Post here all polls related to Elvis Albums/Songs Etc.

From Elvis Presley Boulevard: which songs do you like?

Hurt
14%
Never Again
8%
Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
11%
Danny Boy
13%
Last Farewell
8%
For The Heart
10%
Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall
9%
Solitaire
9%
Love Coming Down
11%
I'll Never Fall In Love Again
8%

Total votes : 397

From Elvis Presley Boulevard: which songs do you pick?

Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Which songs do you like from From Elvis Presley Boulevard? Or, if you like to phrase it that way, which are credible masters? See also the discussion on this thread.

Pick as many as you want, from 0 to 10. If you change your mind, you can re-vote.

(We presumably will have dreambear's poll at a later stage, in which you then should pick just a single favourite. I don't mean to interfere with that series of polls.)

Re: From Elvis Presley Boulevard: which songs do you pick?

Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:59 pm

I´m gonna be the first one to write an answer :)

It´s a kind of strange album, isnt it? Elvis sounds wounded and bombastic at the same time. On some songs like "Love coming down" or "Bitter they are..." and of course "Hurt", it works. But on "Never again" and "I´ll never fall in love" it sounds downright painful.

"For the heart" is good with surprisingly strong vocal effort from Elvis. He really seems to like this rocker.

More on a future voting!

//Björn

Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:24 am

My votes are going for "Danny Boy" and "Love Coming Down".

Joern

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Voted for:
Hurt
Blue eyes crying in the rain
Danny boy
For the heart

Back in 1976 when I bought the album I would have chosen Bitter they are, harder they fall instead of Danny boy.

Lennart

Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Not surprisingly, Danny Boy and Hurt are leading the poll. But what may be a surprise to some, Last Farewell is on a par with For The Heart and Love Coming Down at the moment.

Vote on!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:12 am

I voted for:
Hurt
Danny Boy
bitter they are , harder they fall
Love comin down

Danny boy is my top song for this sad LP. Brilliant recording!
Lior

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:23 pm

This is the track's I voted for;

Hurt
Blue eyes crying in the rain
Danny boy
The Last Farewell
For the heart
Solitaire
I'll Never Fall In Love Again

Danny Boy is my favourite track. Sounds better on CD.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:21 pm

Well, "Hurt" is just fantastic.....I love it, but my vote goes to "I`ll never fall in love again"...., I don`t think it`s painful.......I think it`s brilliant and Elvis did a good job. "Love comming down" is another favorite of mine from that album

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:09 pm

elvisa wrote:Well, "Hurt" is just fantastic.....I love it, but my vote goes to "I`ll never fall in love again"...., I don`t think it`s painful.......I think it`s brilliant and Elvis did a good job. "Love comming down" is another favorite of mine from that album

You are aware that you have several votes (and that you can re-vote if you like)?

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 pm

kuenzer wrote:
elvisa wrote:Well, "Hurt" is just fantastic.....I love it, but my vote goes to "I`ll never fall in love again"...., I don`t think it`s painful.......I think it`s brilliant and Elvis did a good job. "Love comming down" is another favorite of mine from that album

You are aware that you have several votes (and that you can re-vote if you like)?

Oh.....no I wasn`t aware of that...thank you :D , I`ll put another vote, on "Hurt" and "Love comming down" then, BUT I don`t want to re-vote :wink:(My first vote are to be, can`t change my mind on that one)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 pm

I voted as follows:
1.) Hurt
2.) Danny Boy
3.) For The Heart
4.) Solitaire
5.) Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
6.) Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:13 pm

This might be interresting to compare, when you only can vote at one song.

//Björn

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:37 pm

My guess is that then 80% of the votes go to Hurt and Danny Boy (mine will go to Bitter They Are).

Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:06 pm

My Picks were:

1. Hurt
2.Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain
3. Love Coming Down
$. I'll Never Fall In Love Again

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 am

they'r e ALL excellent--Never Again is painful only in the sense that Elvis conveys a palpable angst and hurt--the performance is filled with emotion--he sings it with incredible realism

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:06 am

the only songs i dont care for in any form are danny boy and solitaire

Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:12 am

Epcollect wrote:they'r e ALL excellent--Never Again is painful only in the sense that Elvis conveys a palpable angst and hurt--the performance is filled with emotion--he sings it with incredible realism

In my opinion it has to do with uncontrolled vibrato. I tink he would have tackled this song better in, let us say, march 1972 (Separate ways sessions).

//Björn

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Epcollect wrote:they'r e ALL excellent--

Do you own any other Elvis Presley albums?

Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:00 pm

None, this is the one album I can never play. I like I´ll never fall in love by Tom Jones. To hear Elvis version is unbearable. I never liked Danny Boy. I guess For The Heart is less awful. Glad this album was not Elvis' last one. Moody Blue is so much better.

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:50 pm

buddy holly wrote:None, this is the one album I can never play. I like I´ll never fall in love by Tom Jones. To hear Elvis version is unbearable. I never liked Danny Boy. I guess For The Heart is less awful. Glad this album was not Elvis' last one. Moody Blue is so much better.

Really? There are a few standout performances like "Pledging My Love," "Way Down" and "Unchained Melody" -- but, there is also some real crap like "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)," "Little Darlin'" and the recycled "Let Me Be There." Another hodge-podge release. Poor Felton really wanted to put a solid album together and was forced to assemble a very mixed back of track varying in quality because his recording star had no interest and passion for crafting studio music.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:37 am

midnightx wrote:
buddy holly wrote:None, this is the one album I can never play. I like I´ll never fall in love by Tom Jones. To hear Elvis version is unbearable. I never liked Danny Boy. I guess For The Heart is less awful. Glad this album was not Elvis' last one. Moody Blue is so much better.

Really? There are a few standout performances like "Pledging My Love," "Way Down" and "Unchained Melody" -- but, there is also some real crap like "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)," "Little Darlin'" and the recycled "Let Me Be There." Another hodge-podge release. Poor Felton really wanted to put a solid album together and was forced to assemble a very mixed back of track varying in quality because his recording star had no interest and passion for crafting studio music.

Sure but it's compared against From EP Blvd. Moody Blue is not so depressing as From EP Blvd. I actually like "If You Love Me (Let Me Know)" and "Little Darlin". I didn't know for years "Let Me Be There" was recycled. "Pledging My Love" is really good. In only don't like "It's Easy For You" and "He'll Have To Go".

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Never again

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:23 pm

sylvain wrote:Never again

That thought probably comes to mind quite frequently when consumers give this album a spin....

Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:30 am

Sylvain wrote:Never again

midnightx wrote:

That thought probably comes to mind quite frequently when consumers give this album a spin....

Consumers, as opposed to fans.

Rock-a-hula, baby.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:34 pm

kuenzer wrote:
Sylvain wrote:Never again

midnightx wrote:

Consumers, as opposed to fans.

Rock-a-hula, baby.

And you call yourself an Elvis fan ???