Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Kissin´ Cousins FTD now!!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm

Johanesson wrote:[
Not only different vocal versions,but completely different takes,as the pre-recorded tracks were recorded in several different takes,too. If these were saved,than Ernst will be able to create completely unheard versions.
For example,he could pair take 2 of There's Gold In The Mountains (Track) with (let's say) take 1 or take 2 of There's Gold In The Mountains (Vocal Overdub). This way both Elvis' vocal and the pre-recorded tracks would be "new".

Well, they didn't bother to do this with "Paradise, Hawaiian style", so they won't be making the effort with this either. They didn't even include any out-takes of "Sand castles" on the FTD release - and that was the only PHS song that was recorded 'live'!!??!

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:41 pm

It would probably be a real pain in the butt to create new versions. Most likely the different takes were recorded in different tempos and so forth. Elvis on the other hand recorded his vocals while listenin' to the master. So it's probably not that easy to create new versions.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:07 am

FRENCHGUY wrote:Aah Doc, why always this sarcastic way to denigrate what you don't like ?

It's not always, just sometimes.

However, when faced with a ludicrous or erroneous comment, a gentle, lightly-sarcastic reply is far better than simply launching an all-out attack on another member. It's not about dislike, it's about setting the record straight. Surely you can see that.

FRENCHGUY wrote:I really appreciate most of your comments or initiatives on this board. They are often informative, interesting and well-advised ...

How very true!

FRENCHGUY wrote:But, you ain't necessarily right all the time.

Again, how very true -- it's only most of the time that I am spot-on. Nobody's perfect.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

It´s great to have the respond we had from all of you on this topic, I see I´m not alone on this smt131. And Mr. Keith Flynn what´s your opinion on this?. Do you really think it would be a good release :?:, you sure have more inside info on this recording session. Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Mr. Keith Flynn and your opinion on this :roll:: Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:01 pm

All this talk about the Kissin' Cousins soundtrack reminded me how much I used to like it when I was a kid. I haven't listened to it in ages. I'm off now to dig it out and give it another airing. Thanks guys and gals. :D

Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Other than a couple of the classics like "King Creole" and "Blue Hawaii," it wouldn't be a bad thing if FTD took a little time away from the soundtrack reissues....

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Cant wait to get ALL Elvis Movies and Classic Albums on FTD as 7" Releases.
I'll buy them all :smt023

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 am

Andy-M wrote:Cant wait to get ALL Elvis Movies and Classic Albums on FTD as 7" Releases.
I'll buy them all :smt023

We've bought these things over so many times. I'm sure I could have retired at least ten years ago if I hadn't been an Elvis fan.

You're right though Andy, we'll buy them all again. I certainly prefer the movie stuff to all the live soundboard stuff we're getting. I'm now getting pretty tired of all of the soundboards, they've lost their appeal as far as I'm concerned.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 am

speedoo wrote:I'm now getting pretty tired of all of the soundboards, they've lost their appeal as far as I'm concerned.

Easy!

I don't think I could ever say those words. I remember too well what it was like back in the days of........

I can't go into it again.

Yes, I appreciate the movie soundtracks and all of the outtakes that come with them. I especially appreciate the likes of "Elvis Country" and all of the great classic album releases.

This fan won't be getting tired of soundboard shows anytime soon though.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:08 am

Rob wrote:
speedoo wrote:I'm now getting pretty tired of all of the soundboards, they've lost their appeal as far as I'm concerned.

Easy!

I don't think I could ever say those words. I remember too well what it was like back in the days of........

I can't go into it again.

Yes, I appreciate the movie soundtracks and all of the outtakes that come with them. I especially appreciate the likes of "Elvis Country" and all of the great classic album releases.

This fan won't be getting tired of soundboard shows anytime soon though.

I've been a fan for over 50 years Rob. I remember the days when even the smallest snippet of something new was dead exciting but to be honest, we've had so much stuff that there's very little that will catch my attention for very long now, particularly the soundboards.

Yes I too appreciate the likes of Elvis Country but I love new music and we're obviously not going to get anything new from Elvis. I've put my whole collection on iPod, something like 16,000 tracks by a few hundred different artists spanning about 60 years and I play it every day in the car to and from work and most days I'll play some Elvis, but I'll only play the soundboards once and that's when they're newly released.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:49 am

Talking of Kissin' Cousins. Does anyone know anything about this 'boot'? Kissin' Cousins Number 3?

Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

acmeruya wrote:Talking of Kissin' Cousins. Does anyone know anything about this 'boot'? Kissin' Cousins Number 3?

Phil

This would be a beautiful cover for the FTD cd release of Kissin´ Cousins smt126. Bye for now :smt006.

Mike Windgren.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:31 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Not many soundtracks are remaining on FTD and It is not a secret that I have always been a big supporter to have Kissin´Cousin released on the collectors label under the Classic Album series 8). Elvis sang so beautiful on several tracks :smt007. I know it is not one of his best soundtrack but there stand-out some very nice songs like: One Boy, Two Little Girls, Anyone, Kissin´Cousins and finally Tender Feeling :smt020. The complete session was overdubbed but even if there are not alternate takes it would be great to have all these alternate overdubbed vocals. Please follow this link to listen what could be an undubbed stereo version of the beautiful song Tender Feeling. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/79289207/file.html

Note: Thanks to luckyjackson1 for the tips to show me how to download songs ::rocks.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:16 am

So soon after “Viva Las Vegas”, this Sam Katzman production was a sad sign of what was to become, while I have always enjoyed Elvis’ vocal on “Anyone (Could Fall In Love With You)” the quality of the material and production of the session was Elvis’ poorest to date.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:30 am

Stay away from the soundtracks? we haven't had 1 in a while.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am

Well Mike, I couldn't agree more. Elvis' voice was beautiful indeed on this soundtrack. The songs are fun, too. I hope to see this album in the Classic Series one day, but to be honest, I don't think it will happen. It's a cruel world out there.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am

I see no reason, other than lack of outtakes, why this soundtrack should not find it's way into the classic series. We've had Clambake and Easy Come, Easy Go then there's also room for the remaining soundtracks. I agree that Elvis was in good voice and spirit singing those songs. Technically it was a step down from previous soundtracks. Even so, Kissin' Cousins deserves the treatment like the other soundtracks.
I'm eagerly awaiting Roustabout, Speedway, Flaming Star and the remaining late '60's soundtracks too. Bring 'em on Ernst! :)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Not many soundtracks are remaining on FTD and It is not a secret that I have always been a big supporter to have Kissin´Cousin released on the collectors label under the Classic Album series 8). Elvis sang so beautiful on several tracks :smt007. I know it is not one of his best soundtrack but there stand-out some very nice songs like: One Boy, Two Little Girls, Anyone, Kissin´Cousins and finally Tender Feeling :smt020. The complete session was overdubbed but even if there are not alternate takes it would be great to have all these alternate overdubbed vocals. Please follow this link to listen what could be an undubbed stereo version of the beautiful song Tender Feeling. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/79289207/file.html

Note: Thanks to luckyjackson1 for the tips to show me how to download songs ::rocks.

We will probably see a FTD release in future. I have got mixed feelings on this album. I do like Kissin' Cousins 2, Tender Feeling, Anyone, Once is Enough and the back then already very dated Cathin' On Fast. But the joy of listening to the album is completely spoiled by Barefoot Ballad, One Boy, Two Little Girls and Smokey Montain Boy. On the album you could hear both what tremendous talent was available and how it was wasted.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:31 am

acmeruya wrote:Talking of Kissin' Cousins. Does anyone know anything about this 'boot'? Kissin' Cousins Number 3?

Phil

i have it, kissin cousins no.3 is just a homemade remix with a accoustic guitar

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Catchin' on Fast is edited on the soundtrack...maybe the unedited version still exists. Here's hoping!

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm

I actually really like the Kissin Cousins soundtrack.

I'm perfectly aware of how substandard it is, but I just have a soft spot for it. Something to do with listening to it a lot when I was younger perhaps. And for years I only had it on cassette. Now I have it on The Complete Masters, but I hate dragging that thing out every time I want to listen to something I don't have elsewhere.

I'd definitely pick up a copy of the FTD if they were to put it out.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:46 pm

KevinK wrote:I'm perfectly aware of how substandard it is, but I just have a soft spot for it.

I feel the same about the Easy Come Easy Go soundtrack. Very substandard, but also very enjoyable.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:52 pm

KevinK wrote:I actually really like the Kissin Cousins soundtrack. I'm perfectly aware of how substandard it is, but I just have a soft spot for it.

Even Barefoot Ballad?

Ouch.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:35 pm

i love kissin cousins its a fun soundtrack with some great songs i think its one of the best soundtrack covers hope to see it on ftd soon same as roustabout lets hope so

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 pm

This came out in the USA just as Beatlemania was breaking early in 1964. To say Elvis sounded dated is an understatement. Yes, good vocals (better than Clambake and ECEG) but dire material except for 1 or 2 songs. I hope this never makes the mainstream again. Its an embarrasment to his legacy. FTD label is ok for the hardcore collector, but dont subject the public to this awful LP. No one will ever whistle along to Smokey Mountain Boy!