Post here your Elvis' pictures

INTERNATIONAL HOTEL 1969

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 pm

Again a rare photo from my collection.

By interest:
mike.edwards@gmx.de
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: INTERNATIONAL HOTEL 1969

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:04 pm

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:22 pm

Would love to see the 'shots' from the photographers in the foreground of this picture.

RKS

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:46 am

Where was he off to? Was this en route to the August 1 press conference?

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Where was he off to? Was this en route to the August 1 press conference?

No.

The suit in this pic is chocolate brown. I have it in colour in a magazine somewhere.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:48 am

Scott wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Where was he off to? Was this en route to the August 1 press conference?

No.

The suit in this pic is chocolate brown. I have it in colour in a magazine somewhere.

Looks too light even in monochrome, too, and there's no scarf. If this is the same series as the fairly widely disseminated pictures of Elvis in the brown suit, there were some great photos taken on that day. Of course, Elvis rarely ever took anything but a great picture...

Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:51 am

It is brown, trust me. Here are some others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 am

When Myrna Smith described her first meeting with Elvis during this first Vegas engagement, she said he was wearing a chocolate suit and a tan.......... :wink:

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:09 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
Would love to see the 'shots' from the photographers in the foreground of this picture.

RKS

Scott,

The first and third color pics you posted above must be from the photographer on the right.

Ask and you shall receive. Good work!

Thanks,
RKS

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:08 pm

On his way to attend a show as seen in these pics.
Could it be that Elvis and Priscilla attended a Barbara Streisand show while Elvis was in town rehearsing for his upcoming show??
6908xx-Las Vegas-13.jpg

6908xx-Las Vegas-14.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:37 pm

bripet56 wrote:On his way to attend a show as seen in these pics.
Could it be that Elvis and Priscilla attended a Barbara Streisand show while Elvis was in town rehearsing for his upcoming show??
6908xx-Las Vegas-13.jpg

6908xx-Las Vegas-14.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

You could be right Brian!

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Well that's raised my Blood Pressure for Today -- thanks guys!! :lol:

DROP DEAD BLOODY GORGEOUS

brown3.jpg

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:49 pm

It's unbelievable that this is the same guy who not too long before did "Clambake"

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:12 pm

I have always thought that the pics of Priscilla and Elvis at Barbara's concert were a little curious. Elvis has this 'the cat that ate the canary look' on his face and certainly in his eyes. A bit naughty, I think.........

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:25 am

bripet56 wrote:On his way to attend a show as seen in these pics.

Or could it be that he was attending a show the same night he left Vegas:

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:47 am

If he's en route to a show, it would make much more sense for it to have been for Nancy Sinatra's big opening at the International on August 29.

This would explain the preponderance of photographers before the program began, and unscore the fact that Elvis was still occupying his suite on the 30th floor of the hotel -- he is clearly taking the back way to the showroom.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:56 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:If he's en route to a show, it would make much more sense for it to have been for Nancy Sinatra's big opening at the International on August 29.

He wore a black/navy suit that night - with a blue scarf - so I'd suggest not.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:09 am

Celebrities often change clothes between events, so your assumption could well be wrong.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:If he's en route to a show, it would make much more sense for it to have been for Nancy Sinatra's big opening at the International on August 29.

No, what I mean is.....

Could it not be that he left Vegas after this show.
So yes the photo's are from the showroom backdoor entering the show, but the picture in the plane are taken after the show...leaving Vegas.....

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Celebrities often change clothes between events, so your assumption could well be wrong.

Considering we have photos before and after the event, in the black/navy suit, I'd suggest not. And he wasn't between events.

The brown suit pics may very well have been the same night, but I find it hard to believe Elvis would change suits just to watch a show then change back again.
Last edited by Scott on Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:14 am

I would guess that the brown suit was worn when he went to see Barbara before he began his engagement, and Nancy after he finished his engagement. Even the length of his hair is somewhat longer by the end of his run in Vegas. The pictures of the brown suit have a shorter hair style and would explain his appearance with Priscilla as he looks somewhat uncomfortable, possibly nerves as he contemplates his own show. For Nancy's show, he looks much more relaxed and quite happy, probably because the long engagement was finally over and very successful.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 am

bethann wrote:I would guess that the brown suit was worn when he went to see Barbara before he began his engagement, and Nancy after he finished his engagement.

I'd say you're right.

The brown suit booth pics are from seeing Streisand, so it stands to reason.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 am

Scott wrote:
bethann wrote:I would guess that the brown suit was worn when he went to see Barbara before he began his engagement, and Nancy after he finished his engagement.

I'd say you're right.

The brown suit booth pics are from seeing Streisand, so it stands to reason.

WOW!!!!!!!! Finally got one right!!! Is there some award associated with this 'win'? Maybe like a backstage pass to one of his shows......... :smt005

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 pm

I also think that it's most logic that the photos in the brown suit are from attending the Barbara Streisand show. So now we just gotta find out when Elvis went to see Streisand.

E-Cat, the photo of Elvis in the plane shows him in a brown shirt type of thing with three buttons in front. Same one he wore when meeting Tom Jones. So these photos has nothing at all to do with the ones from Las Vegas.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:26 pm

In regards to the Streisand show, I wonder if this is the outfit he had on when painting Barbara's toenails!