In this section you can submit questions to people that knew Elvis, or to other important people in the Elvis World.

Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 am

Hello everybody

Here´s the link to our new interview that we did with Sandi Miller. He hope you enjoy reading it as much as we did :smt006

http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/ ... nglish.htm

TC,

Sergio Biston
Elvis Collectors Brasil

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:30 am

That was brilliant Sergio -- thanks to you and Sandi.

Sandi's stories are the reason I renew my Insiders membership every year.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:53 am

What a marvelous interview, Sergio!

The way Sandi ends the talk sums it all up:

I wish he would be remembered as the unique person he was, not only physically beautiful but he had a kind soul and heart and he was brilliant! I know that sounds sappy but I think a lot of people cannot look past the caricature that has been painted of him over the years.The overweight, drugged out Rock Star. I hate that because that was such a small part of his life and yet that seems to be what is always focused on...it drives me NUTS!

Of course he will always be remembered for the mark he left on music history so I won't even mention that because it's a given. His fans, of course, know what he has left us and what he meant to us, but I do wish the public - the media - those that are not diehard fans, I wish they knew how much more there was to this man and how everyone he met, he touched in some way. He was a life changer! Still is!

http://www.elvisbrasil.com.br/epbrasil/sandimillerenglish.htm


Sandi has always come across as one of the coolest, most honest fans/friends Elvis ever had -- no wonder he liked her so much. Thanks to both of you for that interview.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:00 am

I haven't attended Elvis Week for several years, but those are the types of stories you would hear from Elvis' friends, family and associates. You came away feeling that you were hearing about the real deal, beyond the same old recycled stories.

IIRC, this is the first mention of a Palm Springs trip in June of '77.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 am

elvisjock wrote:IIRC, this is the first mention of a Palm Springs trip in June of '77.

That caught my eye as well.

If Elvis went there, it had to be between June 3 and 16 -- or June 27 and 30 -- 1977.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 am

Wow. I REALLY enjoyed reading that interview.

Sergio and Sandi - thank you VERY much.

Rich

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:47 am

Excellent, thanks Sergio and Sandi!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:11 am

Great stuff! Who wouldn't want to be Sandi? Thank you Sandi (and Sergio) for generously sharing your stories with us all.
Helen

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 am

Very interesting and great stories, indeed! Thanks Sandi And Sergio!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 am

IIRC she has told about her last meeting w/ Elvis in June of '77 in Palm Springs on the Insiders board... LD is correct the thread on that board with her telling her stories & sharing her pictures are worth the admission alone. :D

JEFF d
EP fan

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:21 am

JEFF d wrote:LD is correct the thread on that board with her telling her stories & sharing her pictures are worth the admission alone. :D

I agree. I have saved all of her stories from the Insiders board, and translated some of those for our Finnish fan club mag. With Sandi´s permission, of course. Her stories are really marvelous, so funny and so touching.

JEFF d wrote:IIRC she has told about her last meeting w/ Elvis in June of '77 in Palm Springs on the Insiders board...

That´s right. Here´s what she said about that meeting on the Insiders board. I hope Sandi doesn´t mind me posting this here.

Never lost touch completely--things slowed down considerably after I got married and had kids but never stopped completely. Last time I saw Elvis was in Palm Springs in June of 1977 - he had a date with him (and no, it was not Ginger) even though he was "engaged". His mood was fantastic and he hinted that he had something up his sleeve - changes were coming and he was going to take some time off to get in shape and whatever it was he was talking about-he was definately excited about it all. I wish now we'd pushed for details although JD did offer some details a couple of years later when I spoke to him .

What's strange is I almost didn't go to Palm Springs that weekend when they called - I had tons of things that needed to be done but for some reason, something told me GO ... afterall I was in need of a Elvis fix ... I am now SO glad I did go because it was the last time I would ever see him again. I can still picture him standing at the doorway with that big ole grin on his face waving goodbye - and that's what sticks in my mind as if it were yesterday!

According to JD they had been in talks to do a Big Gospel Tour--something Elvis had wanted to do for a long time but was always met with opposition but apparently he wanted to do it bad enough that he and JD were making plans and JD had the connections etc. Now where the Col. figures into this is anyone's guess and I suppose we've all heard about the speculation that Elvis was going to drop his contract with the Col. and also drop several of the MM . Problem is - this is all heresay after Elvis' death so who knows. If Elvis were planning on cutting down his staff I think he is the only one who knew who was staying and who was going .... ditto with the Col. Another one of those things we will never know for sure even if Elvis did happen to mention details to someone, he was always changing his mind (and telling different peple different things) and it probably would have come down to his mood at the moment but I'm speculating also! So I guess we all just get to keep on guessing what would have been.


Sandi also attended a show during the last tour in June, but I don´t know if this Palm Springs meeting was before of after that. I´d be interested to know. I hope Sandi comes here soon to let us know.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:36 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
elvisjock wrote:IIRC, this is the first mention of a Palm Springs trip in June of '77.

That caught my eye as well.

If Elvis went there, it had to be between June 3 and 16 -- or June 27 and 30 -- 1977.


When the Lisa Marie first opened for tours, there was a mockup of a flight status monitor in the reception area. The screen displayed the aircraft's flight log from Elvis' first flight in '75 through the funeral, IIRC. I remember seeing a Spring '77 trip to Vegas, but don't remember anything about Palm Springs.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Great interview with Sandi. Thanks for posting it. I always enjoy reading her stories on the Insiders board, too. I especially loved her story about the older couple in California.

How many of us would believe Elvis would do what he did?

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Tried to post this before but it didn't go thru.

Anyway, regarding seeing him in June of 77, I checked my journal and unfortunately no exact date was written- I just wrote *June 1977.* I do remember that Elvis flew in one day and left the next day - short trip! He was with two men I'd never seen before and although he introduced them, it wasn't important enough to me at the time to make note of it. If I had it to do over, I'd do more than just write down the month and the year - I'd be putting down exact dates and times NOW. Hindsight sucks! Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:04 pm

It's a fantastic interview.

I liked the (second hand) story about Elvis' reaction to Aloha. Very interesting!

And going on his own to check on a couple of old fans? What a story!

Sandi's pictures of Elvis with the yellow shirt in the car from 1969 are some of my favourites, too. E just looks AMAZING.

We're very lucky to have someone like Ms Miller sharing all this stuff.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Fantastic interview, thank you.

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Great interview, seems a genuine lady,who thought a lot of Elvis. Nice to see.
Deb

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Great interview!! Sandi is, hands down, the most genuine person who was close to Elvis.
Her memories are exquisite. I only wish I had some as well. Thanks Sandi!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:46 pm

Great interview!
Thanks for sharing Sergio and thanks for telling us Sandi!

Lennart

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:51 pm

DutchLA wrote:Tried to post this before but it didn't go thru.

Anyway, regarding seeing him in June of 77, I checked my journal and unfortunately no exact date was written- I just wrote *June 1977.* I do remember that Elvis flew in one day and left the next day - short trip! He was with two men I'd never seen before and although he introduced them, it wasn't important enough to me at the time to make note of it. If I had it to do over, I'd do more than just write down the month and the year - I'd be putting down exact dates and times NOW. Hindsight sucks! Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Thanks for this update, Sandi.

Question: did you see any shows on the last tour (June 17-26)? Or the one before (May 20-June 2)?

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:20 am

Thanks Sergio
Sandi great to read your stories !
Looking forward to B T I 3

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 am

Thank you all very much for such positive feedbacks ::rocks
I got to say that this was one of the most deligthful interviews we made, not only because Sandi is an honest person but also because she offered a fresh perspective of Elvis, way beyond formulaic responses. Sandi really care for Elvis and it shows in the interview.
To read stories like the ones of the old couple and the girl who was felting unconfortable shows a bright side of Elvis that is not always remembered as it should be.

I have also to give a thank you to the Doc, who pointed to me that Sandi was a member of this great forum, something that I didn´t know :shock:

Best regards to all,

Sergio

Elvis Collectors Brasil

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:26 am

Sergio Luiz wrote:I have also to give a thank you to the Doc, who pointed to me that Sandi was a member of this great forum, something that I didn´t know ...

Always happy to help the good members of FECC!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:55 am

Wow, that was very interesting to read.
Thanks a lot Sergio!

Re: Interview With Sandi Miller

Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
DutchLA wrote:Tried to post this before but it didn't go thru.

Anyway, regarding seeing him in June of 77, I checked my journal and unfortunately no exact date was written- I just wrote *June 1977.* I do remember that Elvis flew in one day and left the next day - short trip! He was with two men I'd never seen before and although he introduced them, it wasn't important enough to me at the time to make note of it. If I had it to do over, I'd do more than just write down the month and the year - I'd be putting down exact dates and times NOW. Hindsight sucks! Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more specific.

Thanks for this update, Sandi.

Question: did you see any shows on the last tour (June 17-26)? Or the one before (May 20-June 2)?


Question: what's your secret to staying young and gorgeous? I may be a bloke, but I still wanna know!

P.S. That's a question for Sandi, not The Doc! :oops: