Post here your Elvis' pictures

INFO ABOUT A 70`s CANDID

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Does anyone know where this photo came from?????
I got this photo several month now.

By interest:
mike.edwards@gmx.de
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: INFO ABOUT A 70`s CANDID

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:46 am

Holy sh i t! What a frickin'awesome candid, postelvis!

Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 am

God damn!!, get that text out of the way and enlarge, one of the coolest pix this year! :D

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:48 pm

postelvis wrote:Does anyone know where this photo came from?????
I got this photo several month now.

By interest:
mike.edwards@gmx.de

I think it's from June 23, 1974 on his way to perform his evening show in Philadelphia

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 am

Paul! Then it would have to be the evening show, but both Joe and Jerry's clothes are not matching with any of the photos in your candid section, so unless you've got those photos dated wrong..it can't be June 23.

Eivind

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Eivind wrote:Paul! Then it would have to be the evening show, but both Joe and Jerry's clothes are not matching with any of the photos in your candid section, so unless you've got those photos dated wrong..it can't be June 23.

Eivind

You are right - now to figure out the date...

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:10 pm

I think there are 2 possibilities, either from Tour 3 (June 15 - July 2) or even from Tour 2.
See also Candid Central's picture below from May / June, where both Vernon and Joe seem to wearing the same attire as in the picture as posted above.

Below the dates when Elvis wore the American Eagle suit in this period:

Tour 2 - 1974:
May 11 - Los Angeles (8:30pm)

Tour 3 - 1974:
June 16 - Ft.Worth (8:30 pm)
June 17 - Baton Rouge (8:30 pm)
June 23 - Philadelphia (8:30 pm) - not likely as mentioned above by Eivind
June 25 - Columbus (8:00 pm)
June 29 - Kansas City (3:00 pm) - not likely as the picture seem to be taken in the evening ?
July 01 - Omaha (8:30 pm) - not very likely as both Red and Joe wore different shirts in Omaha

The open dates could be the date for your picture. But to me more accurate, more info is needed:

- where the 'yellow buttons' specific for Tour 3 ? If so, we can skip May 11th as a likely date.
- is this a picture of Elvis enroute to his performance or after his show
- Perhaps you can post a bigger version, because the white uniforms may also give a clue.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Elvis in that day is wearing a diff belt in my opinion

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:25 pm

E-Cat wrote: - is this a picture of Elvis enroute to his performance or after his show.

Since Presley' scarf is intact inside his jumpsuit then he is enroute to his performance!

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 pm

Tour 2 - 1974:
May 11 - Los Angeles (8:30pm) Can't be this date - he wore an Aloha style belt, not the original

Tour 3 - 1974:
June 16 - Ft.Worth (8:30 pm) According to pics on Fransesc's site, for the 4 shows in Ft Worth, he wore the peackcock for the matinee, then the blue rainbow for the evening of the 15th, then on the 16th he wore the inca suit for the matinee and the aqua phoenix suit for the evening.
June 17 - Baton Rouge (8:30 pm) - possible - right belt / suit combo.June 23 - Philadelphia (8:30 pm) - not likely as mentioned above by Eivind
June 25 - Columbus (8:00 pm) possible - right suit / belt combo.
June 29 - Kansas City (3:00 pm) - not likely as the picture seem to be taken in the evening ?
July 01 - Omaha (8:30 pm) - not very likely as both Red and Joe wore different shirts in Omaha

So, perhaps we can narrow it down to either the 17th, or 25th June?

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 am

DarrylMac wrote:
Tour 2 - 1974:
May 11 - Los Angeles (8:30pm) Can't be this date - he wore an Aloha style belt, not the original

Tour 3 - 1974:
June 16 - Ft.Worth (8:30 pm) According to pics on Fransesc's site, for the 4 shows in Ft Worth, he wore the peackcock for the matinee, then the blue rainbow for the evening of the 15th, then on the 16th he wore the inca suit for the matinee and the aqua phoenix suit for the evening.
June 17 - Baton Rouge (8:30 pm) - possible - right belt / suit combo.June 23 - Philadelphia (8:30 pm) - not likely as mentioned above by Eivind
June 25 - Columbus (8:00 pm) possible - right suit / belt combo.

So, perhaps we can narrow it down to either the 17th, or 25th June?

That might be it Darryl. But would love to see at better / bigger photo for more details. Another question; can someone take a look at the candid photos from Pauls site dated june 24 1974 (leaving his hotel in Philadelphia) these are the two links:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ppy74.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 62474.html

It's my impression that these photos are supposed to be from the same time frame (leaving the hotel and for the airport - I might be wrong) but looking at the clothes of Red, Dick and Jerry, and even Elvis (the cross is missing in the "peanut butter" photos., plus alernate wearing black/dark blue and light blue pants). Or am I just too tired and should go to bed? :wink: Anyone?

Eivind

Eivind

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:26 am

Eivind wrote: Another question; can someone take a look at the candid photos from Pauls site dated june 24 1974 (leaving his hotel in Philadelphia)
It's my impression that these photos are supposed to be from the same time frame (leaving the hotel and for the airport - I might be wrong) but looking at the clothes of Red, Dick and Jerry, and even Elvis (the cross is missing in the "peanut butter" photos., plus alernate wearing black/dark blue and light blue pants). Or am I just too tired and should go to bed? :wink: Anyone?

That was my very first impression as well.
Last edited by E-Cat on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:43 am

Had a look at those two links, and the photos are definitely from 2 different occasions. As you say, Elvis is dressed differently in each of the two links. The photos of him in the black trousers are definitely of him leaving the hotel and going to the plane, as he has the same black trousers on when on his way up the stairs to the plane.

So, when do the photos of him in the blue trousers date from?

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:23 am

To many dates to figure out - help!

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:29 am

paulsweeney wrote:To many dates to figure out - help!

Paul, you suppose to say " ..help, help!" :smt003

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:36 am

Sorry Paul, I really didn't mean to ruin Christmas for ya! Guess renting your appartment in Nice anytime soon is out of the question :)

Eivind

Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:17 am

DarrylMac wrote:So, when do the photos of him in the blue trousers date from?

Hammerschmidt who took these picture, also took some pictures of Elvis arriving in Indianapolis later that year.
If she lived close to Indianapolis, the "blue trouser" pics could be from Bloomington, which is only 50 miles south of Indianapolis.
Do we have pictures of Elvis leaving Bloomington (June 28th) ?

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:34 am

LOOKING LIKE A BALD SPOT THERE
E-Cat wrote:I think there are 2 possibilities, either from Tour 3 (June 15 - July 2) or even from Tour 2.
See also Candid Central's picture below from May / June, where both Vernon and Joe seem to wearing the same attire as in the picture as posted above.

Below the dates when Elvis wore the American Eagle suit in this period:

Tour 2 - 1974:

Tour 3 - 1974:
June 16 - Ft.Worth (8:30 pm)
June 17 - Baton Rouge (8:30 pm)
June 23 - Philadelphia (8:30 pm) - not likely as mentioned above by Eivind
June 25 - Columbus (8:00 pm)

The open dates could be the date for your picture. But to me more accurate, more info is needed:

- where the 'yellow buttons' specific for Tour 3 ? If so, we can skip May 11th as a likely date.
- is this a picture of Elvis enroute to his performance or after his show
- Perhaps you can post a bigger version, because the white uniforms may also give a clue.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:29 pm

Eivind wrote:

Sorry Paul, I really didn't mean to ruin Christmas for ya! Guess renting your appartment in Nice anytime soon is out of the question :)

Eivind

That you can do anytime ;-) ...unless I'm there!

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:51 pm

in this candid, Joe seems to be wearing the same clothes, the first candid is too small to see a lot of details. Maybe it is June 25?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:30 am

As for the upper two photos on http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... 62474.html they're both Lin Hammerschmidt originals from June 23, 1974 at the Philadelphia Hilton.

As for the third photo I'm not so sure this is from Elvis' arrival at the Hilton. You'll notice that Elvis does NOT wear the Maltese Cross as in the first two photos and Joe has his jacket over his arm and carries a lot of papers in stead of the briefcase in the first pic.

As for photos # 8, 9 and 11 on http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ppy74.html these belong to the third photo mentioned above. Since they're photos of Elvis boarding the plane my guess is they're from departing Providence earlier in the day (June 23).

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm

This photo seems to be from the same night...?

photos_0001.jpg

Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 pm

E-Cat wrote:Below the dates when Elvis wore the American Eagle suit in this period:

Tour 2 - 1974:

In LA concert Elvis wears the American Eagle suit with second belt. The photo posted by postelvis he wears the original belt.
Then May 11 is discarded.