Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I had a better day than you.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:33 am

With the rain pouring down all day down here in Dixie what's to do? Well I pulled out my Martin and put on the CD "Elvis at Sun" and played along. It's always fun to play with Elvis, Scotty and Bill.

Can anyone beat that?

p.s. buy yourself a guitar, you'll be glad you did!

Re: I had a better day than you.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:45 am

iplayastrat wrote:With the rain pouring down all day down here in Dixie what's to do? Well I pulled out my Martin and put on the CD "Elvis at Sun" and played along. It's always fun to play with Elvis, Scotty and Bill.

Can anyone beat that?

p.s. buy yourself a guitar, you'll be glad you did!

Yup I can, I spent some time with one of my daughters, helped my old ma do some shopping and sorted out some stuff for her, got a classy haircut at the new hairdressers in the village, cooked myself a tasty meal, received Hillcrest Blues in the post but haven't listened to it yet, spoke to my son on the phone and I have got a guitar but didn't get it out. It's been a lovely day.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:53 am

That does make for a nice day.

On this day, also very rainy in Northeast Pennsylvania, I did my Christmas Show (I'm a singer) for a group of older folks at a nursing home near my house.

For one hour we sang Christmas songs and created smiles for some folks that really need a smile every once in a while. Plus it made me feel good to do it for them. I believe I was more blessed than they on this day

That also is a pretty good day

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:13 am

I GOT IN FROM WORK AT 07.10 AM then went to bed till 2pm then played the 3,4,and 5th disc from the 70s masters box set.then dyed my normally grey hair brown for the xmas holidays ,then at 7pm i arrived back at work and watched a film in the cinema now am sat in my office using my laptop to surf the internet ,waiting for a pizza to arrive for my tea,and i get paid to do it,yes i have had a good day

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 am

keninlincs wrote:I GOT IN FROM WORK AT 07.10 AM then went to bed till 2pm then played the 3,4,and 5th disc from the 70s masters box set.then dyed my normally Grey hair brown for the Xmas holidays ,then at 7pm i arrived back at work and watched a film in the cinema now am sat in my office using my laptop to surf the Internet ,waiting for a pizza to arrive for my tea,and i get paid to do it,yes i have had a good day

What a tough life you have.........................................................

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:27 am

I drove back and forth over a speed bump all day.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:28 am

Rob wrote:I drove back and forth over a speed bump all day.

Just to get the thrill of it bouncing him up and down.............................................

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:29 am

So which of you had the good day?

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 am

me,i had a good day,having a good night too
are you recovering well ?MrEarl

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:33 am

ben wrote:
keninlincs wrote:I GOT IN FROM WORK AT 07.10 AM then went to bed till 2pm then played the 3,4,and 5th disc from the 70s masters box set.then dyed my normally Grey hair brown for the Xmas holidays ,then at 7pm i arrived back at work and watched a film in the cinema now am sat in my office using my laptop to surf the Internet ,waiting for a pizza to arrive for my tea,and i get paid to do it,yes i have had a good day

What a tough life you have.........................................................
yes Ben tough it is.....

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:36 am

keninlincs wrote:me,i had a good day,having a good night too

Yup, getting there, thanks.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:38 am

Jumpsuit Junkie wrote:
speedoo wrote:

Good to hear Earl. Take care!! 8)

Thank you.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:43 am

good stuff hope you fit and well for xmas
speedoo wrote:

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:44 am

been here years so i think il be keeping it a while longer
Jumpsuit Junkie wrote:
keninlincs wrote:I GOT IN FROM WORK AT 07.10 AM then went to bed till 2pm then played the 3,4,and 5th disc from the 70s masters box set.then dyed my normally grey hair brown for the xmas holidays ,then at 7pm i arrived back at work and watched a film in the cinema now am sat in my office using my laptop to surf the internet ,waiting for a pizza to arrive for my tea,and i get paid to do it,yes i have had a good day

All I can say is....KEEP THAT JOB MAN!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:54 am

keninlincs wrote:been here years so i think il be keeping it a while longer
Jumpsuit Junkie wrote:
keninlincs wrote:I GOT IN FROM WORK AT 07.10 AM then went to bed till 2pm then played the 3,4,and 5th disc from the 70s masters box set.then dyed my normally grey hair brown for the xmas holidays ,then at 7pm i arrived back at work and watched a film in the cinema now am sat in my office using my laptop to surf the internet ,waiting for a pizza to arrive for my tea,and i get paid to do it,yes i have had a good day

Do you work in IT?

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:59 am

no im a security guard for a shopping center/cinema complex
speedoo wrote:
Jumpsuit Junkie wrote:

Do you work in IT?

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:00 am

keninlincs wrote:no im a security guard for a shopping center/cinema complex
speedoo wrote:
Jumpsuit Junkie wrote:

Do you work in IT?

Is Four Christmases worth seeing?

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:02 am

its ok typical christmas fayre
The day the earth stood still is 10 times better

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:46 am

Yes, but were you speeding when you did it?? That's the only way to get the most out that activity.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:32 am

Greybeard wrote:I did my Christmas Show (I'm a singer) ...

A darn good one at that!

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:14 pm

iplayastrat wrote: It's always fun to play with Elvis, Scotty and Bill. Can anyone beat that?

When I interviewed James Burton, he played Mystery Train on my guitar as we both sang along.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:28 pm

My neighbours had a good day when I gave away my guitar and stopped singing.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Scott wrote:When I interviewed James Burton, he played Mystery Train on my guitar as we both sang along.

Are you a groupie? :lol:

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:42 pm

buddy holly wrote:
Scott wrote:When I interviewed James Burton, he played Mystery Train on my guitar as we both sang along.

Of whom? James?

No.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Scott wrote:
buddy holly wrote:

Of whom? James?

No.

of anyone's?