E Impersonator - This is disgusting

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

James27
Registered for: 21 years

Post by James27 »

TCBinaflash, I agree with you there are some good tribute artists out there. I don't put them in the same category as the impersonators. Tribute artists first of all don't dress exactly like Elvis. They have enough personality of their own to dress accordingly. They don't necessarily copy Elvis' voice. Though that's not always the rule, sometimes they (try to) do. Nevertheless if their voices are good and they don't make a fool of themselves in an ugly jumpsuit that Elvis wouldn't even use for a doormat, it's ok and they can perform. As long as its respectful, spirited and entertaining.

A good one is Terry Mike Jeffrey. If a tribute artist is real good, I see no harm in performing before a public, even with the TCB band. I trust the guys in the band have enough of good sense to perform only with the very best tribute artists in the business.

But as far as lame fat-ass Elvis impersonators are concerned, as Keith Richards used to say: Shave and go home :x ...

CD King

Post by CD King »

I must admit that I do enjoy Elvis sound-alike if they are really good, like the Chinese doctor from Hong Kong.
Ronnie McDowell, Orion, Terry Mike Jeffery, Johnny Earle are all excellent Tribute artistes. Jamie Aaron Kelly is not too bad for such a young fella. Now none of these superb Elvis sound-alike has ever dare claims to be the 'Voice of Elvis'.
But there is this one Doug Church who claims to be the Voice of Elvis. But the truth is that he sounds more like a poor man's Perry Como doing Elvis. This jumpsuit guy is actually not very good at all. So, he is definately NOT the voice of Elvis.
Only the real King Elvis Presley has the voice of Elvis.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

and its not just about the voice!! man people get such tunnel vision. there's more to Elvis than the voice. thats why all the people u mentioned and all the rest who try to do Elvis dont get it. Elvis is Elvis baby, and cant be duplicated, imitated or replicated! He is the SUPREME ORIGINAL. Humor, looks, Charisma with a capital C, moves, the soul, the groove. anyone else trying to do the MAN is a joke!

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Spot on Kylan. :!:

We don't need impersonators - in fact let's consign them to the Off Topic board. :evil:

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Albert

Post by Albert »

Kylan wrote:and its not just about the voice!! man people get such tunnel vision. there's more to Elvis than the voice. thats why all the people u mentioned and all the rest who try to do Elvis dont get it. Elvis is Elvis baby, and cant be duplicated, imitated or replicated! He is the SUPREME ORIGINAL. Humor, looks, Charisma with a capital C, moves, the soul, the groove. anyone else trying to do the MAN is a joke!
Hear, hear! Can't say it better than you did!

And what I also can't understand is why people buy CD's from impersonators? I mean, why buy from an imposter if you can buy music from the real deal?

sam

Post by sam »

I am guilty of once haveing a tribute LP of Elvis impersonators. It was a picture disc. Some youngsters who heard it thought it was Elvis.

I don't own it or any others now. Please forgive me LOL

:roll:

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

MikeMcCoy

Post by MikeMcCoy »

I'm only going to say this one more time....

This Extreme Elvis freak is only out to get your attention (and it looks like it worked)... he has come on various other sites and put all the people's reactions on his site.

So to those who actually gave this "thing"'s website a look, congratulations, you just fed his ego.

Sadly, Graceland can't do anything about him. They'd love to, believe me, and have been looking into it for some time.

As for the other comments - do they really need to be said again? It's getting to the point where it sounds like a "leaned response". Pavlov(sp) comes to mind.

Some who've spoken have no clue what they're talking about, but with this subject it's no surprise.

Just let this thread DIE.. it doesn't do us any good, only gets people riled up for this sick joke's enjoyment.

Take it from someone who knows, and has been through this with other groups.

-Mike
Founder and Co-President of the E.A.P. Society
(The Elvis Archeological Preservation Society)
http://www.eapsociety.com

Morrissey

Post by Morrissey »

You people are giving him what he wants. Ignore him and he'll go away.

Kylan

Im not trying to be ugly Mike really...

Post by Kylan »

and you are a very nice guy and very cool but even you arent immune to my passionate opinion. You have problems with this thread because you dont like what is being said about you and others in your field. but im sorry, it is true, at least what I said. I wasn't being rude, or singleing anyone out or calling names. but Elvis is the Supreme ORIGINAL! Period. and if you dont agree with my comments from the previous post at its core, then *aahh this is tough but has to be said* then i wonder how much of an Elvis fan are you or are u more of a Mike McCoy fan? *ducking bullets* :wink:

MikeMcCoy

Post by MikeMcCoy »

Kylan,

My opinion is also passionate. NEVER...EVER... have I said that Elvis was not an original. He wasn't just AN original, he was THE original.

The sheer excitement and magnetism will (in my opinion) never be felt like that again, and all I've done is watch videos of him. It's amazing - the sheer emotion and vibe that can just come through the screen. Just blows my mind.

I've kept pretty quiet on the board, I love talking about Elvis and his music (it's my favorite thing to talk about).... and when these threads come up, I do my part to get people to move on. It serves no purpose. It's worse than all the weird stuff we put up with on the other board. What is the purpose of a thread that solves nothing and just ticks us all off?

Although I have kept quiet, I am proud of every aspect of my life, and I have every right to be. You can have any opinion you like, doesn't matter really. I've even said I agree with you on many counts. The whole story is far from known, and this board isn't the place for it... unless I have to.

But regardless, I'm serious with what I said about "Extreme Elvis" putting what's being said on his site - he goes to websites as someone else, acting all shocked and amazed and sickened - knowing that everyone will go look at his site and comment. That's how he gets the tiny touch of recognition he has at all.

Just doing my part, as a fan of the greatest entertainer who ever lived. :)

-Mike

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

well that extreme elvis idiot is a whole other ballgame and he isnt even worth talking about. the other side, the "legit" tribute artists/impersonators field is what im talking about. I think it does a major disservice to Elvis' memory and does more harm than good to Elvis' memory and impact in the long run. and thats what im passionate about, I hate to see that as a fan and as someone who cares about Elvis, and not getting attention myself. I think alot of those people in that field are in it for themselves and feeding some fantasy. but anyway, this is like debating religion or politics. it can get sticky.

Peter Franks

Post by Peter Franks »

Mike McCoy,

Are you saying that sterlini is the owner of that (disgusting) website?

"I don't mean nothin', I just thought I'd say it..."

"I like a lot of the new groups. You know, The Beatles and The Byrds..."

Official member of the Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society.

"We don't make any long terms plans of what we're going to do." -- Ernst Jorgenson, 2002.

MikeMcCoy

Post by MikeMcCoy »

Sterlini may or may not be, but it would fit "Extreme Elvis"' M.O. from past experiences.

To Sterlini, if you are indeed not involved with the site, my sincere apologies. :)

-Mike

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

blackdiamond

Post by blackdiamond »

I've seen the pictures on that ridiculous website too. It doesn't mean that if you have sideburns and wear those stupid sunglasses you'll look like Elvis. Not to mention how FAT that guy is. He make a complete fool of himself. Sick bastard.

TCBinaflash

Post by TCBinaflash »

MikeMcCoy
I at least understand in what you are saying and i agree on every word you said it makes complete sence to me Thank You!
However to everyone who hates Elvis Tribute Artists/Impersonators this is something you all have to live with they exsist they are growing and they are in high demand. like them or loath them they are here to stay. Most Elvis fans want to see the recreation of what it might have been like to see Elvis on stage that is called a Fantasy far from the real thing. To most Elvis fans listening to Elvis's records or his video's are just not enough, they want the atmosphere of a real life concert and to feel alittle of what it might have been like. Why bash these Elvis fans who like these people if it bring a smile to a fan's face and makes them forget there troubles for one night and just reep the atmosphere what is the harm. I agree most ETA's should not even be on stage but alot easier if we all showed our support for these fans and the half decent ETA'S, That way if we advised who are the good ones and who are the rubbish ones then maybe just maybe the rubbish ETA's will disapear because then no fans will waste money to see such a poor tribute. until then the poor excuse for ETA's are still making a living because you choose to turn your back and snarle at them and the fans, which is wrong it may never be your thing, nothing wrong with that at all either, but it is too many other fans and because they love to see ETA' does not mean they are not true to Elvis.
Elvis is Elvis ETA's are ETA's that is alot of difference :)
Thank You just my opinion
Last edited by TCBinaflash on Fri May 09, 2003 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kind Regards
TCBinaflash
http://www.elvisforeveryone.co.uk
That's not tactics Honey' That's The Beast In Me

Post by Guest »

I passed out trying to read that post lol.

TCBinaflash

Post by TCBinaflash »

Francesc how did you nearly pass out reading my post

Kind Regards
TCBinaflash

Post by Guest »

No commas, no periods ! :oops: :oops:

TCBinaflash

Post by TCBinaflash »

Francesc
oops sorry man i forgot your Mr Perfect geez. I thought you only spoke German, and how come your here and not the German board shall i go there and copy and paste what you said about this board how this board sucks and all the members, geez i must have you mistaken with someone else who loves the German board so much, well mr so perfect English if all you can do is comment about my English then i guess that is an improvement because you know Naff all about anything else including Elvis Gday

Kind Regards
TCBinaflash

Post by Guest »

It was a joke ! I'm so sorry I offended you. Actually I don't know what the hell you are talking about the German messageboard ! I don't speak German. Not a word. I speak 3 languages but not German. So I think maybe the mask got in your eyes way ...crap the mask was Orion ..sorry! I got confused too.

Francesc

TCBinaflash

Post by TCBinaflash »

No harm done 8) im easily amused

Kind Regards
TCBinaflash

Post by Guest »

So who's the other person that doesnt like this board and posts in the German board?

bajo

A CUP OF COFFEE FOR TEA!

Post by bajo »

I never drink a cup of tea, if it's coffee I want! Or the other way around!
I can only stress myself to say: OK GUYS if you want to give Elvis some credit: Stay at home and sing in the bathroom!
If you really want to pay credit to the man, buy his records, his tapes, his CD's, his DVD's! Don't fool yourself to think you're doing him well!!!

MikeMcCoy

Post by MikeMcCoy »

And still it goes...

Anyway, just a couple more cents worth... fans of other artists do not give as much crap to the impersonations/tributes performers as Elvis fans do, and you don't hear about how "Cher's tribute artists make her look like a joke".

This may or may not be my last word on this, but bear in mind that every tribute artist who does a disrespectful job is NOT a legitimate tribute performer for that very reason..

If you took all those away who were fat, ugly, "over-the-top", etc, and all you had were those who actually put some time into it, who were serious about it and didn't do Elvis a great disservice, then it would probably be more like "I don't really like them, but they're not really hurting anything." This will be next to impossible to truly put into perspective seeing the current problem (which is a flood, IMO), but do try to do so.

I'm not looking for a respsonse on this, just reflection for those out there, whatever your opinion may be. :)

-Mike