movies

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:01 am

FELLOW FANS

I wanna make a list of all of the movies that have been made since 1977 in which:

1. Elvis serves as inspiration (my favorite is FINDING GRACELAND, with Harvey Keitel trying to convince a young man that he is the real Elvis with HK acting out a great "Suspicious Minds" scene); or

2. the movie has an Elvis-like theme (ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING or MYSTERY TRAIN); or

3. Elvis is a character in the movie (HEARTBREAK HOTEL); or

4. any such thing that should capture a fan's attention.

Secondary would be alla the movies where an Elvis recording is used in the soundtrack, from the obvious (MEN IN BLACK's great car chase scene) to the less well-known ("If I Can Dream" ending a movie about a haunted house, ghosts, and possession in THE SKELETON KEY). The common thread would be Elvis entering the mythology of popular culture.

Anyone interested?

NEAL UMPHRED

Re: Elvis-Inspired Or Elvis-Themed Movies

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:37 am

Would you be including tv 'films' ?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm

COLINB

Affirmative. And it does not have to be American television.

Dick Clark's oproduction, ELVIS, with Kirt Russell as an easily riled Elvis was excellent, or, at least that's how I remember it. On the other hand, Michael St. George's interpretation seemed saccharine at times, even if the series was rather faithful to history. Others?

NEAL

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:40 pm

The great 'Wild at Heart'.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 am

THXPHOTOG

I did not care for that first time 'round but have ordered if from my library for a second sit-through.

NEAL

Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:36 am

nealumphred wrote:
Michael St. George'shistory.

NEAL

I think you mean Michael St. Gerard?

Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:23 am

Mischief (1985)

GREAT movie. Has some references to Elvis, and includes the song "Don't Be Cruel".

Rich

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:28 am

Touched by love.....nice film

Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 am

i have a list of more than 400 Elvis-related films, including those which use his songs, mention him by name or have some obscure reference

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 pm

rickeap wrote:i have a list of more than 400 Elvis-related films, including those which use his songs, mention him by name or have some obscure reference

Post them.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:20 pm

I just watched the movie The Dark Knight, and they had a picture of EP (cape spread out) hanging on the wall of the police station I believe.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:19 am

You know I sometimes think I have a problem because like a father and son team down in Holly Springs I too record anything that even mentions the mans name or has a picture of him. Is that sick or what? I think I need to get a life.......

Rick, would love to see that list. That would be very useful

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Rick, please post the list. I'm a movie freak and gladly want to know if I've seen most of the titles you have.

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:13 am

here are a couple:

`ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE' (1994) Jim Carrey's breakthrough movie sees the oddball pet detective visit the home of a football star which he describes as his version of Graceland.

`ADVENTURES BEYOND BELIEF' (1987) See `Neat and Tidy'.

AGNES BROWNE' `Hey Elvis' is shouted at a long-haired Frenchman.

`ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES' (1996): Robin Williams adds a "thankyouverymuch" to the script.

ALIEN INTRUDER: The spaceship is called USS Presley

ALIEN AUTOPSY: (2007) A market vendor has multiple Elvis memorabilia items for sale and then later he and his partner travel to America to buy super rare Elvis live footage from 1954 (alas for fans it is only seen as regular 57 footage)

AMERICAN GUN (2006)

AMERICAN MOVIE' An Elvis wall hanging can be glimpsed briefly in Uncle Bill's trailer.