Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: More Then & Now Photos

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:11 am

Thanks for that shoe Terry :-)

Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:35 pm

I can assure you that the picture is Elvis at Johnnies.
Johnnies was there then and it is there now.
I was present as photographer (www.ajsphotos.co.uk) when Roy Turner (Tupelo & Elvis historian/ co producer on Return To Tupelo) presented the picture that now hangs on the wall to the manager...... oh, and Elvis visited Tupleo in August of 55 too ! :wink:
Johnnies is just around the corner from Lawhon School and Elvis ate there as a kid with his friend James Ausborn.
Johnnies certainly was a familar place to Elvis.
I can recommend the RETURN TO TUPELO documentary, there's more to learn there.

Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:10 am

Thanks elvis presley scrapbook. Your input is very appreciated.

I think I'm convinced that the photo is indeed from Tupelo. Now we just have to figure out when.

The photo is obviously from 1956 judging from the shirt which we see only in photos from late spring to about August.

Could it be from when Elvis drove back and forth between Memphis and Biloxi during July of 1956. Junior tagged along on those trips and he's sitting opposite Elvis in the photo.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Brian
I also found this picture or Elvis is the same shirt that you think?
Daytona_Beach_August_9_1956
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:22 pm

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 pm

claude 91 wrote:
Elton wrote:
hilton22000 wrote:Thank you very much for all the photos.
Any date for the last two, please?

Hopefuly someone will know,looks to be same shirt

I found this picture which seems to be the same day on August 6 1956 Lakeland, Florida, the shirt is and the wall behind Elvis is white brick
that you guys think?

Nice find, It was taken by Elvalee Swift and found here http://scottymoore.net/lakeland.html I got that from her. I should send her the picture of him drinking from the glass and see if its one of hers

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:54 pm

1960 & 2007 Inside Vernon's Office
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 pm

1960& 2007 Outside Vernon's Office

Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Peter1970 wrote:1960& 2007 Outside Vernon's Office

Looks like that overhanging bit went right along back when......................

Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Paramount Pictures

More Then & Now Photos

Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 am

The Green Sofa From Jungle Room

More Then & Now Photos

Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Poplar Tunes record shop at Poplar Avenue

Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:03 pm

Outside Poplar Tunes

Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanx Peter, good job :smt006

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:17 am

Lansky's and Graceland

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:19 am

Paris, Memphis and Hollywood

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:57 am

very interesting stuff - great to see!

does anyone have photos off jesse garons's unmarked? grave in the Priceville Cemetery
or is it absolutely completely unmarked & untraceable so theres nothing to photograph ??

be interested to know ?
thanks

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:31 pm

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:56 pm

:lol:

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Z0S0 wrote:very interesting stuff - great to see!

does anyone have photos off jesse garons's unmarked? grave in the Priceville Cemetery
or is it absolutely completely unmarked & untraceable so theres nothing to photograph ??

be interested to know ?
thanks

It is absolutely completely unmarked & untraceable...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Christmas at Graceland now and then

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 am

Hey Peter, can you do a then and now from the church from Charro? If you google "Elvis charro church" you can find the "now" photo's of it. Can you do a screen cap from the movie for a then and now of it?

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 pm

I think it's this one but i'm not sure.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks for that. I'm sure that's it. It's burned and been rebuilt since the movie, and in the movie itself they blew up the steeple, so it's going to look a little different. I appreciate the quick response!

Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Surely that's Vince Everett lying on the couch in Hollywood, rather than Elvis in Graceland.