Chat talk and light discussion

Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Ok, it’s time to own up. Who amongst us hasn’t spent an idle moment wishing we could be the Doc? Bestriding the FECC forum like a colossus, descending on the thread of your choice armed with the correct answer and dispatching this knowledge with a knockout punch in the form of a well chosen caustic comment. Own up….we’re all guilty of course, so what’s been stopping us? Well, a good ten years reading every book going about Elvis and the history of popular music for a start. That’s true of course and there’s been no easy way around that I’m afraid, until now that is….

Yes, this is the moment we’ve all been waiting for: In conjunction with the admin. of the FECC messageboard, it’s my pleasure to announce a brand new game for your amusement and delectation:-

“QUOTE THE DOC”

Now for the very first time, you too, can experience that same rush of adrenaline by ‘being the Doc,’ using his very own words to post that eloquent put-down you’ve always admired. The rules are simple: Using the link provided below, (herein referred to as “the Bible”), you can select and post the phrase or one-liner of your choice to form an amusing sequence. However, I should remind you that it must be a genuine word for word quote and free from any form of editing which could undermine the original comment. In addition, all quotes should clearly state the correct date of the post from which they were sourced: e.g. (5/7/08).

The moderators have kindly agreed to monitor and supervise submissions and will be making random checks at intervals to ensure absolute compliance of these rules. Anyone caught cheating or abusing these rules will face an instant one week suspension from this game, with a lifetime ban an option for persistent offenders. So, are we all clear? Ok, off we go then, I’ll start you off….

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:00 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Everyone is stealing my best lines. I guess that's a mark of greatness!

This must be your #1 bookmark -->

search.php?author=drjohncarpenter&submit=Search

And I am certain you are not the only one!

(13/3/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Well, I don't want to be him, but he certainly can be entertaining as well as informative.

"It's what I do."

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Mike S wrote:Ok, it’s time to own up. Who amongst us hasn’t spent an idle moment wishing we could be the Doc?


I never wished I could be anybody else but me. 8)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:48 pm

Sorry Luuk, that kind of ironic comment is completely unacceptable. Look, just to re-iterate, it has to be a genuine quote accompanied by the date it was made (so that we can check you haven't just made it up). Now let's go back to Rob's post...which I've had to alter slightly in order for it to qualify.
Rob wrote:Thank you all.

"THIS what I do."

(10/1/09)

Sadly, your opinion isn't worth a whole lot.

(10/1/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Mike S wrote:Sorry Luuk, that kind of ironic comment is completely unacceptable.


It was not meant as ironic. I never had and never will have the desire to be anybody else than me.
So your suggestion that everybody has to own up that he/she once wanted to be like the doc was quite incorrect.

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Luuk wrote:It was not meant as ironic. I never had and never will have the desire to be anybody else than me.
So your suggestion that everybody has to own up that he/she once wanted to be like the doc was quite incorrect.

You're not getting this at all Luuk, perhaps you'd be better sticking to the Song Title Game for now and work up to this one?

Now let's try again....

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Honestly, I don't get some of you at all.

(10/1/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:31 pm

Give your corner-case, personal agenda diatribe a rest.

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Speak for yourself

(6/3/09)

Don't forget the date chaps!

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:16 pm

Mike S wrote:
Luuk wrote:It was not meant as ironic. I never had and never will have the desire to be anybody else than me.
So your suggestion that everybody has to own up that he/she once wanted to be like the doc was quite incorrect.

You're not getting this at all Luuk, perhaps you'd be better sticking to the Song Title Game for now and work up to this one?

Now let's try again....


That's one part of the forum I never visit. You obviously do not know me well, do you?
You suggested we all wish to be the doc at one point, I pointed out I don't want to be anybody else but me. Your assumption was wrong. That's it.

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:43 pm

Luuk wrote:You suggested we all wish to be the doc at one point, I pointed out I don't want to be anybody else but me. Your assumption was wrong. That's it.

You're straying way off-topic here, rendering your remark unnecessary.

If you wish to play, please keep to the aforesaid rules. Thank you.

Now where were we....

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:02 pm

Ha ha ha!

March 6th 2009


(Good job Doc doesn't come over this way so often)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Mike S wrote:You're not getting this at all Luuk, perhaps you'd be better sticking to the Song Title Game for now and work up to this one?


Your comparison is invalid.

Mike S wrote:Don't forget the date chaps!


Au contraire -- unlike you, I'm here for Elvis.

Mike S wrote:You're straying way off-topic here, rendering your remark unnecessary.


Try harder to express yourself, so we're not confused.

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Why would the moderators actually let this post continue? Mike S, do you hate the Doc so much that you have become infatuated with him? No matter if you like the guy or not, you can't deny he has alot of input that he has and will continue to have for all the members of FECC, if they ask

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:59 pm

MattConner wrote:Why would the moderators actually let this post continue? Mike S, do you hate the Doc so much that you have become infatuated with him? No matter if you like the guy or not, you can't deny he has alot of input that he has and will continue to have for all the members of FECC, if they ask


Matt :lol:

There is no way in Gods creation that Mike S is having a go at the Doc. He's just highlighting the fact that the Doc has some funny comebacks for posters that's all. It's not a dig -- it's a bit of fun.

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Whoosh

(2/26/09)


(P.S. Neither the administration/PEP/ or I officially endorse this thread. But. None-the-less.. Keep it clean... And have fun!)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Little Darlin wrote:There is no way in Gods creation that Mike S is having a go at the Doc. He's just highlighting the fact that the Doc has some funny comebacks for posters that's all. It's not a dig -- it's a bit of fun.

BINGO

(25/2/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:39 pm

kuenzer wrote:Try harder to express yourself, so we're not confused.

?

(27/2/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:47 pm

MattConner wrote:Why would the moderators actually let this post continue?

If we all work together, we can get this baby to 1,000 views

(27/2/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:53 pm

If we all work together, we can get this baby to 1,000 views

(27/2/09)


Birds of a feather...

(3/3/09)

-------------------------
Don't want to break the rules :lol: So I have a question Mike. Should the dates be in American format (2/27/09) or English (27/2/09)?????

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 pm

One expects some kind of karmic payback for such goodwill, and that ain't happening here.

(27/2/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:14 pm

Mike S wrote:One expects some kind of karmic payback for such goodwill, and that ain't happening here.

(27/2/09)


Your prior post -- to which my comment was implicitly directed -- indicates otherwise.
(2/27/09)

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Ok, sorry, I might have took this the wrong way then. I apologize to Mike.....

Re: Brand New Game:- "QUOTE THE DOC"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:17 pm

MattConner wrote:Ok, sorry, I might have took this the wrong way then. I apologize to Mike.....

No problem.

I will cut you the exact same amount of slack you have shown President Bill Clinton in your forum postings. Sound good?

(12/2/08)

(Re date listing: I'm easy, whatever's easier for you to police!)